ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does immigration history in other countries have any bearing on ILR decision?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aclondon2
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Does immigration history in other countries have any bearing on ILR decision?

Post by aclondon2 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:27 pm

Hi everyone,

I am waiting for my ILR (Set O) decision (Oct 4 submission, Oct 21 biometrics). It's taking a bit longer than I expected, after reading previous timelines on the forum.

Meanwhile, I am wondering if immigration history in other countries play any role in ILR decisions? Reading the requirements for ILR from Tier 2, I could not find any reference consideration of immigration history in other countries. Of course on the application form, there is that question "Have you ever been refused visa for any country?", which is a No for me. The only hiccup I previously had in the US was a denial of extension of an employment authorization application (not a visa) due to late submission. I disclosed this in the ILR app cover letter. I am now worried if Home Office could somehow see it unfavourably and that could be the reason why my application is taking longer?

Your perspective is appreciated. Thanks!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Does immigration history in other countries have any bearing on ILR decision?

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:31 pm

No issue provided you disclose all applications truthfully.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

aclondon2
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Re: Does immigration history in other countries have any bearing on ILR decision?

Post by aclondon2 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:42 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:31 pm
Thanks sealgul for your perspective.

I did disclose it in the cover letter. My solicitor actually said there was no need to disclose anything more than what the form asked, because it doesn't add anything to the application. But I insisted to disclose it just in case, so that HO can't say that I have withheld any material information. Now I wonder if I've created a problem for myself, by turning a straightforward case into something more complex, if HO decides to look further into the immigration history in the US.

Is there any precedent we know of, where HO does look into immigration history elsewhere?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:43 pm

You are overthinking!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:48 pm

aclondon2 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:42 pm
seagul wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:31 pm
Thanks sealgul for your perspective.

I did disclose it in the cover letter. My solicitor actually said there was no need to disclose anything more than what the form asked, because it doesn't add anything to the application.
You seems more sensible than your solicitor.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

aclondon2
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by aclondon2 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:58 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:43 pm
You are overthinking!!
I guess I am :( , just couldn't shake the worry while the agonising wait continues...