ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:10 pm

navkant wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:01 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:07 am
According to what I have seen on other public spaces, there still is activity. Just seems like nothing for people who are part of this forum.
Can I ask where, please I want to follow those discussions too. Tracking Set O approvals, till Oct end, it was less than a week. Post the term break start, it's not moving at all.
Facebook and Twitter
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:11 pm

navkant wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
According to what I have seen on other public spaces, there still is activity. Just seems like nothing for people who are part of this forum.
Can I ask where, please I want to follow those discussions too. Tracking Set O approvals, till Oct end, it was less than a week. Post the term break start, it's not moving at all.
I am part of two Facebook groups but have not seen activity for Set O apart from August applications. I called my immigration consultants and they said don't expect it this year :-(

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by mesn » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:24 pm

gag285 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:11 pm
navkant wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
I am part of two Facebook groups but have not seen activity for Set O apart from August applications. I called my immigration consultants and they said don't expect it this year :-(
I think immigration attorneys are just giving bookish replies. Mine said, not to expect anything before 6 months, but I know that she has her hands full with Apr-Jun cases where UKVCAS had the mapping issue, delaying everything by few months. If they in deed moved away from Physical biometrics-based Set O applications, I think its safe to assume, we will be on the 2 months wait like others and possibly next year decision with the latest lockdown and Christmas break.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by klownking » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:37 pm

13 weeks since the date of application. I am not seeing any reply this week or during the lockdown period. For me, only 9 more weeks to go :x :x :x ... I don't know should I go mad or wait patiently.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:41 pm

Yeah they have never forgot to mention 6 months in all communications. I understand they don't want the applicants chasing them every day/week. My wild assumption is that there has been a change of course i.e. they are now picking up applications that are IDV related to clear that backlog starting last week which is why no more fast decisions have been reported (as far as I know).

fx125

Post by fx125 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:53 pm

gag285 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:11 pm
navkant wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
Can I please ask what these 2 group are so I can join (no link allowed here but maybe some keyword to search). And why u guys think we can expect it this year? In the timeline thread, it has moved to 15 Oct application date?

Dhivyaa
Newly Registered
India

Post by Dhivyaa » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:01 pm

Hi All,

Please can I know the email address which UKVI uses for SET(LR) approvals. Based on the timeline thread I m excepting my approval by mid of Nov 2020.

I have been checking all my inboxes daily but it would be great to know the actual email id so it doesn't get missed accidentally.

Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:04 pm

fx125 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:53 pm
Can I please ask what these 2 group are so I can join (no link allowed here but maybe some keyword to search). And why u guys think we can expect it this year? In the timeline thread, it has moved to 15 Oct application date?
Just search Indefinite Leave to Remain in Facebook groups search. You will get an idea by the number of members which the popular ones are.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:12 pm

Dhivyaa wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:01 pm
Hi All,

Please can I know the email address which UKVI uses for SET(LR) approvals. Based on the timeline thread I m excepting my approval by mid of Nov 2020.

I have been checking all my inboxes daily but it would be great to know the actual email id so it doesn't get missed accidentally.

Thanks
The approval comes from Home Office ATLAS as far as know. Also, could you please update the timeline thread with your details? :)
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

aclondon
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by aclondon » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:15 pm

Hi all, did someone mention that ILR Set O with only physical biometrics submission is being processed based on application date, not biometrics appointment date?

I applied on Oct 4, and had biometrics appointment on Oct 21, but have not received a decision... Meanwhile some other fellow members here submitted after, had biometrics appointment after, and have received their decisions (based on the timeline thread). It sounds so random to me... trying to find an explanation.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:18 pm

aclondon wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:15 pm
Hi all, did someone mention that ILR Set O with only physical biometrics submission is being processed based on application date, not biometrics appointment date?

I applied on Oct 4, and had biometrics appointment on Oct 21, but have not received a decision... Meanwhile some other fellow members here submitted after, had biometrics appointment after, and have received their decisions (based on the timeline thread). It sounds so random to me... trying to find an explanation.
Don't worry. The random theory is more likely IMHO. My timeline is similar to yours just 3 days earlier on submission and two days later on biometrics. Not heard anything .

mrwersa
Newly Registered

Post by mrwersa » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:20 pm

aclondon wrote:

I guess It depends on how straightforward your application is, i.e., multiple employers, letters from all employers approving all of your absences, etc. I'm on the same boat: I submitted my application on Oct 1 and submitted biometrics on Oct 22. I'm still waiting for a decision.

fx125

Post by fx125 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:22 pm

aclondon wrote:

Yes - I mentioned that cz UKVI mentioned clearly its based on Application Date. I think it may depend on the complexity of your case and the caseworker workload. Also, I reckon that only after Biometrics is submitted does your application become complete and assigned to the CW. Now, in the pool of Application of each CW, he will process based on application date. Let say a mate applied on 10 Oct after you but he provided biometrics on 15 Oct then he is assigned to a CW before you and got decision faster. If he, alternatively, provided Biometrics on 21 Oct so both of you are assigned to the CW then the CW must process ur application first. Thats my 2cent!

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by mesn » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:23 pm

aclondon wrote:

There is someone who applied on 8Oct, Bio on 24th, and received their decision already. Also, there could be cases where HO would want to run some extra checks I guess.

mrwersa
Newly Registered

Post by mrwersa » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:27 pm

navkant wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:23 pm
aclondon wrote:

There is someone who applied on 8Oct, Bio on 24th, and received their decision already. Also, there could be cases where HO would want to run some extra checks I guess.
Yeah, that lucky bastard :x

aclondon
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by aclondon » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:27 pm

mrwersa wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:20 pm
aclondon wrote:

I guess It depends on how straightforward your application is, i.e., multiple employers, letters from all employers approving all of your absences, etc. I'm on the same boat: I submitted my application on Oct 1 and submitted biometrics on Oct 22. I'm still waiting for a decision.
My case is pretty straightforward, as far as I and my immigration advisor can see. Two employers in the past 5 years (one after another), so only one current employer, who provided letter etc. It seems inexplicable to me that decisions were flowing quite quickly for Set O last week, and then completely slowed down since Friday. Perhaps half term time off, but then surely yesterday and today should have picked up again. There is no real reason the lockdown announcement would have an impact on Home Office processing as far as I can reason.

Is your case straightforward as well? Good luck to us all!

TuM1010
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by TuM1010 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:28 pm

Just to update that I've just received my approval. Here's the timeline:

Type: SET O T2 dependent only
Online application: 17th Aug
In-person bio (ineligible for IDV): 10th Sep
Approval email: 3rd Nov

Thank you all for your help and info which helped me manage my stress a lot! Now we'll be waiting for the new BRP, and good luck to all of you.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:32 pm

navkant wrote:
Also, there could be cases where HO would want to run some extra checks I guess.
No offense but I doubt that. I think unless there is reasonable doubt, most applications should take the same amount of time to process (CW on the application) as was taken by super priority applications before March 2020. One jumped the CW queue by paying £800 extra but that did not make their application any easier to process or jump checks. Then again who knows what goes on at UKVI. These are just guesses.

mrwersa
Newly Registered

Post by mrwersa » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:38 pm

aclondon wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:27 pm
mrwersa wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:20 pm
aclondon wrote:

My case is pretty straightforward, as far as I and my immigration advisor can see. Two employers in the past 5 years (one after another), so only one current employer, who provided letter etc. It seems inexplicable to me that decisions were flowing quite quickly for Set O last week, and then completely slowed down since Friday. Perhaps half term time off, but then surely yesterday and today should have picked up again. There is no real reason the lockdown announcement would have an impact on Home Office processing as far as I can reason.

Is your case straightforward as well? Good luck to us all!
Mine should be straightforward as well. The only (potential) complication in my application might be due to the absence letters from my previous employers.

I've got three employers. Got letters from three of them, but only the current one mentioned all my absences in the letter. The second one just mentioned that my holidays were all paid. The first one couldn't even confirm my absences due to holiday records not being kept at the end of employment (they did however mention that in the letter). Anyways, I have not exceeded the 30 working days per year rule so the caseworker can apply discretion. To help the case, I included all my payslips, contracts, and my e-tickets.

I'm really hopping to get a decision soon. I got a lucrative job offer pending for my ILR decision :( Good luck to all.

Dhivyaa
Newly Registered
India

Post by Dhivyaa » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:41 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:12 pm
Dhivyaa wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:01 pm
Hi All,

Thanks
The approval comes from Home Office ATLAS as far as know. Also, could you please update the timeline thread with your details? :)
Timeline updated. Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:44 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:50 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

debrancherenzym

Post by debrancherenzym » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:50 pm

I feel like because I approached my MP, they are penalising me purposely, SET (M) 22nd June, nothing at all complex, earning over threshold, all documents complete, IDV 28th Aug and in-person 15th Sept.

Really frustrated :?:

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:51 pm

debrancherenzym wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:50 pm
I feel like because I approached my MP, they are penalising me purposely, SET (M) 22nd June, nothing at all complex, earning over threshold, all documents complete, IDV 28th Aug and in-person 15th Sept.

Really frustrated :?:
You should save your play cards for the right time. You played it too early.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by mesn » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:53 pm

gag285 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:32 pm
navkant wrote:
Also, there could be cases where HO would want to run some extra checks I guess.
No offense but I doubt that. I think unless there is reasonable doubt, most applications should take the same amount of time to process (CW on the application) as was taken by super priority applications before March 2020. One jumped the CW queue by paying £800 extra but that did not make their application any easier to process or jump checks. Then again who knows what goes on at UKVI. These are just guesses.
Makese sense. As long as there are some Physical biometrics of Set O from last 2 weeks getting a decision, I think we can assume nothing has changed. Else, they would have paused processing these till IDV ones catch up.