ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UAN from pre-settled to settled NON-EU family member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Apex99
Newly Registered
Columbia

UAN from pre-settled to settled NON-EU family member

Post by Apex99 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:27 pm

Dear all,

I am a non-EU family member on a EU national.
My EU family member (spouse) applied for the EUSS and she was granted pre-settled status.

She is now elegible for Settled status as she has been continously living in the UK for more than 5 years. My question is:

When she starts the new application for Settled Status, will she be given a different UAN than the one she got when she was granted pre-settled? Or will the UAN be the same?

Thank you

kamoe

Re: UAN from pre-settled to settled NON-EU family member

Post by kamoe » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:07 pm

Apex99 wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:27 pm
When she starts the new application for Settled Status, will she be given a different UAN than the one she got when she was granted pre-settled? Or will the UAN be the same?
If by UAN you mean application number, then my guess is that it will be different, since I believe this refers to the application itself, not the person (document numbers identify people, application numbers identify applications), so chances are it would be a different thing. Keep in mind this is only my guess after having applied once each for my EU partner and myself.

The key question here is, why do you ask??? What are you trying to do?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Apex99
Newly Registered
Columbia

Post by Apex99 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:21 pm

Thank you for your reply.

The reason I am asking is because I separated from my EU spouse a few years ago. We are still married though and soon we will have 5 years of marriage. Time in which I will be able to change my status from pre-settled to settled status.

The PROBLEM is, I will be asked for her UAN as soon as I start my new application for settled status BUT I only have the number she's given to me a year ago when she got her pre-settled status herself. And I suspect that soon she will apply for Settled Status as she is now eligible. (Sadly, we lost contact, so can't ask her)

My worry is that they won't accept the UAN number linked to her pre-settled status as she would've already applied for Settled Status, hence getting a complete different number.

I hope it makes sense, it is a bit confusing I know :|

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:24 pm

Apex99 wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:21 pm
The PROBLEM is, I will be asked for her UAN as soon as I start my new application for settled status
Are you sure? I have the understanding that although it is recommended that non-EU family members apply after their EU family member has applied (using their application number to link the two applications), this is not mandatory. So it could actually be possible for you to apply without having her new UAN.

Now, obviously, the quickest and easiest way would be for you to get in touch with your spouse, if at all possible, and request to kindly give you her new UAN. She might do it.

But even if that's not possible, provided she's still in the UK by the time you complete the 5 years, you will still be entitled to Settled Status, and there is no reason to go looking for workarounds. You are not the only person in that situation on this board. There are accounts of members who managed to get Settled Status after separating from their EU spouses, and after openly disclosing this situation to the Home Office, examples here and here.

Now, each case is different. Different people are asked to provide more or less documentary evidence. The best way to know is to apply, and always be open about your situation, when asked for more details. It might take a wile, but it's the best way to do it.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Jamie's1000
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Jamie's1000 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:12 pm

I was separated with my eu wife aswell but she already had settled status which I have the number so when I applied I linked them together,I thought I will face a lengthy and stressful time but it all went well.coa immediately and no further documents required.
I got my settled status