ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Amy_R88

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Amy_R88 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:16 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:31 pm
Shah09 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:17 pm
Amy_R88 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:04 pm
Has anyone from end of July still waiting for decision? I applied 26/07 (set LR). Still nothing. Am I the only one left from July 😥
I applied 29/07 still nothing .
Same question for both of you, just like @poper asked. Is there anything that either of you consider questionable in your immigration/general history?
Not that I can think of. Do they process applications in date order or pick some randomly from each month?

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:21 pm

Amy_R88 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:16 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Shah09 wrote:
Amy_R88 wrote:
Has anyone from end of July still waiting for decision? I applied 26/07 (set LR). Still nothing. Am I the only one left from July 😥
Same question for both of you, just like @poper asked. Is there anything that either of you consider questionable in your immigration/general history?
Not that I can think of. Do they process applications in date order or pick some randomly from each month?
Set LR appears to be picked in data order as far as I know. Early August applicants have begun to receive decisions.
Do keep checking your email(and Junk folder) and pickup calls from Private Numbers without fail. These could be from the CW
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

schen
Panama

Post by schen » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:29 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:12 pm
schen wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:38 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:26 pm
Jeeeesus! The Set LR timeline thread has been blowing up today! @poper did you get all your contacts to sign up here and post their timelines? :lol: 😂
Indeed! I was in shock (in a pleasant way)! @ajitu92, may I ask how many applicants in August and in September according to your dataset? Just try to see the possible volume trend from its forum (to guess the processing speed) - may not represent the real world accurately but good to have an idea. Many thanks! :)
35 in August and 15 in September now. That being said, one positive trend I can confirm is that all August applicants processing times have been 8X days (X being a number between 0 and 9). So the decisions are definitely coming in quicker...just not quick enough, as is the perpetual case. I might post an the updated graph a bit later.
Wonderful news and hope the CWs keep up! You're a superstar! :)

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:35 pm

poper wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:21 pm
Amy_R88 wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
Shah09 wrote:

Set LR appears to be picked in data order as far as I know. Early August applicants have begun to receive decisions.
Do keep checking your email(and Junk folder) and pickup calls from Private Numbers without fail. These could be from the CW
+10000. I concur.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:35 pm

schen wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:29 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
schen wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
Jeeeesus! The Set LR timeline thread has been blowing up today! @poper did you get all your contacts to sign up here and post their timelines? :lol: 😂
Indeed! I was in shock (in a pleasant way)! @ajitu92, may I ask how many applicants in August and in September according to your dataset? Just try to see the possible volume trend from its forum (to guess the processing speed) - may not represent the real world accurately but good to have an idea. Many thanks! :)
35 in August and 15 in September now. That being said, one positive trend I can confirm is that all August applicants processing times have been 8X days (X being a number between 0 and 9). So the decisions are definitely coming in quicker...just not quick enough, as is the perpetual case. I might post an the updated graph a bit later.
Wonderful news and hope the CWs keep up! You're a superstar! :)
Aye, let's hope lockdown doesn't talk to that up! Thank you for your kind words :D
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

Shah09
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shah09 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:02 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Shah09 wrote:
Amy_R88 wrote:
Mine is complicated . Came as a student ,did extensions. Change it to flr refused oversed 26days
In feb 2016 . So there was short gap in ten years continuities

Anotherhustler4vis
Newly Registered

Post by Anotherhustler4vis » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:46 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
schen wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
Amazing work as always @ajitu92

I do really hope that 35:15 ratio could somehow represent how much bigger a pool of applicants in August in comparison to September then that 8X days would likely to sink further, but then again life does not always follow ones’ hope and dream.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:55 pm

Post by TR911 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:40 pm

Hi all,

I submitted my Set (LR) documents via IDV app on 7th Sep, haven't heard anything back. I know this is still within the recommended 6 months timeline and I shouldn't panic. However, I'm just slightly worried that I might have missed their email which might get sent to my spam box that I don't check regularly and eventually got automatically deleted.

So far I never received any email about reusing my biometrics throughout my whole application which started on 23rd Aug (IDV app inviatation received on 6 Sep). My previous visa was given in July 2018 and biometrics was taken back then. Is there a phone number or email address I can contact just to check if they sent an email to me in case they requseted additional information?

Thank you!!
You should wait patiently. Do not get worried and read the previous discussion.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

TR911
Newly Registered
China

Post by TR911 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:34 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:55 pm
Post by TR911 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:40 pm

Hi all,

I submitted my Set (LR) documents via IDV app on 7th Sep, haven't heard anything back. I know this is still within the recommended 6 months timeline and I shouldn't panic. However, I'm just slightly worried that I might have missed their email which might get sent to my spam box that I don't check regularly and eventually got automatically deleted.

So far I never received any email about reusing my biometrics throughout my whole application which started on 23rd Aug (IDV app inviatation received on 6 Sep). My previous visa was given in July 2018 and biometrics was taken back then. Is there a phone number or email address I can contact just to check if they sent an email to me in case they requseted additional information?

Thank you!!
You should wait patiently. Do not get worried and read the previous discussion.
Thank you for directing me here. I'm just bit concerned because my current spouse visa will expire end of December and the HR from my company is asking about my visa status. Unsure if I'm still allowed to work if I don't hear back after my visa expires...

Amy_R88

Post by Amy_R88 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:10 am

poper wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:21 pm
Amy_R88 wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
Shah09 wrote:

Checking emails regularly. I have recently changed my contact number. I was unaware of the fact that they might call too. How could I update them? Is there anyway to do that via online form? Or via email?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:30 am

TR911 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:34 pm
Thank you for directing me here. I'm just bit concerned because my current spouse visa will expire end of December and the HR from my company is asking about my visa status. Unsure if I'm still allowed to work if I don't hear back after my visa expires...
You are covered by Section 3C as long you made an in time application. Your visa expiry is irrelevant. You can provide the UAN of your application to your employer, they can run an ECS check and your status will come back fine from Home Office. Your work rights remain the same as on current visa till a decision is made on your application.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:35 am

Amy_R88 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:10 am
Checking emails regularly. I have recently changed my contact number. I was unaware of the fact that they might call too. How could I update them? Is there anyway to do that via online form? Or via email?
You can not change just your mobile number online. They may call if need be, but they are bound to use official way of contact if phone is not answered. So either they will contact you via email or post. As long your email and address are same, you are fine.

NNHidayah
Newly Registered

Post by NNHidayah » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:22 am

Shah09 wrote:
Amy_R88 wrote:
I applied for ILR Set (O) on 16 June. Did both IDV and face to face submissions. I sent emails already. But, I heard nothing so far....

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:53 am

Shah09 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:02 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Shah09 wrote:
Amy_R88 wrote:
Mine is complicated . Came as a student ,did extensions. Change it to flr refused oversed 26days
In feb 2016 . So there was short gap in ten years continuities
Ah fair enough, unfortunately yours might take longer then in all honesty.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:56 am

Anotherhustler4vis wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:46 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
schen wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
Amazing work as always @ajitu92

I do really hope that 35:15 ratio could somehow represent how much bigger a pool of applicants in August in comparison to September then that 8X days would likely to sink further, but then again life does not always follow ones’ hope and dream.
Thank you once again! It may represent that or it may not, can't say much based on such a small dataset to be honest. I too hope the 8X days trend continues and comes further down a little to be honest, but like you said, with UKVI/Home Office, no trend/data can be certain. We'll just have to wait and see unfortunately.

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:46 am

By the grace of Allah, My SET(LR) applicant has been successful. The lovely email came in this morning at 8:26 am. My wife also received her successful SET(LR) decision yesterday 3:26 pm. There is something unique about two emails coming at 26 mins past the hour :D

Sincere gratitude to all members here especially Cullian, CR001, Ajitu92, et al.

I wish all of those waiting a decision soon.

I will see some of you in 12 months time in the BC forum for myself. Time for recovery now then in few days I'll start BC application for my little one :D

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:47 am

hobba2008 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:46 am
By the grace of Allah, My SET(LR) applicant has been successful. The lovely email came in this morning at 8:26 am. My wife also received her successful SET(LR) decision yesterday 3:26 pm. There is something unique about two emails coming at 26 mins past the hour :D

Sincere gratitude to all members here especially Cullian, CR001, Ajitu92, et al.

I will see some of you in 12 months time in the BC forum for myself. Time for recovery now then in few days I'll start BC application for my little one :D
Woohoo! Mabrook ya hobba! :D 🎉🎊 Many thanks for keeping us all updated! :D

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:48 am

ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:47 am
hobba2008 wrote:

Woohoo! Mabrook ya hobba! :D 🎉🎊 Many thanks for keeping us all updated! :D
Thank you :)

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:13 am

hobba2008 wrote:

Congrats to you and your wife hobba2008. A big sigh of relief for you both
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

aclondon
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by aclondon » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:16 am

Glad to see things moving again and members getting approvals this week!

For those who got approvals, were your statuses on the online tool to check right to work updated right after the approval emails were sent out?

gabidzas

Post by gabidzas » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:34 am

I got my ILR approval this morning (T2G Set O route + Dependent), it took 7 weeks from the date of application, I have submitted biometrics with IDV app only.
I want to thank everyone in this forum for support and advises I received.

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by klownking » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:36 am

gabidzas wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:34 am
I got my ILR approval this morning (T2G Set O route + Dependent), it took 7 weeks from the date of application, I have submitted biometrics with IDV app only.
I want to thank everyone in this forum for support and advises I received.
Congratulations...!!! It has been 13 weeks since I submitted my application and have not heard anything back yet....

mrwersa
Newly Registered

Post by mrwersa » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:34 am

aclondon wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:16 am

For those who got approvals, were your statuses on the online tool to check right to work updated right after the approval emails were sent out?
I got my ATLAS successful email at 10am today and I was checking my right to work page from 9:00am to ~9:50. I checked the status right after I got the ATLAS email and it was updated. So the right to work update method to check the status of the application before getting a decision email might not be useful for all. In my case it changed almost as soon as I got the email.

aclondon
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by aclondon » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:37 am

mrwersa wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:34 am
aclondon wrote:

I got my ATLAS successful email at 10am today and I was checking my right to work page from 9:00am to ~9:50. I checked the status right after I got the ATLAS email and it was updated. So the right to work update method might not be useful for all. In my case it changed almost as soon as I got the email.
Congratulations on your result!!! And thanks for the insight. It does sound like the right to work page is updated right after a decision is made then.

My immigration advisor would get the email instead of me, so I thought I would avoid having to wait for her to forward the email by checking the right to work page. I'll keep waiting...

mrwersa
Newly Registered

Post by mrwersa » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:42 am

aclondon wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:37 am
mrwersa wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:34 am
aclondon wrote:

I got my ATLAS successful email at 10am today and I was checking my right to work page from 9:00am to ~9:50. I checked the status right after I got the ATLAS email and it was updated. So the right to work update method might not be useful for all. In my case it changed almost as soon as I got the email.
Congratulations on your result!!! And thanks for the insight. It does sound like the right to work page is updated right after a decision is made then.

My immigration advisor would get the email instead of me, so I thought I would avoid having to wait for her to forward the email by checking the right to work page. I'll keep waiting...
Thanks buddy. Checking the right to work website would definitely work.
What's your ILR route, and when did you apply? It seems like SET(O) applicants are getting a lot faster response. I submitted my application on Oct 1 and my biometrics on Oct 22.