ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistake on FLR FP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Plzilr

Mistake on FLR FP

Post by Plzilr » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:20 am

Hi Gurus

I made a mistake in my wife FLR FP application. So instead ticking Partner route i selected Parent route as previously her visa was granted on Partner Route. Although We have a kid which is British and i myself is British too. Could anyone help what could be repercussion of this mistake?

Many thanks
Rm

bathanza

Re: Mistake on FLR FP

Post by bathanza » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:56 am

Have you actually submitted and paid for the application?

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

Plzilr

Post by Plzilr » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:04 pm

Yes its already submitted and Biometric done too over application

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:39 pm

Plzilr wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:04 pm
In line with the guidance though not specifically about unvlear route chosen by applicant Sometimes may keep the hope CW contacts you to clarify what you want thats if they do not go ahead and make the decision on which pathway to follow.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:02 pm

Plzilr wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:04 pm
If you haven't had enrolled the biometrics then be able to cancel the application with refund. Also, from hindsight hardly anyone ever acquired the visa under 5 years of route despite have fulfilled the requirement but actually had applied on wrong form under wrong category because caseworker always remain in pursuit of putting the applicant on longer path (many threads can be searched). However, moving forwards, a correct application under 5 years of route can be applied to vary the existing application provided all necessary requirements can be met. By doing so, the application fee of previous one might be refunded whilst remaining on same correct route.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sam550

Post by sam550 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:11 pm

Hi

Hopefully they will contact you to confirm your application, when I did my 2nd extension recently I thought that I definitely not followed the correct option but I added the cover letter and mentioned that I’m applying for partner route ( 10 years ) with all the relevant sections etc probably about 3 times so if I made mistake in application at least it’s in the cover letter.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:16 pm

Yes covering letter is a good idea which can persuade the caseworker in asking you to reconfirm your choice.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.