ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Where do I request a record of the number of days I spent outside of UK in the last 10 years?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

stevenlau95
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hong Kong

Where do I request a record of the number of days I spent outside of UK in the last 10 years?

Post by stevenlau95 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:03 pm

I have been in the UK as a foreigner for 7 years now and I am planning to stay here long enough to get the permanent residence status. My plan is to be on tier 4 visa for 9 years and then work visa for 1 year, within this 10 years not spending more than 540 days outside of the UK.

Issue is, I can mostly estimate the number of days I have spent outside the UK, but that is only an estimate, is there any official source where I can check how many days I have spent outside the UK so far since a certain date?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Where do I request a record of the number of days I spent outside of UK in the last 10 years?

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:22 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

arjay

Re: Where do I request a record of the number of days I spent outside of UK in the last 10 years?

Post by arjay » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:02 am

stevenlau95 wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:03 pm
I have been in the UK as a foreigner for 7 years now and I am planning to stay here long enough to get the permanent residence status. My plan is to be on tier 4 visa for 9 years and then work visa for 1 year, within this 10 years not spending more than 540 days outside of the UK.

Issue is, I can mostly estimate the number of days I have spent outside the UK, but that is only an estimate, is there any official source where I can check how many days I have spent outside the UK so far since a certain date?
(Or) can you not check through your passports?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:58 am

arjay wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:02 am
(Or) can you not check through your passports?
As far as I know, Hong Kong does not stamp passports on entry/exit but issues landing slips instead.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Fayy
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by Fayy » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:47 am

I too am worried about this. Have been checking through my passport for stamps. I also did the SAR as suggested above but I think the earlier years of my 10-year period were in paper records only (e.g. landing cards) and they did not/could not provide those because of covid, so didn't 100% get what I needed :(

Now just trying to dig through my emails for bookings to confirm as well. It's a tedious task for sure. Good luck to you!