ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Adam17

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Adam17 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:08 pm

Hsrsham1211 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:17 pm
[
All
IDV only Set(0) applications ARE being processed. Just got my approval mail from atlas for sept 23 biometrics via IDV submission. Will shortly update timeline
Meanwhile will now be cancelling my in person appointment (free) in Croydon next week. The slot should open up, anyone on this forum please book if required on priority
@Hsrsham1211, Congrats mate, did you cancel your appointment already? I am submitting my application tonight, hopefully i can make use of it although i doubt cancelled appointments show up straightaway in the UKVCAS system?

Adam17

Post by Adam17 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:11 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:36 pm
No worries, glad I could help!

So essentially, it is the date that you submit your application and pay that is of utmost importance. The UKVCAS website does say that the date of registration with UKVI/UKVCAS, matters in terms of processing order (i.e. when your application will be picked up by the Home Office) but it is still quite unclear as to how exactly that works/affects the process. There has been some anecdotal evidence on this forum that UKVI was "pre assessing" applications in the previous lockdown as UKVCAS centres were shut (hence the introduction and usefulness of the "Submit to UKVI" button for the supporting documents) but it is unclear whether they are still doing so (extremely unlucky given UKVCAS is back to normal operations).

What is certain though, is that your decision cannot be made until biometrics are verified. So generally speaking, yes, the later your appointment, the longer it will take (overall) for your decision to come through. So your latest assumption (at least 5 weeks on the basis of a biometric appointment being done 4 weeks from tomorrow) is correct.

Super grateful, thank you sir!

asdunbar
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by asdunbar » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:46 pm

I have never posted in a forum like this before, so I'm not even sure I'm posting correctly or just replying to one post... but I really need help with a question, so anyone feel free to direct me as needed.

I submitted my online FLR Spouse Visa application on 1 September 2020.
I completed my biometrics and submitted my docs via he IDV app on 6 October because it seemed like there were never open appointments anywhere.
I called the Home Office on 2 November to get a status update on my decision and was told that they have put in a request for me to be emailed a status update within 10 days.

Reading through this forum, it seems many people who attended an in-person appt received decisions quickly. Should I try to book an in-person appt? And how are people able to book appts? It seems like there never are any on the Sopra Steria website!!

Thanks for your help.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:57 pm

Adam17 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:11 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:36 pm
No worries, glad I could help!

So essentially, it is the date that you submit your application and pay that is of utmost importance. The UKVCAS website does say that the date of registration with UKVI/UKVCAS, matters in terms of processing order (i.e. when your application will be picked up by the Home Office) but it is still quite unclear as to how exactly that works/affects the process. There has been some anecdotal evidence on this forum that UKVI was "pre assessing" applications in the previous lockdown as UKVCAS centres were shut (hence the introduction and usefulness of the "Submit to UKVI" button for the supporting documents) but it is unclear whether they are still doing so (extremely unlucky given UKVCAS is back to normal operations).

What is certain though, is that your decision cannot be made until biometrics are verified. So generally speaking, yes, the later your appointment, the longer it will take (overall) for your decision to come through. So your latest assumption (at least 5 weeks on the basis of a biometric appointment being done 4 weeks from tomorrow) is correct.

Super grateful, thank you sir!
My pleasure! :)
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:58 pm

asdunbar wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:46 pm
I have never posted in a forum like this before, so I'm not even sure I'm posting correctly or just replying to one post... but I really need help with a question, so anyone feel free to direct me as needed.

I completed my biometrics and submitted my docs via he IDV app on 6 October because it seemed like there were never open appointments anywhere.
I called the Home Office on 2 November to get a status update on my decision and was told that they have put in a request for me to be emailed a status update within 10 days.

Reading through this forum, it seems many people who attended an in-person appt received decisions quickly. Should I try to book an in-person appt? And how are people able to book appts? It seems like there never are any on the Sopra Steria website!!

Thanks for your help.
Dual submissions are now not allowed/encouraged. Check the flash message at the top of the UKVCAS home page for more detail. All you can/need to do now is sit tight and wait, unfortunately.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:59 pm

asdunbar wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:46 pm

Thanks for your help.
No. As long you have submitted your application via IDV app, your application is complete. Do not book a dual submission appointment as it will be cancelled by UKVCAS. Read the guidance:
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

PS: Overtaken by @Ajitu92;)
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Hsrsham1211
Newly Registered
India

Post by Hsrsham1211 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:24 pm

Adam17 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:08 pm
Hsrsham1211 wrote:
[
All
IDV only Set(0) applications ARE being processed. Just got my approval mail from atlas for sept 23 biometrics via IDV submission. Will shortly update timeline
Meanwhile will now be cancelling my in person appointment (free) in Croydon next week. The slot should open up, anyone on this forum please book if required on priority
@Hsrsham1211, Congrats mate, did you cancel your appointment already? I am submitting my application tonight, hopefully i can make use of it although i doubt cancelled appointments show up straightaway in the UKVCAS system?
Thanks. Yes, I did cancel it at 5pm gmt. Did not get cancellation mail from UKVCAS but now appointment does not reflect in my UKVCAS account

Hsrsham1211
Newly Registered
India

Post by Hsrsham1211 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:27 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:59 pm
Congrats!! @Hsrsham1211
Thanks Cullinan. Saved a fortune by not booking an expensive dual submission appointment thanks to your advice. Will update my brp receipt details and hopefully move to the bc forum. Reach out if any other details required

Adam17

Post by Adam17 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:33 pm

Hsrsham1211 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:24 pm
Adam17 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:08 pm
Hsrsham1211 wrote:
[
All
Thanks. Yes, I did cancel it at 5pm gmt. Did not get cancellation mail from UKVCAS but now appointment does not reflect in my UKVCAS account
Thanks buddy, my brp was issued on 3 Dec 2015, i'm puzzled if 5yrs-28days is today or tomorrow, so not sure if i can apply today or after 12am. :s would be nice if can get an appointment next week, anyways thanks for letting me know, and good luck with the BC journey!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:36 pm

You qualify from 5th Nov. Best to apply after 12AM tonight so its 6th Nov.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Adam17

Post by Adam17 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:37 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:36 pm
You qualify from 5th Nov. Best to apply after 12AM tonight to its 6th Nov.
That's exactly what i am thinking, thanks for the extra assurance buddy!

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:58 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:50 pm
@klownking - As per my last message, the article was published on 22nd May. They've had quite some time since then, so the situation may be different now.
But, we have had decisions for applicants only done via IDV app right ? else it might explain why I hv not got the decisions for what is a straightforward application (in my view) after 2 months of IDV submission (no dual).

also just to confirm all HO correspondence if any comes via the UKVACS registered email right ?

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:01 pm

n8net wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:58 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:50 pm
@klownking - As per my last message, the article was published on 22nd May. They've had quite some time since then, so the situation may be different now.
But, we have had decisions for applicants only done via IDV app right ? else it might explain why I hv not got the decisions for what is a straightforward application (in my view) after 2 months of IDV submission (no dual).

also just to confirm all HO correspondence if any comes via the UKVACS registered email right ?
Yes we have. HO/UKVI correspondence comes to the email entered as the "correspondence email" in the application form.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:11 pm

so I think I just need to hang tight and check the email.....nothing for me to do right ..?

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by klownking » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:16 pm

Ohh... God... With the grace of Allah, I have just received an email from HO. My application has been successful... I don't know how to thank you all of you. Thank you very much.

Thanks, Cullinan, Zimba, CR001 and everybody on this forum. I will update my timeline after dinner. Half of you already know my timeline as I was bitching on this forum alot today. Lolxxx.... Thank you All. God bless you.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:19 pm

klownking wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:16 pm
Ohh... God... With the grace of Allah, I have just received an email from HO. My application has been successful... I don't know how to thank you all of you. Thank you very much.

Thanks, Cullinan, Zimba, CR001 and everybody on this forum. I will update my timeline after dinner. Half of you already know my timeline as I was bitching on this forum alot today. Lolxxx.... Thank you All. God bless you.
Congratulations mate! Happy for you! 🎊🎉

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:19 pm

n8net wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:11 pm
so I think I just need to hang tight and check the email.....nothing for me to do right ..?
Correcto!

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by klownking » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:22 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:19 pm
klownking wrote:

Congratulations mate! Happy for you! 🎊🎉
Thank you very much, dude. I appreciate your support.

Emp35

Post by Emp35 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:48 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:01 pm
Emp35 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:44 pm
Lol yes my bad.

Thanks a lot , very clear. The first approval from august was late October right? This could potentially mean from the 16th - the end of august could almost be done within a week and a abit (If things go right), bringing the number of days to just under 50?
No worries.

Yes, that's right, first known approval (for August applicants) was on 24th October. It could be, but that is highly unlikely. It is currently hovering around 85 days and I don't think it will be going too much quicker than that. I would think it might go down to 75 days, but the rate at which things are speeding up is not exponential. More linear if anything.
Ah I see. Yes 85, my maths there was shocking lol. That would make sense. Let’s just hope it gets better

Emp35

Post by Emp35 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:54 pm

klownking wrote:

Congratss man

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by klownking » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:58 pm

Thank you very much.....!!!! I can sleep well now. Also, I should now go for hair transplant..... :mrgreen:

Victor7109
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Victor7109 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:07 pm

Victor7109 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:22 pm
Ameline wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:54 pm
Victor7109 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:37 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:07 pm
Btw all SET(M)’s have an advantage by default for BC. So you will jump queue for BC anyways 😜
That is why SET(M) are not prioritised.
Victor7109 you would definitely win the shortest and best first post in this forum :lol:

We all introduced ourselves giving an idea of when and what we applied/are applying for.

Is that all you want to say mate? :lol:
@Ameline. Sorry if came in unannounced. I am so frustrated with UKVI application process right now.
In case you are wondering of my frustration. I lost my job in June after my application , my Brp expired 31/06/2020, I lost a new job offer in September because i couldn't prove my immigration status, I am still within the processing time of six months and my MP asked me to wait 20 days for a feedback after i summoned the courage to write him. Below are my timeline.

Applied for ILR route: Set M
Type of application: Standard
Date application submitted: 22/06/2020
Payment debited: 22/06/2020
Invitation to use the new UKVCAS IDV app: 28/08/2020
Biometrics using IDV: 28/08/2020
In-Person biometric enrolment: 22/09/2020
Decision letter received: Waiting
BRP card received: Waiting
Update

Decision letter received: 05/11/2020

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the forum and advice some of us to be patient while reading behind the screen. See you at BC forum.

Ameline

Post by Ameline » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:28 pm

@Victor7109 ooooh finally mate. Congratulations 🥳 . Really happy for you. Thanks for the update. Hope BC application will go smoothly for you 🙏

@Klownking congratulations 🎉 that was expected mate but you never know with the HO. Happy for you 😊

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:52 pm

@Klownking
Congrats. Hope the hair transplant goes well :lol:

debrancherenzym

Post by debrancherenzym » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:59 pm

Victor7109 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:07 pm
Victor7109 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:22 pm
Ameline wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:54 pm
Victor7109 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:37 pm

That is why SET(M) are not prioritised.
Victor7109 you would definitely win the shortest and best first post in this forum :lol:

We all introduced ourselves giving an idea of when and what we applied/are applying for.

Is that all you want to say mate? :lol:
@Ameline. Sorry if came in unannounced. I am so frustrated with UKVI application process right now.
In case you are wondering of my frustration. I lost my job in June after my application , my Brp expired 31/06/2020, I lost a new job offer in September because i couldn't prove my immigration status, I am still within the processing time of six months and my MP asked me to wait 20 days for a feedback after i summoned the courage to write him. Below are my timeline.

Decision letter received: Waiting
Update

Decision letter received: 05/11/2020

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the forum and advice some of us to be patient while reading behind the screen. See you at BC forum.
Excellent news, congratulations, really happy to see a SET(M) approval.

You have the same application date as me and same date of IDV submission as well, gives me hope.