ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

*** COVID19 Tier 1E impact and Government support *** Discuss here ONLY

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Anontier20
Afghanistan

Re: *** COVID19 Tier 1E impact and Government support *** Discuss here ONLY

Post by Anontier20 » Sun May 03, 2020 2:55 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 3:50 pm
Also must add that any loan or assistance you get for your business CANNOT be counted as amount invested in the business. :!:
Would this be more relevant to the those at the start of the Tier 1 journey, as opposed to pre-ILR?
On the back of this, I wanted to ask, if a business did take a loan to help cover cashflow in light of lack of revenue due to the lockdown, would that just be noted as additional funds in the accounts for H/O as opposed to initial investment money? In essence regardless of the value it's still debt that the company takes on so the question is if directly impacts the points checklist?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun May 03, 2020 11:47 pm

Anontier20 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 2:55 pm
Zimba wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 3:50 pm
Also must add that any loan or assistance you get for your business CANNOT be counted as amount invested in the business. :!:
Would this be more relevant to the those at the start of the Tier 1 journey, as opposed to pre-ILR?
On the back of this, I wanted to ask, if a business did take a loan to help cover cashflow in light of lack of revenue due to the lockdown, would that just be noted as additional funds in the accounts for H/O as opposed to initial investment money? In essence regardless of the value it's still debt that the company takes on so the question is if directly impacts the points checklist?
I was being very explicit that you cannot use it to score points towards investment :!: :!: That is all.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Anontier20
Afghanistan

Post by Anontier20 » Mon May 04, 2020 10:42 pm

I should have clarified, I am pre-ILR, so have already shown them the £50k investment documents in previous applications. I meant in terms of the small business bounce back loan, would that be an issue?

Anontier20
Afghanistan

Post by Anontier20 » Mon May 04, 2020 10:47 pm

Anontier20 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 2:47 pm
Great!

I was thinking as a director if I get furloughed, but staff are to carry on as in normal, as they have more work to do than I do, as I normally look after sales and business development, which is currently not happening, would this be suspicious to HMRC and Home office? Please note I have not taken any dividends from the business either so was on £700 pcm. Thoughts?
Please can I get comments/ feedback for this inquiry? TIA.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue May 05, 2020 12:27 am

Anontier20 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 10:42 pm
I should have clarified, I am pre-ILR, so have already shown them the £50k investment documents in previous applications. I meant in terms of the small business bounce back loan, would that be an issue?
You do not need to prove investments again.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

rahul190
Mood:
India

Post by rahul190 » Tue May 12, 2020 4:19 pm

my ILR application is due in next few weeks

i have read all post for grant scheme and bounce back scheme

as advised by zimba and others, migrants are allowed to access all scheme

1. i was suggested by representative that home office has permitted furlough scheme to access for tier 1 applicants but nothing has been confirmed for grant scheme and bounce back scheme, so i was advised not to use this scheme for now

after reading post on here i have applied for scheme and received money for business

questions

1. can you please correct me if i am wrong at any point?

2. if home office refuse visa on this basis, how can we appeal if home office does not give any confirmation like furlough scheme?

3. if by the time making an application, if home office does not confirm anything about these.. if i do refund this money, would that make any impact ?

this is the worse case scenario questions..

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue May 12, 2020 4:23 pm

There are NO restrictions on using the schemes in place as discussed in length. You simply CANNOT use the grants or furlough employees to claim points towards your Tier 1E visa. That is all. Just like ANY other business, you can seek any form of help that is available to any business regardless of your visa.

DO NOT confuse scoring points for extension/ILR application with explicit conditional visa restrictions :!: There are no conditions attached to your visa that restricts you from accessing the schemes at all.

rahul190
Mood:
India

Post by rahul190 » Tue May 12, 2020 4:37 pm

okay thank you for your quick response

rahul190
Mood:
India

Post by rahul190 » Tue May 12, 2020 5:22 pm

would home office give any confirmation officially on this in near future to make it more clear?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue May 12, 2020 5:27 pm

rahul190 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 5:22 pm
would home office give any confirmation officially on this in near future to make it more clear?
There is enough information from official sources provided in this thread

alien279
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by alien279 » Thu May 14, 2020 5:15 pm

Hi, I am on T1E visa and will apply for ILR on March 2021. I have no employee right now but will recruit when situation become normal. I take salary from my business through PAYE. So far I know I can furlough myself as a business director because the business is totally close now. If I furlough myself, does it have any impact on my ILR application?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu May 14, 2020 5:38 pm

alien279 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 5:15 pm
Hi, I am on T1E visa and will apply for ILR on March 2021. I have no employee right now but will recruit when situation become normal. I take salary from my business through PAYE. So far I know I can furlough myself as a business director because the business is totally close now. If I furlough myself, does it have any impact on my ILR application?
No

rahul190
Mood:
India

Post by rahul190 » Fri May 15, 2020 4:28 pm

due to covid - 19 passport seva office is close

passport expire just after week of deadline

question

1. if office doesn't open and have to apply few days before deadline, what will happen with bio metric?

2. if office open near deadline of application, if application has been made and passport doesn't arrive, what are my option?

please advise

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri May 15, 2020 5:38 pm

Apply before visa expiry. You will be asked to submit your new passport copy later

rahul190
Mood:
India

Post by rahul190 » Fri May 15, 2020 5:39 pm

okay thank you

Ihsanullah1436
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: *** COVID19 and Government support *** Discuss here ONLY

Post by Ihsanullah1436 » Sat May 16, 2020 5:35 pm

[Hi All,
anybody can guide about govt. grant of 10000K for small businesses. if any TE1 applicant take this grant for company, does this affect on his ILR or extension application?

Thanks Zimba. CR001, marcnath

I put a summary as below in one post, if you don't mind (put righful quote where it comes from).
mig2015 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:01 pm
Zimba wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:11 am
Hi Zimba,

Earlier I asked about the "small business grant funding of £10,000 for all business in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief",

what is your take on the situation after all the updates, do you think it's still unclear whether it's public funds?
They are not. It is very clear now as explained above

(1) Small Business Grant Fund £10,000 who received SBR

It is clear the grant £10,000 is not violating the "no public funds" rule. First, it is for business (company as entity), not the person (as immigrant), who get the grant. Second, it is just not public fund under NRPF definition.

CR001 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:49 am
Updated guidance.
http://www.nrpfnetwork.org.uk/Documents ... tsheet.pdf
... The following assistance can be claimed by a person who has no recourse to public funds (NRPF) ...

 Statutory Sick Pay (SSP)
 Contributory-based Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
 Wages paid through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (‘furloughed workers’)
 Assistance for businesses and people who are self-employed, as outlined in this government guidance
 Benefits that are listed here (under ‘work related benefits’) -> http://www.nrpfnetwork.org.uk/informati ... x#benefits
This is okay for T1E to get below and not violating "no public funds" rule.

(2) Job Retention Scheme (aka 80% wage paid by government/ furloughed workers)
(3) Self-employment Income Support Scheme
Note: but months that paid furloughed workers do not count for the 12 months job creation.

Lastly, I wanted to point out --> like many respected seniors and guru here, who were T1E themselves, we are not free-riders. We contribute this country. We enter this country not by being a lucky sperm. We enter this country by being evaluated for business idea, amount of money you invest (not a company just open the shell and done), number of job created, even your education and English standard are evaluated. I bet most of you spend most of your whole life saving and effort in doing this. Now in difficult time, why on earth someone would blame us to get this rightful help after we contribute. They should blame someone else than us, we are victim, not beneficiary in this crisis.

(Like others, my business is stopped totally now. I don't blame. But I heard too many negative messages that immigrant business should not get help. So I just want to share a positive message. Let's get through it and you will be more successful. All my best wishes to you all)
[/quote]

Anontier25
Algeria

Post by Anontier25 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:54 pm

Hello,

I wanted to ask in light of the situation with the 2nd lockdown and furlough etc, let's say a company's director is also an employee and they are the Tier 1 visa holder, the rules say that we can not use furlough for the staff, and have to have the 2 employees on regular full time work for a min of 12 months if we don't want to temporarily suspend our visa and the re-apply for extension etc. However, there is nothing to suggest in the rules if the director is the employee and the visa holder to not apply for the furlough, correct?