ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

baybars1

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by baybars1 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:01 pm

arselers wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:51 pm
My certificate arrived last week - Hounslow council confirmed to my enquiry.

Approval date Sep 8..

So stupid they’re not booking my ceremony until I receive the invitation letter.. I’m moving my home next week and no idea whom I should contact to update the address..
Your invitation may have already been posted to you if you council received your certificate last week. I have seen a number of early September approvals whose invitation letters arrived within seven days of being printed. I would imagine that your invite would have been printed at the same time when your certificate was printed.

LoreleiB
Newly Registered

Post by LoreleiB » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:08 pm

dtmann wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:50 am
Dreams101 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:26 pm
LoreleiB wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:08 pm
Just received an update from Coventry City Council. All ceremonies are cancelled due to lockdown. They are doing virtual ceremonies hopefully in a week's time and will be in contact with attendees directly to organise them.

I had a group ceremony booked for the 18th Nov so I hope I can still attend an online ceremony relatively soon. Let's see what they say.
Hi LoreleiB. Thanks for sharing. My council is Coventry too. Received approval email on 18 May 2020, but nothing since.

Do you mind sharing your approval date, and the date you received you invitation letter?
Also, this is great news that Cov council are finally starting virtual ceremonies.
Can you please share how you received this update?

Thank you
Hi guys, I am also from Coventry City Council, approved 24th August but no Ceremony Invitation yet.

@LoreleiB did anyone from CCC staff confirm they are doing virtual ceremenies? Because "Do it Online" has been on their website for quite a while now, but about a week ago I was told they hadn't started this yet.

@Dreams101 it seems to be quite a long wait since 18 May 2020 ?
There is definitely something wrong in the way the Invitations are sent because this surely is not based on approval dates at all. It seems to be very random.

I received my approval letter from the Home Office by email on 18 May 2020. I then received the invitation letter- also from the Home Office- to attend the citizenship ceremony on 25 Sep 2020. Coventry City Council were very helpful and actually phoned me/ emailed me the same day, on the 25th Sep 2020 after I emailed them to book the ceremony.

They offered to book me for an October group ceremony which unfortunately I could not attend as I had holiday planned and needed to go away (I know, I'm kicking myself too now for missing this opportunity in October, but I couldn't have cancelled the holiday at short notice) so the earliest available date after that was on 18 Nov, which I am still booked onto now but it sounds like it will be a virtual ceremony. I am not just not sure if it will be on a different date now.

In terms of how I heard about the virtual ceremony, I emailed Coventry registry office. You can find their details online. I have only ever been in touch with the one person who seems to be organising citizenship ceremonies in Coventry from the Registry Office/ City Council and she has been very helpful. I don't want to give any staff names/ email addresses on this forum.

leo55
Mood:

Post by leo55 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:18 pm

amazingneo wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:56 pm
REDBRIDGE Council:

Approved: 1-Sep-2020
Invitation Letter Received: 5-Nov-2020 (date of letter: 27-Oct-2020)
Ceremony Booked for: 10-Nov-2020 (just received a call from them)

Good luck to me and all.

PS - Redbridge has plenty of slots available now for virtual ceremonies, and they are also conducting group ceremony (there was a slot available later this week but I have chosen virtual as it is tomorrow. Kind of lost all the enthu to go there and say the oath in person :-( )
CONGRATULATION

Very pleased to hear about arrival of your certificate and tomorrow's ceremony. Good Luck

My approval date: 11/09/20 but have not received invitation letter yet. Hoping to receive soon.

Last week Council confirmed they received certificates only for those applicants approved in June and July. However after reading your post, assuming they have received some Aug and few of September certificates as well.

MannyWarrior
Mood:

Post by MannyWarrior » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:52 pm

Date on HO letter: 29 September.
Received: Presumably today (09/11/2020) but could've been last week.
Approval: 7 July
Ceremony booked for this week!

Dreams101
Newly Registered

Post by Dreams101 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:26 pm

LoreleiB wrote:

I received my approval letter from the Home Office by email on 18 May 2020. I then received the invitation letter- also from the Home Office- to attend the citizenship ceremony on 25 Sep 2020. Coventry City Council were very helpful and actually phoned me/ emailed me the same day, on the 25th Sep 2020 after I emailed them to book the ceremony.

They offered to book me for an October group ceremony which unfortunately I could not attend as I had holiday planned and needed to go away (I know, I'm kicking myself too now for missing this opportunity in October, but I couldn't have cancelled the holiday at short notice) so the earliest available date after that was on 18 Nov, which I am still booked onto now but it sounds like it will be a virtual ceremony. I am not just not sure if it will be on a different date now.

In terms of how I heard about the virtual ceremony, I emailed Coventry registry office. You can find their details online. I have only ever been in touch with the one person who seems to be organising citizenship ceremonies in Coventry from the Registry Office/ City Council and she has been very helpful. I don't want to give any staff names/ email addresses on this forum.
Thanks very much for your reply and congratulations.

So we received the email approval on the same day. I really don't understand how the HO works.

Hope it all goes well for you. Please let us know how it goes, whether you have a virtual or in person ceremony.

Best wishes.

CheshireKnight
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by CheshireKnight » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:29 pm

leo55 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:18 pm
amazingneo wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:56 pm
REDBRIDGE Council:

Approved: 1-Sep-2020
Invitation Letter Received: 5-Nov-2020 (date of letter: 27-Oct-2020)
Ceremony Booked for: 10-Nov-2020 (just received a call from them)

Good luck to me and all.

PS - Redbridge has plenty of slots available now for virtual ceremonies, and they are also conducting group ceremony (there was a slot available later this week but I have chosen virtual as it is tomorrow. Kind of lost all the enthu to go there and say the oath in person :-( )
CONGRATULATION

Very pleased to hear about arrival of your certificate and tomorrow's ceremony. Good Luck

My approval date: 11/09/20 but have not received invitation letter yet. Hoping to receive soon.

Last week Council confirmed they received certificates only for those applicants approved in June and July. However after reading your post, assuming they have received some Aug and few of September certificates as well.
Same situation down here , got approved on the 11th of Sept and still nothing there yet :(

Soo123
Pakistan

Post by Soo123 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:34 pm

Hi All

Hillingdon Council have cancelled all the ceremonies until 9 December due to lockdown and they don’t have resources to do virtual ceremonies

Szrsrts
Mood:

Post by Szrsrts » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:25 pm

Anyone waiting at Maidstone Kent County Council August approvals? Thank you

Nadiyajamil
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Nadiyajamil » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:26 pm

Vidit32 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:09 pm
Hello,

Harrow council has started taking appointment for citizen ceremony, I just booked mine on 12th nov, if anyone waiting please get it booked next available appointment is on 12 th and 17th nov.

Thank you
When did you get your approval email? I got mine on 10th of July and I’m still waiting for the invitation letter. My council is also Harrow.

dtmann
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by dtmann » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:59 pm

LoreleiB wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:08 pm
dtmann wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:50 am
Dreams101 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:26 pm
LoreleiB wrote:
Just received an update from Coventry City Council. All ceremonies are cancelled due to lockdown. They are doing virtual ceremonies hopefully in a week's time and will be in contact with attendees directly to organise them.

I had a group ceremony booked for the 18th Nov so I hope I can still attend an online ceremony relatively soon. Let's see what they say.
Hi LoreleiB. Thanks for sharing. My council is Coventry too. Received approval email on 18 May 2020, but nothing since.

Do you mind sharing your approval date, and the date you received you invitation letter?
Also, this is great news that Cov council are finally starting virtual ceremonies.
Can you please share how you received this update?

Thank you
Hi guys, I am also from Coventry City Council, approved 24th August but no Ceremony Invitation yet.

@LoreleiB did anyone from CCC staff confirm they are doing virtual ceremenies? Because "Do it Online" has been on their website for quite a while now, but about a week ago I was told they hadn't started this yet.

@Dreams101 it seems to be quite a long wait since 18 May 2020 ?
There is definitely something wrong in the way the Invitations are sent because this surely is not based on approval dates at all. It seems to be very random.

Thanks a lot for your update :)
I am so happy for you that you received your invitation and managed to book the citizenship ceremony for November 18th. It's a shame you missed the October one but one more month doesn't make a big difference. At least you didn't miss your holiday ;)

I think I know the lady you have been communicating with, she is the one in charge of the citizenship ceremonies at the moment and she is lovely, she is also very prompt replying to emails as well.

I am very curious to know whether CCC will conduct virtual ceremonies now.

Please keep us updated if possible. Thanks.

mrmo93
Mood:
Sweden

Post by mrmo93 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:16 pm

Szrsrts wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:25 pm
Anyone waiting at Maidstone Kent County Council August approvals? Thank you
Me!, i got approved in mid october so hoping by January.

TheTraveller
- thin ice -

Post by TheTraveller » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:35 pm

triiishiii wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:20 pm
TheTraveller wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:46 am
triiishiii wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:17 pm
TheTraveller wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:08 pm

Hi Triiishiii - My local council is Kingston too! I emailed them and they said they have not received my certificate .. Have you heard back from them?

Heya, thanks for replying. I have emailed Kingston today. When did you get in touch with Kingston CC ? Is there a number to call and speak to them, do you know?

They are horrible with no answer for phone calls or emails! the only thing you can do now is to email them nationality@kingston.gov.uk .. ask them if they got your certificate or not yet! PLEASE keep me posted if you hear back from the;)

Hi TheTraveller - Did you receive an acknowledgement when you sent the email to Kingston ? I called the council just now, they are saying there will be a delay as they are dealing with backlog.

Hey Triiishii, have you heard back from Kingston Council ? There said they have not got my certificate!! I was approved in July and got my invitation dated 18 Oct … I’m in bad situation now!

TheTraveller
- thin ice -

Post by TheTraveller » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:39 pm

I was approved in July and got an invitation dated 18 Oct asking me to book my ceremony with the council .. the council emailed me says they got all July approved certificates except mine! I’m so disappointed now! Don’t know what to do.. 😟😟

Cost Manager

Post by Cost Manager » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:34 am

TheTraveller wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:39 pm
I was approved in July and got an invitation dated 18 Oct asking me to book my ceremony with the council .. the council emailed me says they got all July approved certificates except mine! I’m so disappointed now! Don’t know what to do.. 😟😟
Whats your july approval date and what council?
27th of July Approval, still waiting for the the invitation

TheTraveller
- thin ice -

Post by TheTraveller » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:00 am

Cost Manager wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:34 am
TheTraveller wrote:
9th July - Kingston Council

Cost Manager

Post by Cost Manager » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:49 am

TheTraveller wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:00 am
Cost Manager wrote:
TheTraveller wrote:
I am opposite. Council got my letter but I didnt get it.

TheTraveller
- thin ice -

Post by TheTraveller » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:07 am

Cost Manager wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:49 am
TheTraveller wrote:
Cost Manager wrote:
TheTraveller wrote:

What is the name of your council ?

awaismalik1234
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by awaismalik1234 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:12 am

are there any aug/sept approvals getting invitation letters??

Cost Manager

Post by Cost Manager » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:18 am

TheTraveller wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:07 am
Cost Manager wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:49 am
TheTraveller wrote:
Cost Manager wrote:

What is the name of your council ?
Westminster

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:22 am

I am still waiting for invitation when got approval email on 18th august and my friend who got approved two weeks later in sep got his invitation letter already few days ago. We are living in same town and have same council so it seem there is no proper order of sending the invitation

baybars1

Post by baybars1 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:27 am

ILR1980 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:22 am
I am still waiting for invitation when got approval email on 18th august and my friend who got approved two weeks later in sep got his invitation letter already few days ago. We are living in same town and have same council so it seem there is no proper order of sending the invitation
Perhaps you can check with the local council if your certificate has arrived, which would mean that your invitation should be on its way.

Apparently, local councils received large numbers of certificates last week.

Szrsrts
Mood:

Post by Szrsrts » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:36 am

ILR1980 wrote:
Same here 15 August nothing heard as of today. Same council September approvals received their certificates already.

Szrsrts
Mood:

Post by Szrsrts » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:38 am

Today my exact 12 weeks has been passed. Anyone has any recommendations what next step I should take ? Any help really appreciated. Thank you very much.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:58 am

baybars1 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:27 am
ILR1980 wrote:
Perhaps you can check with the local council if your certificate has arrived, which would mean that your invitation should be on its way.

Apparently, local councils received large numbers of certificates last week.
My registrar useless giving same typical reply that we will contact you once recieve your certificate but my friend who got invitation letter 2 days ago and managed to book cermony after two days without registrar contacting him first

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:00 am

Szrsrts wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:36 am
ILR1980 wrote:
Same here 15 August nothing heard as of today. Same council September approvals received their certificates already.
Yea hopefully we will also get in coming weeks. Do they send invitation in normal post in brown envelope?