ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Application Status Update

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Anon132
Sudan

MN1 Application Status Update

Post by Anon132 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:09 am

Hi all,

My partner and I were approved ILR in February 2020. My son was born in the UK (2018). We applied for my son's citizenship in March 2020, gone for biometrics in July (delay due to pandemic) and haven't heard anything since. I contacted UKVI for an update, and I just received this email:

"Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.
We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. As you may be aware, naturalisation is not an automatic process, and we have to make a number of enquiries to ensure that applicants can satisfy the statutory requirements. Some of these enquiries are carried out by external agencies on our behalf and can sometimes take longer than six months to complete.
Please be assured that as soon as we are in a position to reach a decision on the application for xxxxx xxxxx, you will be notified accordingly. You do not need to contact us again unless you need to report a change in circumstances.
The Home Office will endeavour to process applications as quickly as possible but in the current circumstances, applications will take longer than normal to process, including applications for British Citizenship. If you have submitted an application and are concerned about missing a deadline to enrol biometrics, provide additional information or take a citizenship ceremony, please be assured that extra time will be allowed, and applications will be held open during this period. No adverse decisions will be made on applications because of delays caused by Coronavirus."

It would have made sense if they stated that the delay is due to the pandemic, but in this case, it seems to do with external agencies and checks. I am confused as he's not even 2 years old and I don't understand what checks can take so long for a toddler.

I would really appreciate your thoughts on this.

Many thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: MN1 Application Status Update

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:23 am

Looks like a standard holding email that has been queried previously - we have no way of knowing what they are checking with which agencies, or whether it's just connected with backlogs that will have build up over the past few months.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Anon132
Sudan

Post by Anon132 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:54 am

Hi there, I know we have no access to such information but it's really frustrating when applications have been approved for many others after that period.

Many thanks for your reply though 😊

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:28 pm

Anon132 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:54 am
Hi there, I know we have no access to such information but it's really frustrating when applications have been approved for many others after that period.

Many thanks for your reply though 😊
This is a generic email. No relevance to decision pace. Many members have received decisions right after this email also. Ignore it.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Anon132
Sudan

Post by Anon132 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:16 pm

Many thanks

Anon132
Sudan

Post by Anon132 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:02 pm

You were absolutely right CULLINAN, we just got his certificate today. Thank you so much. Feel so relieved. Cheers 😊