ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Goldfinger1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by Goldfinger1 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:56 pm

Lin87 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:22 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:08 pm
Xdee wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:20 pm
I have received a survey email as well but no approval :roll:
When did you receive it?
I received a mail approval but no survey email. I applied 22 June, IDV submitted 28 Aug, Approval:04 Nov. I sent an email to furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk on the 04 Nov to ask for an update and if it was TRUE what the UKVCAS said in their flash update about UKVI dealing with the application in chronological order. Might have been just a coincidence that the day I sent the email, they sent me the approval letter by post. Good luck to all that are still waiting for their decisions.

Congratulations , did your approval mail come with ceremony certificate.

Lin87
Newly Registered

Post by Lin87 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:27 pm

Goldfinger1 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:56 pm
Lin87 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:22 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Xdee wrote:
When did you receive it?
I received a mail approval but no survey email. I applied 22 June, IDV submitted 28 Aug, Approval:04 Nov. I sent an email to furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk on the 04 Nov to ask for an update and if it was TRUE what the UKVCAS said in their flash update about UKVI dealing with the application in chronological order. Might have been just a coincidence that the day I sent the email, they sent me the approval letter by post. Good luck to all that are still waiting for their decisions.

Congratulations , did your approval mail come with ceremony certificate.
Thank you.
No, it wasn't. I have to wait up to 12 weeks for my certificate to be released.

mashayekh_hosein

Post by mashayekh_hosein » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:33 pm

I submitted my biometrics an hour ago at UKVCAS and as I had bought the SMS service I was expecting to receive a SMS confirming that the information has been sent to the UKVI. But I still have not! Does anyone have experience of the SMS service? The lack of the text message has made me thinking maybe they haven’t submitted my information to UKVI, as I paid £2 for it.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:35 pm

mashayekh_hosein wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:33 pm
I submitted my biometrics an hour ago at UKVCAS and as I had bought the SMS service I was expecting to receive a SMS confirming that the information has been sent to the UKVI. But I still have not! Does anyone have experience of the SMS service? The lack of the text message has made me thinking maybe they haven’t submitted my information to UKVI, as I paid £2 for it.
SMS service is a waste. You may or may not get a text. Your application is submitted.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mashayekh_hosein

Post by mashayekh_hosein » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:52 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:35 pm
mashayekh_hosein wrote:
SMS service is a waste. You may or may not get a text. Your application is submitted.
I know. They sent me a few SMS as reminders as if I was going to forget the appointment! And then did not send the sole SMS that I actually paid to receive! Such a waste!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:55 pm

mashayekh_hosein wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:52 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
mashayekh_hosein wrote:
I know. They sent me a few SMS as reminders as if I was going to forget the appointment! And then did not send the sole SMS that I actually paid to receive! Such a waste!
Log in to your UKVCAS account. Just for your peace of mind, open the categories and see individual documents. Each document will say “submitted” in front of the files name. So you can have a good night sleep. ☺️
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mashayekh_hosein

Post by mashayekh_hosein » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:09 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:55 pm
mashayekh_hosein wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:52 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
mashayekh_hosein wrote:
Log in to your UKVCAS account. Just for your peace of mind, open the categories and see individual documents. Each document will say “submitted” in front of the files name. So you can have a good night sleep. ☺️
Good idea. Thanks for the tip!

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:32 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Xdee wrote:
When did you receive it?
I received it a month after my application but I ignored it.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:36 pm

Ritchie12 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:32 pm
What is the date on your approval letter? Before or after the date survey email was received? Thanks

Fivem
Egypt

Post by Fivem » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:26 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:36 pm
Ritchie12 wrote:
What is the date on your approval letter? Before or after the date survey email was received? Thanks
hi Cullinan, do you think there is connection between the early survey and the decision, as we know before survey sent after decision made.i received this survey nearly 25 days go but no decision yet.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:52 pm

@fivem

To be honest, I have researched a lot but could not reach a definite conclusion.

Seems like the survey email is only sent AFTER the decision (or at least that is the method and purpose of feedback).

PRE-corona, the decision letter was posted via mail. Many have reported receiving this survey first and then got the approvals later on. However, 80% of these cases reported changed address and the decision letter was sent to old address. They in fact got the survey email AFTER the decision but never got to know till later discovering that approval letter was sent to previous address.

Post-corona: Decisions are sent via email (rarely via post reported). Many have reported getting decisions pushed with a lag i.e. approval letter shows date prior to approval email date, some cases even months delay.
These cases reported that approvals are made prior to pushing decision emails. Normally they only get an email when an enquiry is sent.

Having said that, 20% have also received this survey email before the decision is genuinely made.

So really can not be sure unless I get my own decision or others in similar situation report the date on the approval letter VS the date survey was received.

We can not really do anything other than wait, the concern is that UKVI sometimes fail to push through decision email due to some technical/human error OR this survey might not have any connection to the decision at all.

But, definitely 80% who received this survey before approval, their decisions were made prior to receiving it and they only got to know later on.

Fivem
Egypt

Post by Fivem » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:07 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:52 pm
@fivem

To be honest, I have researched a lot but could not reach a definite conclusion.

Seems like the survey email is only sent AFTER the decision (or at least that is the method and purpose of feedback).

PRE-corona, the decision letter was posted via mail. Many have reported receiving this survey first and then got the approvals later on. However, 80% of these cases reported changed address and the decision letter was sent to old address. They in fact got the survey email AFTER the decision but never got to know till later discovering that approval letter was sent to previous address.

Post-corona: Decisions are sent via email (rarely via post reported). Many have reported getting decisions pushed with a lag i.e. approval letter shows date prior to approval email date, some cases even months delay.
These cases reported that approvals are made prior to pushing decision emails. Normally they only get an email when an enquiry is sent.

Having said that, 20% have also received this survey email before the decision is genuinely made.

So really can not be sure unless I get my own decision or others in similar situation report the date on the approval letter VS the date survey was received.

We can not really do anything other than wait, the concern is that UKVI sometimes fail to push through decision email due to some technical/human error OR this survey might not have any connection to the decision at all.

But, definitely 80% who received this survey before approval, their decisions were made prior to receiving it and they only got to know later on.
Thank you Cullinan for your reply.i think enquiry can not be made until 6 months will pass, am i correct, so for my case long time to wait.I wish you the best in your application.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:10 pm

@fivem
An enquiry can be made but most likely no response will be sent before 6 months are over so it is not recommended. I am at 4.5 months. I might send an enquiry by end of this week due to this survey email mystery though.

Fivem
Egypt

Post by Fivem » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:16 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:10 pm
@fivem
An enquiry can be made but most likely no response will be sent before 6 months are over so it is not recommended. I am at 4.5 months. I might send an enquiry by end of this week due to this survey email mystery though.
best luck, please keep us updated.

surabhi

Post by surabhi » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:25 pm

Mahmsab wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:37 pm

On same day Nov 1st I logged to UKVCAS and booked an appointment for 28 Nov for all of us ! Where I can now see all my documents are already uploaded ?!

Thank you all
Did you use the normal login at UKVCAS or some extra link did they send you to book the appountment?

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:52 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Ritchie12 wrote:
Date on our approval letter was 12 Sept 2020. Survey was received 9th Oct 2020 but like I said ignored it.

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:57 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
@fivem
I think there is no harm in trying. You can email them about the generic email people are getting and use it as a medium to check the status of your application, just like Lin87

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:57 pm

Ritchie12 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:52 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Ritchie12 wrote:
Date on our approval letter was 12 Sept 2020. Survey was received 9th Oct 2020 but like I said ignored it.
Oh so after your approval was received. Your initial comment says after “application” so I though after you applied. Thanks for the clarification.

soul_mickey
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by soul_mickey » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:33 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
@fivem
will be keeping a close eye on what you do and when you send the email - my timeline is almost exactly like yours - the delay to me seems very intentional but is causing a lot of anxiety for no reason

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:36 pm

soul_mickey wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:33 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@fivem
will be keeping a close eye on what you do and when you send the email - my timeline is almost exactly like yours - the delay to me seems very intentional but is causing a lot of anxiety for no reason
I have sent an email to enquire just now. Although I am at 4.5 months but I received a UKVI survey but no decision. I will update accordingly when I hear back. Not sure if there is any connection between early UKVI survey before a decision, but I wanted to double check. Maybe I will not even get a response but lets see.

novalicary
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by novalicary » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:51 pm

Are there any group applicants on here who had their IDV app delayed to early Sept (due to issues the app had accommodating multiple applicants) who are still waiting?

Conversely, has anyone who is part of a group and submitted via IDV app in early Sept been approved???

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:21 pm

UKVCAS Service Point Status update 11/11/2020

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=56249

kgnot
- thin ice -

Post by kgnot » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:42 pm

Guys I did my bimoetrics at UKVCAS but I have written confirmation I did it. I called british naturalization and they said they are just advicers and have no such information.
Should I be worried? How to get a written confirmation or check that indeed my documents are forwarded? I can still upload documents at the visas site...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:44 pm

kgnot wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:42 pm
Guys I did my bimoetrics at UKVCAS but I have written confirmation I did it. I called british naturalization and they said they are just advicers and have no such information.
Should I be worried? How to get a written confirmation or check that indeed my documents are forwarded? I can still upload documents at the visas site...
Your application is submitted after you attend your UKVCAS appointment. You should just wait patiently now. No need to chase biometrics.

kgnot
- thin ice -

Post by kgnot » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:51 pm

So you say after I attend it is submitted 100 percent despite not having any proof of it and wait patiently? I have never seen anything like that but ok...