ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Irenejg
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Irenejg » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:43 pm

dannyjjj wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:16 pm
Any IDV-only Set Os still waiting here, or am I the only one left? :)
I'm still waiting; August 6 application and Sept 10 IDV submission. I have two theories why it's taking so long for me:
1. Never pressed "submit" on my docs in UKVCAS, so the earliest anyone could have started looking at my case was when I did IDV, and/or
2. For work last year, I submitted about 10 FOI requests to UKVI about visa processing times, and I'm being punished :wink:

dannyjjj
Brazil

Post by dannyjjj » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:05 pm

Irenejg wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:43 pm
dannyjjj wrote:
I'm still waiting; August 6 application and Sept 10 IDV submission. I have two theories why it's taking so long for me:
1. Never pressed "submit" on my docs in UKVCAS, so the earliest anyone could have started looking at my case was when I did IDV, and/or
2. For work last year, I submitted about 10 FOI requests to UKVI about visa processing times, and I'm being punished :wink:
Haha I’ve never submitted any requests or caused any inconvenience but they are punishing me, too :D I guess it’s just what they do :D

Jsm03
Newly Registered

Post by Jsm03 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:28 pm

Hi there,

Quick couple of questions:
I submitted my application (set M) around last week of May but did not submit the documents until IDV app was launched which was mid September, that’s when I uploaded my documents and the photo.

Hope that’s how it was supposed to done ?
I haven’t received any updates on my application, wondering if the 6 months timelines starts from May or September when I uploaded the documents?

Regards & thanks.

lukeh8793
United States of America

Post by lukeh8793 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:31 pm

Irenejg wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:43 pm
dannyjjj wrote:
I am still waiting too - Applied 1 Sep; IDV 21 Sep. A little more hopeful this week since we’ve seen a few IDV only approvals. Seems like they are finally working on the IDV only apps. I hope I’ll get mine in the next 1-2 weeks...

csva00
Newly Registered
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by csva00 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:01 pm

Just received my BRP card today after under a month of attending my biometrics appointment and after 3 days of receiving my decision email!

GL anyone else awaiting their response

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:12 pm

Jsm03 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:28 pm
Hi there,

Quick couple of questions:
I submitted my application (set M) around last week of May but did not submit the documents until IDV app was launched which was mid September, that’s when I uploaded my documents and the photo.

Hope that’s how it was supposed to done ?
I haven’t received any updates on my application, wondering if the 6 months timelines starts from May or September when I uploaded the documents?

Regards & thanks.
Yes you did it right. However, you could have submitted your documents on the 10th July when self-submission was introduced but well no issues. Wait and stay positive.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Ameline

Post by Ameline » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:43 pm

csva00 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:01 pm
Just received my BRP card today after under a month of attending my biometrics appointment and after 3 days of receiving my decision email!

What's your SET route please?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:46 pm

Ameline wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:43 pm
csva00 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:01 pm

What's your SET route please?
OP possibly applied for BRP only and had an ILE vignette (Indefinite Leave to Enter). So a NTL application.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:08 pm

@kittycatkeeb

You mentioned about a UKVI survey received in early Oct. You got decision later in Oct. However, your decision was made on 23rd Sep but forwarded late October.
My understanding is that surveys are usually only sent after a decision is made? Looking at your timeline looks like that also??

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:21 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:08 pm
@kittycatkeeb

You mentioned about a UKVI survey received in early Oct. You got decision later in Oct. However, your decision was made on 23rd Sep but forwarded late October.
My understanding is that surveys are usually only sent after a decision is made? Looking at your timeline looks like that also??
This is my understanding as well and I was wondering the same. Maybe anyone receiving survey emails (related to their application) should try and enquire with/chase HO if they don't receive the decision email.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:36 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:21 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@kittycatkeeb

This is my understanding as well and I was wondering the same. Maybe anyone receiving survey emails (related to their application) should try and enquire with/chase HO if they don't receive the decision email.
Actually I have received the same email but no decision email as yet. See:
british-citizenship/biometrics-appointm ... -1960.html

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:40 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:36 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:21 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@kittycatkeeb

Actually I have received the same email but no decision email as yet. See:
british-citizenship/biometrics-appointm ... -1960.html
Hmmm interesting...try giving them a call/enquiring on Monday, maybe? I know it goes to an outsourced call centre, but maybe they'll be able to notify the right team? (Just speculating here)
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:45 pm

Has any ILR applicant received UKVI surveys? Was it after approval? If before approval.. what was the date on your approval letter?

@kittycatkeeb’s experience makes me wonder a decision is usually made before a survey is sent out.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:48 pm

@Ajitu92
Hmmm interesting...try giving them a call/enquiring on Monday, maybe? I know it goes to an outsourced call centre, but maybe they'll be able to notify the right team? (Just speculating here)
Yup. Useful for ILR applicants to keep an eye too for themselves.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:17 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:48 pm
@Ajitu92
Yup. Useful for ILR applicants to keep an eye too for themselves.
Most definitely! Thank you for sharing and bringing this up again! :)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:21 pm

Doing some research shows these UKVI survey’s are only sent AFTER a decision is made. @Kittycatkeeb’s experience also confirms this plus a number of more experience’s shared on the forum. There are many cases reported where UKVI has failed to push decision emails (both in ILR and BC forum) or they are just not pushed due to technical errors.

When I receive a decision, I will confirm if the decision was made prior to 6th Nov (when I received the survey). That should clarify it more for readers.

aclondon2
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by aclondon2 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:45 pm

Hi everyone!

I applied for ILR Set O (T2G) on Oct 4, biometrics appointment on Oct 21, and still haven't received a decision... I'm quite anxious, seeing that many fellow members here with similar timeline have received their decisions.

Today my solicitor received the following communication from the Home Office. It is not particularly helpful, but I wonder what it might mean. Does this mean my application could be delayed for some reason? Or does it mean that it has just been assigned to a case worker? Has anyone received the same email before?

My case is straightforward as far as my solicitor and I can see, so it is unlikely that they need further information to process. In any case, they did not request additional information.

-----------

"We are emailing you to confirm that your recent Home Office application is still under consideration and we expect to make a decision within 6 months of the date of your application, which is our service standard. If we are unable to process your application within 6 months we will tell you as soon as possible.

Our web page contains further information about our service standards and other information that you may find helpful with regard to your application.

If there is a change in your circumstances, please contact us using this link: https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

You will be notified of the outcome of your application in writing."

mumofmini

Post by mumofmini » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:06 pm

OMG ! we are so happy right now :)
My partner's SET(LR) application is successful :D :D

We have just done our childrens' biometrics (in person appointments today - their MN1 is in progress too) and on our way back from Croydon, we got the decision email. Of all sad things happening this year, some good stuff happened for us this year and we are going to remember this year as major turning point in our lives.

@Zimba, @CR001, @CULLINAN, @ajitu and @Ameline - thanks to all of you for your kind support and help.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by mesn » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:11 pm

aclondon2 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:45 pm
Hi everyone!

I applied for ILR Set O (T2G) on Oct 4, biometrics appointment on Oct 21, and still haven't received a decision... I'm quite anxious, seeing that many fellow members here with similar timeline have received their decisions.

Today my solicitor received the following communication from the Home Office. It is not particularly helpful, but I wonder what it might mean. Does this mean my application could be delayed for some reason? Or does it mean that it has just been assigned to a case worker? Has anyone received the same email before?

My case is straightforward as far as my solicitor and I can see, so it is unlikely that they need further information to process. In any case, they did not request additional information.

-----------

"We are emailing you to confirm that your recent Home Office application is still under consideration and we expect to make a decision within 6 months of the date of your application, which is our service standard. If we are unable to process your application within 6 months we will tell you as soon as possible.

Our web page contains further information about our service standards and other information that you may find helpful with regard to your application.

If there is a change in your circumstances, please contact us using this link: https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

Me and a lot of others have similar timelines to you. I think the email is generic and you can ignore it. Seems like only a minority of applicants have received the approvals. Also, seems like they are load balancing on other categories/IDV. So, be prepared for a couple of months of wait. Anything early would be a bonus.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

butchikMD
Newly Registered

Post by butchikMD » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:27 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:21 pm
Doing some research shows these UKVI survey’s are only sent AFTER a decision is made. @Kittycatkeeb’s experience also confirms this plus a number of more experience’s shared on the forum. There are many cases reported where UKVI has failed to push decision emails (both in ILR and BC forum) or they are just not pushed due to technical errors.

When I receive a decision, I will confirm if the decision was made prior to 6th Nov (when I received the survey). That should clarify it more for readers.
I got the decision email last week and then today I got the survey. Still waiting for the BRP card delivery though...

raghuy
Newly Registered
India

Post by raghuy » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:38 pm

navkant wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:11 pm
aclondon2 wrote:
Hi everyone!

-----------

Me and a lot of others have similar timelines to you. I think the email is generic and you can ignore it. Seems like only a minority of applicants have received the approvals. Also, seems like they are load balancing on other categories/IDV. So, be prepared for a couple of months of wait. Anything early would be a bonus.
Hi

Is everyone receiving delay notification after submitting application / Biometrics?

I have submitted my application on 01 Oct 2020 and in-person Biometrics on 27 Oct 2020. My solicitor has not received any such notification till date.

Do we get delay notification from HO after attending Biometrics or from caseworker when they start looking into application?

Ameline

Post by Ameline » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:39 pm

@mumofmini congratulations 🥳 🎉 what a nice coincidence receiving the email same day as your kids bio appointments. Hope all will go smoothly for your little ones 😊

@aclondon2 this is a standard email. Few people received this response few hours before their approval and few received a similar standard email even after their approval. So just ignore it.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:00 pm

mumofmini wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:06 pm
OMG ! we are so happy right now :)
My partner's SET(LR) application is successful :D :D

We have just done our childrens' biometrics (in person appointments today - their MN1 is in progress too) and on our way back from Croydon, we got the decision email. Of all sad things happening this year, some good stuff happened for us this year and we are going to remember this year as major turning point in our lives.

@Zimba, @CR001, @CULLINAN, @ajitu and @Ameline - thanks to all of you for your kind support and help.
Woohoo! Congratulations! 🎊🎉 You're most welcome, and I know exactly what you mean! :D

JeffWebb
Newly Registered

Post by JeffWebb » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:10 pm

raghuy wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:38 pm
navkant wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:11 pm
aclondon2 wrote:
Hi everyone!

-----------

Hi

Is everyone receiving delay notification after submitting application / Biometrics?

I have submitted my application on 01 Oct 2020 and in-person Biometrics on 27 Oct 2020. My solicitor has not received any such notification till date.

Do we get delay notification from HO after attending Biometrics or from caseworker when they start looking into application?
My wife's biometric data for SET(M) was submitted via the IDV app on 11 Sep (application submitted to UKVI on 4 Sep). So far no delay notification has been received, and a decision email has yet to arrive.

harshitguptaiitr
India

Post by harshitguptaiitr » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:37 pm

harshitguptaiitr wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:37 am
Applied for ILR Route : SET (O) Tier 2 + 1 Dependent
Date application Submitted Online: 30 July
Email for biometric reuse: 05 August
IDV app Invitation: 04 Sept
Document submission and liveliness check via IDV app : 04 Sept
UKVI Delay Notice: 08 Sep
Decision Email received: 03 Nov
BRP Card Received: waiting
Is it possible to know how long would it take to get BRP ?
I have not received any tracking information - is it possible to get that ?
What happens if no one is at home when the delivery takes place ?

Sorry for so many questions... :|
Can someone please advise on above post regarding BRP ?
Please DO NOT send me a Private Message for immigration advice.

My responses are not a substitute for professional legal advice. My response does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor is it a solicitation to offer legal advice.