ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I vary dependent T2 application?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

emmasf
Newly Registered
Mood:
Singapore

Can I vary dependent T2 application?

Post by emmasf » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:36 pm

Dear All,

Please check the following details.

Currently, my BRP card expiration date is 14th, Nov 2020, same as my dependents.

I applied for a T2 extension alone (changed a new job, different sponsor) on 11th/Aug, submit from App on 6th/Sep, still waiting for the decision. I started to work for the new job from 2th/Sep.

For now, It seems unlikely to get it before my current BRP card expired.

My T2 visa start date is 13th/Nov/2015, which means I could apply for ILR once I get the decision and new BRP card. My dependents came to the UK on 5th/Dec/2017, they will meet the requirement Nov/2022.

According to my new cos, my work end date is 1st/Sep/2022. If I apply for my wife and daughter a T2 visa extension as normal before their visa expiry. They will still short for 3 months to apply for their settlement, so we need to apply for another 3 years T2 dependant Visa afterwards.

May I ask if there is an option that I could try the following steps?

1. Apply for my wife and daughter's T2 visa extension till 1st Sep/2022 now, will choose a very later date (still meet the requirement)to attend an appointment.

2. Get my new T2 application decision before their appointment date(hopefully)

3. Apply for my ILR application immediately once I got my BRP card and vary my wife and daughter's application to a 3-years PBS T2 dependant visa. (pay again and get a refund for the first extension?)

All I am trying is to avoid to pay extra 5000 pounds, maybe more expensive in the next 2 two years.

Thanks for all responses and really appreciated it.