ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I travel outside while Citizenship application is under progress

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sunnysakhi
India

Can I travel outside while Citizenship application is under progress

Post by sunnysakhi » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:22 am

Dear All
I am applying for citizenship this month. I might be required to travel out of country for work purpose. Is it allowed to travel outside the country while your citizenship application is under progress. I haven't got any clear cut instruction where it is mentioned yes or not. While applying for ILR there is clear instruction that if someone travels out of country while application is in process then the application is considered withdrawn. Any clarity on this issue will be highly appreciated.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Can I travel outside while Citizenship application is under progress

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:25 am

sunnysakhi wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:22 am
Dear All
I am applying for citizenship this month. I might be required to travel out of country for work purpose. Is it allowed to travel outside the country while your citizenship application is under progress. I haven't got any clear cut instruction where it is mentioned yes or not. While applying for ILR there is clear instruction that if someone travels out of country while application is in process then the application is considered withdrawn. Any clarity on this issue will be highly appreciated.
You are free to travel - naturalisation isn't an immigration application.
Except to say you will probably want to have the biometrics done as soon as you can (UKVCAS centres will remain open), or within 45 days of your application date I think.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

sunnysakhi
India

Post by sunnysakhi » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:28 am

Thanks for the reply. Is it mentioned anywhere. If you know can you please share the link. Thanks in advance.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:32 am

sunnysakhi wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:28 am
Thanks for the reply. Is it mentioned anywhere. If you know can you please share the link. Thanks in advance.
This is what we advise applicants for years - did it myself, went on a business trip.
Perhaps UKVCAS website can confirm: ukvcas.co.uk/home-internal
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:32 am

sunnysakhi wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:28 am
As @Alterhase58 said, you are free to travel after making an AN application (before or after biometrics). However, note you must book a biometrics appointment within 45 WORKING days. Also, you are free to travel until you attend the ceremony i.e. till you become British. At that point, your ILR BRP is invalid and must be returned to HO within 5 days after attending the ceremony.

The earliest biometrics appointment is running with a 1 month lag. If you book today, you are looking around 1st Dec.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

sunnysakhi
India

Post by sunnysakhi » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:46 am

Thanks to you both. appreciate your prompt response.