ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I quit my job?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

dreamray
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Can I quit my job?

Post by dreamray » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:35 pm

Hello,

My boyfriend and I are on the cusp of sending an application for the finance visa for him to join me in the UK.

I've a couple of questions..

1) His country isn't currently running the english test. This would mean him having to travel to another country on a bus/ train which in the current Covid-19 climate is such a risk, especially as he cares for 3 elderly relatives. Do you know whether him not doing the test would result in him not getting accepted?

2) I've been in the same job for just over 6 months, earning over the minimum required salary. The problem is, I am utterly miserable. The environment has become incredibly toxic and my mental health is really suffering as a result. I've been trying to hang on for this visa because it feels like our only option to be together in the UK.. but I can't do another 3 months. My question is, will me leaving this position and taking a role that is a temporary one (Christmas temp) affect the application? There might also be a small gap between jobs.

This is all starting to feel so unreachable. Is there any other way for 2 people who've been in a relationship for 4 years to simply be able to live together in my house which I own in the UK?

Looking forward to some much-needed advise. Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can I quit my job?

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:07 pm

1. If he doesn't submit an English test from an ukvi approved test centre, his visa will be refused. It is a mandatory requirement, not an optional one.

2. Possible yes it will affect the outcome of the application.

3. Without having the appropriate visa to live in the UK, no.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mallu_Desi
United Kingdom

Post by Mallu_Desi » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:36 pm

dreamray wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:35 pm
Hello,

My boyfriend and I are on the cusp of sending an application for the finance visa for him to join me in the UK.

I've a couple of questions..

1) His country isn't currently running the english test. This would mean him having to travel to another country on a bus/ train which in the current Covid-19 climate is such a risk, especially as he cares for 3 elderly relatives. Do you know whether him not doing the test would result in him not getting accepted?

If he has a degree certificate you can compare it with UK qualification through NARIC. That will be enough to meet the English requirement.
Last edited by Mallu_Desi on Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dreamray
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dreamray » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:05 pm

Hi all,

So, I've left the job. I had to, it was making me ill will stress. I'll start a Christmas temp job next week which is an hourly wage and will equate to higher earnings than the job I've left. I'm confident I'll line something up in the new year. My partner and I will likely marry abroad next year and then apply for the spouse Visa. What are my options re. salary requirements? Can someone please explain to me the salary allowances when it hasnt come from one consistent employer/ salary?

Thank you so much!

firestar786
United Kingdom

Post by firestar786 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:15 pm

Hi,

as far as I am aware you need a solid 6 months payslips.
if you have had no breaks inbetween jobs with 2 or whatever jobs then it should be fine providing you meet the £9300 threshold.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:50 pm

dreamray wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:05 pm
Hi all,

So, I've left the job. I had to, it was making me ill will stress. I'll start a Christmas temp job next week which is an hourly wage and will equate to higher earnings than the job I've left. I'm confident I'll line something up in the new year. My partner and I will likely marry abroad next year and then apply for the spouse Visa. What are my options re. salary requirements? Can someone please explain to me the salary allowances when it hasnt come from one consistent employer/ salary?

Thank you so much!
If you have left the job then will have to apply under category B by supplying the 12 months of payslips & bank statements.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

dreamray
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dreamray » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:31 am

[/quote]

If you have left the job then will have to apply under category B by supplying the 12 months of payslips & bank statements.
[/quote]

Hello,

OK, great, this is good. I've read about this. So My 12 months of income will need to equate to a minimum average of £18,600? And this having been through 3 different jobs won't work against me? I also have a little self-employed income that I could include if needed/ allowed.

So looking forward to being able to finally move forward with this.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:38 am

dreamray wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:31 am
[/quote]

Hello,

OK, great, this is good. I've read about this. So My 12 months of income will need to equate to a minimum average of £18,600? And this having been through 3 different jobs won't work against me? I also have a little self-employed income that I could include if needed/ allowed. Using self employed income can make things complicated as more extensive documentation and information are required.

So looking forward to being able to finally move forward with this.
[/quote]

Keep it simple by using employment income. Provide more information so that the mods and gurus here can provide the needed guidance.

dreamray
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dreamray » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:48 am

OK, thank you. All advise much appreciated.

I earned a salary of £20,000 for 4 months, increasing to £22,000 for 3 months (same employer). I'll be starting work end of next week as Christmas temp on an hourly rate equating to a £1872 per month before tax, not including overtime. This position will last 2 months. I'm looking to secure something in solid January with a salary over the £18,600.

There may well be some gaps between employment, but if all PAYE monies earned over the 12 month period, at the time of applying, average at a yearly salary of £18,600, am I right in thinking we will meet the financial requirement?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:52 pm

dreamray wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:48 am
OK, thank you. All advise much appreciated.

I earned a salary of £20,000 for 4 months, increasing to £22,000 for 3 months (same employer). I'll be starting work end of next week as Christmas temp on an hourly rate equating to a £1872 per month before tax, not including overtime. This position will last 2 months. I'm looking to secure something in solid January with a salary over the £18,600.

There may well be some gaps between employment, but if all PAYE monies earned over the 12 month period, at the time of applying, average at a yearly salary of £18,600, am I right in thinking we will meet the financial requirement?
Under category B, the aggregation from all jobs can be used. There are few examples about it in official guidance which will help you in planning.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... a8VCfDfJBU
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

dreamray
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Visa refusal

Post by dreamray » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:41 pm

Hello,

My partner and I applied for a tourist visa so that we could spend Christmas together and it has been refused.

The grounds that they have given are wrong. I said I would sponsor the trip, I would cover all fees and supplied plenty of supporting evidence showing home ownerships, job contract, wage slips, 4.5k savings. My partner provides evidence that he has 2k euros in his account and we could use it if absolutely necessary. They've given 2 reasons for rejecting. 1) That I said I would contribute 1.5k and that my partner would contribute 1.5k, that my partner has -86 euros in his account. None of this is right. I said that 1.5k would easily cover the entire trip - easily, and listed every single thing we planned to do - mostly just spending time together. 2) They didn't believe my partner would leave at the end of the trip. We provided evidence of long term employment, inc. a signed letter from the employer breaking down the use of his annual leave for the trip.

Literally, would more can we do? This is wrong. We are hanging on by a thread, the worst year of our lives and we can't even see each other for a 6 week holiday. Seriously, what am I supposed to do. The letter and information has been incorrectly interpreted in order for the visa to be refused and we cannot speak to anyone about it?

Please can someone help, I'm truly at a loss.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Visa refusal

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:16 pm

dreamray wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:41 pm
Hello,

My partner and I applied for a tourist visa so that we could spend Christmas together and it has been refused.

The grounds that they have given are wrong. I said I would sponsor the trip, I would cover all fees and supplied plenty of supporting evidence showing home ownerships, job contract, wage slips, 4.5k savings. My partner provides evidence that he has 2k euros in his account and we could use it if absolutely necessary. They've given 2 reasons for rejecting. 1) That I said I would contribute 1.5k and that my partner would contribute 1.5k, that my partner has -86 euros in his account. None of this is right. I said that 1.5k would easily cover the entire trip - easily, and listed every single thing we planned to do - mostly just spending time together. 2) They didn't believe my partner would leave at the end of the trip. We provided evidence of long term employment, inc. a signed letter from the employer breaking down the use of his annual leave for the trip.

Literally, would more can we do? This is wrong. We are hanging on by a thread, the worst year of our lives and we can't even see each other for a 6 week holiday. Seriously, what am I supposed to do. The letter and information has been incorrectly interpreted in order for the visa to be refused and we cannot speak to anyone about it?

Please can someone help, I'm truly at a loss.
dreamray wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:35 pm
Hello,

Around a month ago you were about to apply fiancee visa, so perhaps at last minute you might have changed your mind by applying the tourist visa extemporaneously that lead to refusal.

dreamray
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dreamray » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:22 pm

Yes, circumstances changed, we didnt want to wait 3 months to see each other (priority visa not accepted due to covid) so we reverted to visitor visa so we could spend some time together over Christmas. Why should this cause a rejection? It wasn't listed as a reason.