ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IRP duration for Stamp 4 as a parent of Irish citizen

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Narbukra
Ireland

IRP duration for Stamp 4 as a parent of Irish citizen

Post by Narbukra » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:55 pm

Hello

My wife just renewed her Stamp 4 based on living with an Irish citizen child.
She had this status 2 years ago and was only granted 2 years permission until the expiry date of her passport. The officer said that she was entitled for 3 years permission under this status (Stamp 4 as a parent of Irish citizen) and that she will have 1 year extension for free when she renews her passport.
She applied for renewal 2 months ago and had to pay full fees via the online system that does not wave fees.
She was issued with a new 2 years permission even-though her new passport is valid for 4 years.

Do you know if permission under Stamp 4 based on living with an Irish citizen child should be for 3 years instead of 2?
Can we claim amendment of the IRP to cover 3 years rather than 2?
She already missed 1 year on her old IRP as she applied for a new IRP and could not claim the extension for 1 year.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: IRP duration for Stamp 4 as a parent of Irish citizen

Post by littlerr » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:41 pm

If in her previous registration, the officer said that she is entitled to an extra year's registration, then you should have emailed them about this to get that 1 year free-of-charge, rather than applying for a renewal, which will incur full 300 euro charge. It may also give the renewal officer the wrong perception that she was entitled to only 2 years because the previous registration was valid for only 2 years.

You should email them immediately, asking why only 2 years were given to her. Note that although she is entitled to a maximum of 3 years per registration, the officer has the absolute discretionary power to give her less time. We have seen quite a few cases here since the renewal platform went online.

Dadyal1
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: IRP duration for Stamp 4 as a parent of Irish citizen

Post by Dadyal1 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:30 am

Hi
I have stamp 4 based on irish child . Inis give me one year stamp. I renewal my stamp 3 time and they give me one year visa every time . Now my 3 year completed can i apply for 3 year visa