ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:29 pm

ukvisat2 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:28 pm
I was wondering if someone could confirm when is the earliest free UKVCAS appointment in Manchester. Thank you.
UKVCAS is running at a 28 day lag unless there are any cancellations and you get lucky. Earliest would be around 3rd Dec.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

expat2019
Newly Registered

Post by expat2019 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:13 pm

I submitted my application and uploaded supporting documents.
I went to book biometrics and turned out that all in my area are already booked out.

The website says that they work at lower capacity.

How much time do I have to do biometrics?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:23 am

expat2019 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:13 pm
I submitted my application and uploaded supporting documents.
I went to book biometrics and turned out that all in my area are already booked out.

The website says that they work at lower capacity.

How much time do I have to do biometrics?
Check different postcodes and locations especially after 12AM GMT when new date is released every day. You have 45 working days to submit biometrics from date of application.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:27 am

UKVCAS Service Point Status update 5/11,
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=56249
URGENT NEWS: Newcastle City Library Service Point is temporarily closed from 5 – 9 November 2020.

We are contacting everyone with appointments during these dates. Before travelling, check your UKVCAS account, registered email and voice mail in case your appointment has been moved to a new date.

expat2019
Newly Registered

Post by expat2019 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:17 am

There was a couple of appointments available in the morning.
I was able to book a paid one.
Probably the free ones had gone straight after midnight.
So yeah I confirm they add in new appointments everyday.
Thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:13 pm

I applied on 22nd June and have NOT yet received any decision email. However, just now i received a UKVI survey email:
UK Visas and Immigration would like to ask for your feedback in a short online survey. The aim of this survey is to find out how well we met your needs and how we can improve in the future.
Normally this survey comes through AFTER the decision. Does any one else had the same experience?

Xdee
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Xdee » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:20 pm

I have received a survey email as well but no approval :roll:

Xdee
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Xdee » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:20 pm

Alisaa
Iran

Post by Alisaa » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:28 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:13 pm
I applied on 22nd June and have NOT yet received any decision email. However, just now i received a UKVI survey email:
UK Visas and Immigration would like to ask for your feedback in a short online survey. The aim of this survey is to find out how well we met your needs and how we can improve in the future.
Normally this survey comes through AFTER the decision. Does any one else had the same experience?
I have not hear anything back from them. I had such a this email after I have submitted my documents and facial via IDV.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:17 pm

Doing some more research looks like surveys are only sent after a decision is made.
Having received a decision on their application, customers will be invited to complete a 10 minute online questionnaire covering elements of our service including :
Now only God knows if a decision is made or not! I do not trust this UKVI email system as sometimes the decision letters are not pushed through. Will have to wait and see!!

@Alissa: Did you also receive the survey email??

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:08 pm

Xdee wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:20 pm
When did you receive it?

Xdee
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Xdee » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:31 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:08 pm
Xdee wrote:
When did you receive it?
around noon today. same time as you i guess.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:31 pm

Xdee wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:31 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Xdee wrote:
When did you receive it?
When did you apply?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:40 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Xdee wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
Xdee wrote:
When did you receive it?
When did you apply?
I can see you applied on 16th Sep. Please keep us updated when you get a decision email. Also, please let us know if the date on decision letter was prior to 6th Nov or not. Ill do the same.

srsw

Post by srsw » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:33 pm

Xdee wrote:
I hope you checked your spam & deleted mails folder just in case.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:36 pm

srsw wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:33 pm
Xdee wrote:
At least I did lol.

srsw

Post by srsw » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:48 pm

At least I did lol.
Lol.. You never know. The number of emails I get from this forum and I tend to delete them at the notification window (as the website is always on my browser so I click on notifications), but I do worry that I may accidentally delete ukvi emails when they arrive 😂. I'm going to switch off immi board forum email notifications once I submit my ILR application & just rely on website notifications.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:50 pm

srsw wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:48 pm

At least I did lol.
Lol.. You never know. The number of emails I get from this forum and I tend to delete them at the notification window (as the website is always on my browser so I click on notifications), but I do worry that I may accidentally delete ukvi emails when they arrive 😂. I'm going to switch off immi board forum email notifications once I submit my ILR application & just rely on website notifications.
Haha, yes I had to do the same to switch off email notifications from the board.

Seems like the survey is only sent after a decision is made. I will email HO next week to check though.

JohnnyC
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brunei

Post by JohnnyC » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:42 pm

Hi everyone,

Situation: Received an online letter from UKVCAS as a reminder to enrol my biometrics with UKVCAS and asking me to book an appointment. I have uploaded documents through the IDV app 3 weeks ago! Did everyone receive this email too after uploading through IDV app?

Background:
I applied for my naturalisation on 15/09/20 and got invited to use the IDV app. I did the ID verification app and uploaded relevant documents on 11/10/20. I haven't heard anything from UKVCAS until this morning, I received an online letter reminding me to book an appointment with UKVCAS to enrol my biometrics! I called UKVCAS about this and they said it's a generic letter, just ignore it because in their system - they have seen that I have submitted my documents. I just want to be sure that someone also had this problem?

Here's what is written in the letter:
Please find attached a reminder letter to enrol your biometrics through UKVCAS.

In order to continue your application, you will need to log back into your account following the instructions below.

If you have been contacted by UKVCAS regarding IDV upload, please disregard this email.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:00 am

JohnnyC wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:42 pm
Hi everyone,

Situation: Received an online letter from UKVCAS as a reminder to enrol my biometrics with UKVCAS and asking me to book an appointment. I have uploaded documents through the IDV app 3 weeks ago! Did everyone receive this email too after uploading through IDV app?

Background:
I applied for my naturalisation on 15/09/20 and got invited to use the IDV app. I did the ID verification app and uploaded relevant documents on 11/10/20. I haven't heard anything from UKVCAS until this morning, I received an online letter reminding me to book an appointment with UKVCAS to enrol my biometrics! I called UKVCAS about this and they said it's a generic letter, just ignore it because in their system - they have seen that I have submitted my documents. I just want to be sure that someone also had this problem?

Here's what is written in the letter:
Please find attached a reminder letter to enrol your biometrics through UKVCAS.

In order to continue your application, you will need to log back into your account following the instructions below.

If you have been contacted by UKVCAS regarding IDV upload, please disregard this email.
Read page 94 onwards.

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:25 am

Baba_Ge wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:07 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:37 pm
Baba_Ge wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:34 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:40 pm
Congrats Baba Gee!!
Thank you!
That was my suggestion to CULLINAN over a month ago. Sometimes poking them will make them finish it off quickly. I know decision have been made but it goes to last step and someone just sits on it forever. Good luck tho CULLINAN
Drop ‘em an email and you would also hear good news soon, إِنْ شَاءَ اَللَّه
Thank you. InshaAllah.
I think dropping an email does not work for all. Plus the standard is 6 months. My 6 months will be over on 22nd Dec. I know HO does not provide an update before 6 months are over.
However, it maybe a coincidence that applicants who emailed HO got their decisions after that.
Which email address you used btw?
Yeah, it could be the coincidence! OR poking them may have lead them to look at the file and if the decision has already bee made, may be they just need to press one final button to trigger the response etc - you never know how bizarre some IT systems are :)

I sent the status check email to FurtherNationalityEnquiries@HomeOffice.gsi.gov.uk

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:05 am

All, I have been a little quiet observing the thread. It seems people are struggling to find appointments, let alone book them. If these are difficult to come by, why does HO/UKVCAS continuously send emails for people to book and attend appointments in 2months? Surely it should be free rein and not limited. The pandemic hasn't vanish and it's still very much with us delaying things further. Is that not the right thing for HO to do, remove the limitation or bring back IDV?

Aragon1

Post by Aragon1 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:07 am

JohnnyC wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:42 pm
<snip>
This is interesting. The email we got last week didn't include this line.

@CULLINAN: Do you know of any way of officially confirming the validity of these emails from UKVI? Can an email to FurtherNationalityEnquiries@HomeOffice.gsi.gov.uk help?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:47 am

You can try but you rarely get a response in many weeks or none.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:48 am

Ritchie12 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:05 am
All, I have been a little quiet observing the thread. It seems people are struggling to find appointments, let alone book them. If these are difficult to come by, why does HO/UKVCAS continuously send emails for people to book and attend appointments in 2months? Surely it should be free rein and not limited. The pandemic hasn't vanish and it's still very much with us delaying things further. Is that not the right thing for HO to do, remove the limitation or bring back IDV?
Every day new appointments are released. Applicants are able to get appointments in 28 days, far before the 2 month deadline.