ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hamza167
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by Hamza167 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:32 pm

JohnnyC wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:42 pm
Hi everyone,

Situation: Received an online letter from UKVCAS as a reminder to enrol my biometrics with UKVCAS and asking me to book an appointment. I have uploaded documents through the IDV app 3 weeks ago! Did everyone receive this email too after uploading through IDV app?

Background:
I applied for my naturalisation on 15/09/20 and got invited to use the IDV app. I did the ID verification app and uploaded relevant documents on 11/10/20. I haven't heard anything from UKVCAS until this morning, I received an online letter reminding me to book an appointment with UKVCAS to enrol my biometrics! I called UKVCAS about this and they said it's a generic letter, just ignore it because in their system - they have seen that I have submitted my documents. I just want to be sure that someone also had this problem?

Here's what is written in the letter:
Please find attached a reminder letter to enrol your biometrics through UKVCAS.

In order to continue your application, you will need to log back into your account following the instructions below.

If you have been contacted by UKVCAS regarding IDV upload, please disregard this email.

Hi Johnny and Other Senior Members,

I have received the same email as you on 05/11/2020 for enrolment of Biometrics of my Kids under 18 years old. I received the IDV APP invitation on 23/09/2020.
I also uploaded documents and photo through IDV App on 24/09/2020 of all my kids and spouse.
Though in the letter it is written to ignore if the documents and photos uploaded through IDV APP.
I have replied on 06/11/2020 by email that I have uploaded through IDV APP on 24/09/2020. (replied to the email address from which I have received the email.)

Can any senior member and Johnny give some input and suggest if there is anything else I need to do or just wait patiently.

Appreciate your support and cooperation.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:38 pm

Regarding biometrics reminder for kids, I have already given my opinion on page 94. It is up to the applicants what they want to follow though.

british-citizenship/biometrics-appointm ... -1860.html

The only concern is why this reminder only sent for kids applying for BC? Why not this reminder is issued for kids applying for ILR as none is reported so far? Also why only kids?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

aseef935
Pakistan

Post by aseef935 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:22 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:17 pm
Doing some more research looks like surveys are only sent after a decision is made.
Having received a decision on their application, customers will be invited to complete a 10 minute online questionnaire covering elements of our service including :
Now only God knows if a decision is made or not! I do not trust this UKVI email system as sometimes the decision letters are not pushed through. Will have to wait and see!!

@Alissa: Did you also receive the survey email??
One of my friend applied on 22nd of June, and she received the servey as well but didn’t receive her decision yet!
I applied on 9th of June and didn’t receive anything,

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:35 pm

aseef935 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:22 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Doing some more research looks like surveys are only sent after a decision is made.
Having received a decision on their application, customers will be invited to complete a 10 minute online questionnaire covering elements of our service including :
Now only God knows if a decision is made or not! I do not trust this UKVI email system as sometimes the decision letters are not pushed through. Will have to wait and see!!

One of my friend applied on 22nd of June, and she received the servey as well but didn’t receive her decision yet!
Thank you for the update. If I do not hear back by next week, I will most likely send HO an email to double check. The only concern is, many applicants have reported receiving decisions only after they made an enquiry; their decisions were made way prior to actually being pushed through. Time will solve the mystery.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Peg_uk
Newly Registered

Post by Peg_uk » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:47 am

Hi all,

My husband and I submitted online application on 6th June for naturalisation, received the survey email on 25th August, and invitation for IDV submission on 1st Sep. We submitted documnets through IDV on 1st September and have not heard anything since then. I sent an email to HO on 30th Oct which was never answered.

I can see in the forum that many of you who applied much later than we did, have got your approvals. May I ask for more timelines and the types of visas and application routes to see if I should poke them any further?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:57 am

Peg_uk wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:47 am
Hi all,

My husband and I submitted online application on 6th June for naturalisation, received the survey email on 25th August, and invitation for IDV submission on 1st Sep. We submitted documnets through IDV on 1st September and have not heard anything since then. I sent an email to HO on 30th Oct which was never answered.

I can see in the forum that many of you who applied much later than we did, have got your approvals. May I ask for more timelines and the types of visas and application routes to see if I should poke them any further?

Thanks.
We don't need this topic, for biometric appointment and delay queries, to become a timeline thread.

There is a timeline thread you can look at to see people's routes. No questions to be posted in the timeline threads please, they will be removed.

british-citizenship/naturalisation-appl ... l#p1958214

Your route to citizenship is generally irrelevant on how long naturalisation decision could take, which could be 6 months and often longer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Peg_uk
Newly Registered

Post by Peg_uk » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:30 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:57 am
Peg_uk wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:47 am
Hi all,

Thanks.
We don't need this topic, for biometric appointment and delay queries, to become a timeline thread.

There is a timeline thread you can look at to see people's routes. No questions to be posted in the timeline threads please, they will be removed.

british-citizenship/naturalisation-appl ... l#p1958214

Your route to citizenship is generally irrelevant on how long naturalisation decision could take, which could be 6 months and often longer.
Thanks for the link. Exactly what I was looking for. Hadnt realised there is another thread like that.

I see that some people on that thread called home office to get an update. Does anyone here have any telephone numbers I can try?

Mahmsab
Newly Registered

Post by Mahmsab » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:37 pm

Hope someone can help me here
Paid and submitted application for myself and my family : wife and 2 kids on 5 September 2020

Got invited to use the UKVCAS IDV app on 17 September ( my understanding was as long as I got invited we will not need a biometric appointment ?! )

Used the app to upload all documents and verify my face ..etc on 24 September

On 1 November , I got a reminder from home office with 3 attachment letters for my wife and 2 kids to book a biometric appointment within 45 days !!

On same day Nov 1st I logged to UKVCAS and booked an appointment for 28 Nov for all of us ! Where I can now see all my documents are already uploaded ?!

Questions :
1- is this true that if you get to use the app that mean you shouldn't not need an appointment ?
2- why the home office reminder email didn't include a letter for me , could.this be in error ?
3- could the appointment be required for my family members but not me ?
4- do I need to worry about anything untill or during the appointment day on 28/11 ?

Thank you all

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:04 pm

Mahmsab wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:37 pm
Hope someone can help me here
Paid and submitted application for myself and my family : wife and 2 kids on 5 September 2020

Got invited to use the UKVCAS IDV app on 17 September ( my understanding was as long as I got invited we will not need a biometric appointment ?! )

Used the app to upload all documents and verify my face ..etc on 24 September

On 1 November , I got a reminder from home office with 3 attachment letters for my wife and 2 kids to book a biometric appointment within 45 days !!

On same day Nov 1st I logged to UKVCAS and booked an appointment for 28 Nov for all of us ! Where I can now see all my documents are already uploaded ?!

Questions :
1- is this true that if you get to use the app that mean you shouldn't not need an appointment ?
2- why the home office reminder email didn't include a letter for me , could.this be in error ?
3- could the appointment be required for my family members but not me ?
4- do I need to worry about anything untill or during the appointment day on 28/11 ?

Thank you all
Read Page 94-96 and onwards.

Xdee
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Xdee » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:04 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:40 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:31 pm
Xdee wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:31 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:08 pm

When did you receive it?
around noon today. same time as you i guess.
When did you apply?
I can see you applied on 16th Sep. Please keep us updated when you get a decision email. Also, please let us know if the date on decision letter was prior to 6th Nov or not. Ill do the same.
I applied on 6 the September ,IDV submission was September 18th. No decision emails yet (even in spam) but will let you know when i receive it.

aqsamubarak
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by aqsamubarak » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:56 pm

Hi,

I applied for Naturalisation in June and was later asked to use the IDV app which I did. I have now recieved an email from HO asking me to submit passport (first page) via the website. Although the passport was submitted, I am not taking any chances and have rescanned at a better resolution and uploaded to UKVCAS account. The problem is that I can see the new upload but there is no button for 'submit'. All my other uploads have 'submitted' status. Does any one know how to submit additional documents

Regards
Aqsa

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:59 pm

aqsamubarak wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:56 pm
Hi,

I applied for Naturalisation in June and was later asked to use the IDV app which I did. I have now recieved an email from HO asking me to submit passport (first page) via the website. Although the passport was submitted, I am not taking any chances and have rescanned at a better resolution and uploaded to UKVCAS account. The problem is that I can see the new upload but there is no button for 'submit'. All my other uploads have 'submitted' status. Does any one know how to submit additional documents

Regards
Aqsa
Not sure why the email asks you to submit via the UKVCAS website. You are right to say that you can not submit any more documents via the UKVCAS website now unless you book and attend a biometrics appointment again. Best is to reply to the same email and ask for clarification in case you need to attend the biometrics in person to submit the passport copy. In the meanwhile send the passport copy via the same email until a clarification is provided.

Is that a CW specific email address??

tezzaaa
Newly Registered
France

Post by tezzaaa » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:04 pm

Hi, I have a question about the biometric appointment please. Can someone confirm how long the appointments usually take? i live 15mn from where i have to go in a couple of weeks and i'm hesitating if I should take the day off (my appointment is at 12.30 so I was hoping to make it in an extended lunch break...), if someone could pse confirm it would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Best Wishes

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:23 pm

tezzaaa wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:04 pm
Hi, I have a question about the biometric appointment please. Can someone confirm how long the appointments usually take? i live 15mn from where i have to go in a couple of weeks and i'm hesitating if I should take the day off (my appointment is at 12.30 so I was hoping to make it in an extended lunch break...), if someone could pse confirm it would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Best Wishes
Given you have uploaded all your documents and self-submitted & if UKVCAS is running on schedule, they will only admit you in on time, your appointment should be done in 15-30 min. However, to be on the safe side you should keep at least 1 hour margin.

tezzaaa
Newly Registered
France

Post by tezzaaa » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:38 pm

many thanks for your help :)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:40 pm

tezzaaa wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:38 pm
many thanks for your help :)
If your appointment is at 1230, reach at 1220 only (due to corona they will admit you just on time only), you should be done by 1pm.

Fivem
Egypt

Post by Fivem » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:13 am

aseef935 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:22 pm
CULLINAN wrote:

Hi, I received same survey two weeks after I applied for naturalization , but I thought this survey is for my ilr which I got it two months ago.

shoaibrehman

Post by shoaibrehman » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:50 am

Hi all,

My biometrics appointment is today at Luton service centre so a couple of questions:

1. I've already uploaded and submitted my documents online so do I need to take the same documents along for the staff to verify?
2. Has anyone attend an appointed since the second lockdown? How was the experience? Were there any delays?

Thanks

Alakazam

Post by Alakazam » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:15 am

Hi all

I've just got home after my appointment for Naturalisation. It was at Lansdowne Road at 8am.

No delays. Same as last time for ILR appointment. Just took photo, finger prints and signature.

The lady at the counter asked that I haven't uploaded any documents for proof of living in the UK. I explained that the immigration stamps on my non-EEA passport are the proof of living in the UK. She said that I will be contacted if the Home Office need more documentary evidence of proof of living. I asked what documents will serve this purpose. She said P60s or letter from employer or council tax bill.

Not sure whether these documents are actually needed. But for those who wants peace of mind, better to upload on to UKVCAS.

I am going to try and see if I can upload these onto UKVCAS even though my appointment was completed a few hours earlier this morning.

The upload buttons are still available on the UKVCAS document upload portal. Not sure whether I will be able to submit. Hopefully, I won't confuse the system and cause further delays by submitting docs after the appointment.

Thanks
Alakazam

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:17 am

@Alakazam
No need to upload. You can not submit now anyways. UKVCAS staff is not trained in immigration matters. All you need is passport(s) stamps as you are non-EU.
Last edited by CULLINAN on Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

aqsamubarak
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by aqsamubarak » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:17 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:59 pm
aqsamubarak wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:56 pm
Hi,

Regards
Aqsa
Not sure why the email asks you to submit via the UKVCAS website. You are right to say that you can not submit any more documents via the UKVCAS website now unless you book and attend a biometrics appointment again. Best is to reply to the same email and ask for clarification in case you need to attend the biometrics in person to submit the passport copy. In the meanwhile send the passport copy via the same email until a clarification is provided.

Is that a CW specific email address??

Hi Cullinan,

The email address HO used is NationalityFrontEndTechnicalSpecialists@homeoffice.gov.uk

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:19 am

@aqsamubarak
Just reply to the same email and follow as stated previously.

Lin87
Newly Registered

Post by Lin87 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:22 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:08 pm
Xdee wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:20 pm
I have received a survey email as well but no approval :roll:
When did you receive it?
I received a mail approval but no survey email. I applied 22 June, IDV submitted 28 Aug, Approval:04 Nov. I sent an email to furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk on the 04 Nov to ask for an update and if it was TRUE what the UKVCAS said in their flash update about UKVI dealing with the application in chronological order. Might have been just a coincidence that the day I sent the email, they sent me the approval letter by post. Good luck to all that are still waiting for their decisions.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:34 pm

Lin87 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:22 pm
they sent me the approval letter by post.
Thanks for the update. I have exactly similar timeline as yours as I applied on 22nd June also. Good to know that approval letters can come in post also.

Goldfinger1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Goldfinger1 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:53 pm

Congratulations, did your approval letter come with a ceremony certificate?