ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Szrsrts
Mood:

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by Szrsrts » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:58 am

1lexD wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:33 am
Szrsrts wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:03 am
Itabra wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:54 am
1lexD wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:03 pm

Hello guys,
I have received my invitation to attend on 20th November. It looks like Kent County Council (KCC) are doing the ceremonies more than once a week.
Approved: 23th July
HO approval letter and KCC service update letter: both 6th November
KCC invitation letter:10th November
Hi 1lexD
is KCC Maidstone Council?
My wife has been approved on the 17 of August but not letter received yet.
Hello good morning. I was approved on the 15 th August haven't received either. Did you get in touch with council?
Hi Good morning,

I emailed them twice in the past to chase my certificate. The response, if they don't have it, will be that someone will get in touch as soon as they have it. They are a really nice and professional team, nothing similar to the HO employees.
August approval are the ones to follow now. I know its easy to say than do but don't worry. The HO finally got the ball rolling and soon all of the backlogs will be cleared.
May you please let me know when you receive your either invitation letter from HO or ceremony letter from the council? Really appreciated.

1lexD
Newly Registered

Post by 1lexD » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:19 am

Szrsrts wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:58 am
1lexD wrote:
Szrsrts wrote:
Itabra wrote:

Hi 1lexD
Hello good morning. I was approved on the 15 th August haven't received either. Did you get in touch with council?
Hi Good morning,

I emailed them twice in the past to chase my certificate. The response, if they don't have it, will be that someone will get in touch as soon as they have it. They are a really nice and professional team, nothing similar to the HO employees.
August approval are the ones to follow now. I know its easy to say than do but don't worry. The HO finally got the ball rolling and soon all of the backlogs will be cleared.
May you please let me know when you receive your either invitation letter from HO or ceremony letter from the council? Really appreciated.
On 6th November I've received both, HO letter and letter from the council that they're doing their best to push the ceremonies throughout the lockdown, but they are currently on hold until they figure out how. I might be wrong, but I have the feeling that the council has received my certificate as well as the letter from the HO and they posted it to me together with the service update. On 10th November I've received the invitation letter with the arranged date and time I should attend.

Itabra
Newly Registered

Post by Itabra » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:29 am

Szrsrts wrote:
Itabra wrote:
1lexD wrote:
Cocobana wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:59 am

Update
Am almost at the end of my citizenship journey, Kent county council finally booked me in to attend my ceremony on the 23rd Nov. Got the letter yesterday. Hopefully all goes as planned.
Hello guys,
I have received my invitation to attend on 20th November. It looks like Kent County Council (KCC) are doing the ceremonies more than once a week.
Hi 1lexD
I tried to call them at the number provided on their website but after ringing for a minute they hang up.

Dorota01
Mood:

Post by Dorota01 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:42 am

At last, the good news.
I haven't received the invitation letter from the HO yet but Croydon Council got my certificate today 😊.
The lady on the phone was very polite and friendly and said I could attend the ceremony without the invitation letter as long as I bring my passport with me.
Croydon has resumed all ceremonies, including the group ceremonies. That may be something to do with the bankruptcy that hit the council.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... s-22994875
I have been booked for the group ceremony in two weeks. 😊
Thank you to everybody for the updates and all the help.
I was waiting for the ceremony from 31st July (approval date). I started to worry a bit but I also trusted Baybars1 model.
@Baybars1 – you are brilliant and your model very much accurate. Thanks for that!

Hunter01
Newly Registered
India

Post by Hunter01 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:53 am

Hello guys... just want to share my timeline.
Naturalization approved : 02nd September 2020
Ceremony invitation recieved on 05th November 2020 dated 27th October 2020.
Private Ceremony (free of charge) booked on 12th November 2020 (Westminster council).
Applied passport: 12th November 2020
Hope it will help and give hope to all waiting.
All the best

Szrsrts
Mood:

Post by Szrsrts » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:55 am

Itabra wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:29 am
Szrsrts wrote:
Itabra wrote:
1lexD wrote:

Hello guys,
Hi 1lexD
I tried to call them at the number provided on their website but after ringing for a minute they hang up.
It is not they hang up they never answer. Best way to contact with them is email.

Cost Manager

Post by Cost Manager » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:56 am

Got British Today

Naturalization approved : 27th Suly 2020
Ceremony invitation : Never Received
Private Ceremony (free of charge) booked on 12th November 2020 (Westminster council).
Applied passport: 12th November 2020
27th of July Approval, still waiting for the the invitation

Szrsrts
Mood:

Post by Szrsrts » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:58 am

1lexD wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:19 am
Szrsrts wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:58 am
1lexD wrote:
Szrsrts wrote:

Hi Good morning,

On 6th November I've received both, HO letter and letter from the council that they're doing their best to push the ceremonies throughout the lockdown, but they are currently on hold until they figure out how. I might be wrong, but I have the feeling that the council has received my certificate as well as the letter from the HO and they posted it to me together with the service update. On 10th November I've received the invitation letter with the arranged date and time I should attend.
What was your time line? Thanks

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:12 pm

Hi all,

Congrats to everyone who have received their ceremonies. My husband got his approval on the 13th of october. Anyone here from manchester/tameside council? When should we expect the invitation?

nicolae46
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by nicolae46 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:34 pm

Hi I was approved on 26 of August and received my invitation on the 5th of Nov and I just attended the ceremony in Surrey. I am so happy and proud and I hope everyone else will attend their ceremony. Was very emotional and the registrar and council personnel were really nice. Good luck to everyone else still waiting to attend

Fendi
Bahamas

Post by Fendi » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:47 pm

Congrats!! And good to know Surrey council are still operating!! Though they wouldn’t book without invitation letter.

Waiting for my turn!

TheTraveller
- thin ice -

Post by TheTraveller » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:25 pm

triiishiii wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:20 pm
TheTraveller wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:35 pm
triiishiii wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:20 pm
TheTraveller wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:46 am

They are horrible with no answer for phone calls or emails! the only thing you can do now is to email them nationality@kingston.gov.uk .. ask them if they got your certificate or not yet! PLEASE keep me posted if you hear back from the;)

Hi TheTraveller - Did you receive an acknowledgement when you sent the email to Kingston ? I called the council just now, they are saying there will be a delay as they are dealing with backlog.

Hey Triiishii, have you heard back from Kingston Council ? There said they have not got my certificate!! I was approved in July and got my invitation dated 18 Oct … I’m in bad situation now!
hiya, any news on yours? I have emailed and called, no answer - no response yet. Will wait another week I guess, and then log with HO - just in case...

Kingston council is the most horrific council among all British councils - Never answer phone calls or emails and even when I complained they didn't care and not replied to my complained - I email my MP, she's very nice lady and contacted them and will let me know as soon as she gets anything from them!!

Szrsrts
Mood:

Post by Szrsrts » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:31 pm

Has anyone received an invitation letter or being contacted by council? Thank you

TheTraveller
- thin ice -

Post by TheTraveller » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:33 pm

Szrsrts wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:31 pm
Has anyone received an invitation letter or being contacted by council? Thank you

what council are you referring to?

Szrsrts
Mood:

Post by Szrsrts » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:36 pm

TheTraveller wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:33 pm
Szrsrts wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:31 pm

what council are you referring to?
Any council specifically KCC MAIDSTOND

mrmo93
Mood:
Sweden

Post by mrmo93 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:36 pm

Awesome glad to hear you guys are getting the ceremonies. Im in Dartford (Kent too!) but I get approved in October 12th (Cant complain yet!) so maybe my ceremony will happen in mid/late december or early January at the rate they are going.

Its weird Kent county council are going through with the ceremonies since their website says

"Ceremonies are not permitted during the current period of national restrictions from the 5 November 2020 to 2 December 2020."

en_ilegna
Newly Registered

Post by en_ilegna » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:41 pm

nnn15 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:24 pm
Dreams101 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:16 pm
Looks like we're in the same boat (applied 3 March, approved 26 May). Sounds like lockdown email approval was a curse rather than the blessing I thought it was at the same time. I have now basically spammed the same email to a half dozen of home office email addresses as well as checking with the council - never got a response (first couple of emails sent in July). Literally don't know what else to do.
@HamiltonNZ -- I know. totally agree with you. Don't know what else to do either.

Wonder how many people here are May approvals too. Seems like HO has forgotten about us.
I'm in the same boat (pre-lockdown application, approved during the spring lockdown, no progress since) and here are the options I've tried so far:

0) Phone helpline - fairly useless I'd say as they are an outsourced company, don't have access to the system and can't provide any case-specific information. Also you won't get any paper trail.

1) Email. Didn't get any reply from FurtherNationalityEnquiries. I did get an initial response from citizenship.support in the end of October (it took them more than 3 months to reply and by that time I didn't even expect to get a reply anymore). They said a "relevant department" will look at my query. So I'm hoping that someone at the HO is at least looking into the issue with our applications now.

2) Complaints at the HO website (https://www.ukvi-complaints.homeoffice.gov.uk/reason). I'm not sure if my application got lost, in any case all the timelines the HO previously communicated have passed and I got no clear answer about the lack of progress with my application, so I think it's a valid reason to file a complaint. They have a 20 working days service standard and do respond. However, the response to the first complaint seems to be a generic copy-paste - all the members of this forum were told to wait 8-12 weeks regardless of their application and approval timelines. However, when that expires, it is possible to file a complaint about an existing complaint (as the response to the first complaint didn't provide an explanation and didn't resolve the issue). I filed the first complaint after 4 months wait. The response was to wait for 12 weeks which expires in a couple of weeks. If I don't get a letter by then, I'll have to file a complaint on a complaint. According to the website then a senior member of staff will look into the issue, and I hope if there is a problem with the spring lockdown approvals, at least they could acknowledge the issue and start working on resolving it.

3) Reaching out to a MP. I contacted my MP after 5 months wait. The MP submitted an enquiry but didn't get any response either. They said they would follow up on the issue though.

If you have any other ideas on what we could do, please share. It seems to be purely an admin issue from the HO side, so hopefully shouldn't be too difficult to resolve.
[/quote]

hi, was just wondering if you have updates on your application?thanks

toombs
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by toombs » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:43 pm

Quick update from Bristol Council.
I called Bristol Council this afternoon regardless of my certificate(still not received btw...oh well)but the nice lady told me that a big batch of certificates is coming today. But they will need a few days to process them. So she asked me for the call In the middle of next week. She also told me that certificates are coming regularly now, which I think is a good sing. She was not able to tell me from which months but at least something is happening.

Szrsrts
Mood:

Post by Szrsrts » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:55 pm

en_ilegna wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:41 pm
nnn15 wrote:
Dreams101 wrote:
Looks like we're in the same boat (applied 3 March, approved 26 May). Sounds like lockdown email approval was a curse rather than the blessing I thought it was at the same time. I have now basically spammed the same email to a half dozen of home office email addresses as well as checking with the council - never got a response (first couple of emails sent in July). Literally don't know what else to do.
@HamiltonNZ -- I know. totally agree with you. Don't know what else to do either.

Wonder how many people here are May approvals too. Seems like HO has forgotten about us.
I'm in the same boat (pre-lockdown application, approved during the spring lockdown, no progress since) and here are the options I've tried so far:

0) Phone helpline - fairly useless I'd say as they are an outsourced company, don't have access to the system and can't provide any case-specific information. Also you won't get any paper trail.

1) Email. Didn't get any reply from FurtherNationalityEnquiries. I did get an initial response from citizenship.support in the end of October (it took them more than 3 months to reply and by that time I didn't even expect to get a reply anymore). They said a "relevant department" will look at my query. So I'm hoping that someone at the HO is at least looking into the issue with our applications now.

2) Complaints at the HO website (https://www.ukvi-complaints.homeoffice.gov.uk/reason). I'm not sure if my application got lost, in any case all the timelines the HO previously communicated have passed and I got no clear answer about the lack of progress with my application, so I think it's a valid reason to file a complaint. They have a 20 working days service standard and do respond. However, the response to the first complaint seems to be a generic copy-paste - all the members of this forum were told to wait 8-12 weeks regardless of their application and approval timelines. However, when that expires, it is possible to file a complaint about an existing complaint (as the response to the first complaint didn't provide an explanation and didn't resolve the issue). I filed the first complaint after 4 months wait. The response was to wait for 12 weeks which expires in a couple of weeks. If I don't get a letter by then, I'll have to file a complaint on a complaint. According to the website then a senior member of staff will look into the issue, and I hope if there is a problem with the spring lockdown approvals, at least they could acknowledge the issue and start working on resolving it.

3) Reaching out to a MP. I contacted my MP after 5 months wait. The MP submitted an enquiry but didn't get any response either. They said they would follow up on the issue though.

If you have any other ideas on what we could do, please share. It seems to be purely an admin issue from the HO side, so hopefully shouldn't be too difficult to resolve.
[/quote]
Hi I was approved in August still waiting it has been more 12 weeks now. I am thinking to write to home office in writing rather than emails. What do you think? Thank you

Tirinti
Mood:

Post by Tirinti » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:02 pm

Dorota01 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:42 am
At last, the good news.
I haven't received the invitation letter from the HO yet but Croydon Council got my certificate today 😊.
The lady on the phone was very polite and friendly and said I could attend the ceremony without the invitation letter as long as I bring my passport with me.
Croydon has resumed all ceremonies, including the group ceremonies. That may be something to do with the bankruptcy that hit the council.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... s-22994875
I have been booked for the group ceremony in two weeks. 😊
Thank you to everybody for the updates and all the help.
I was waiting for the ceremony from 31st July (approval date). I started to worry a bit but I also trusted Baybars1 model.
@Baybars1 – you are brilliant and your model very much accurate. Thanks for that!
Hi Dorota,
Which number have you called?

The one on the webpage https://new.croydon.gov.uk/births-death ... eremonies is wrong. It is someone's private number. I called number from the invitation, with differs by one digit 020 8726 6300. I selected options 2 1 and then waited 10 minutes and nobody answered.
Yesterday I send them email to CitizenshipCeremonies@croydon.gov.uk and only received generic reply that they will reply in 10 working days.

nnn15

Post by nnn15 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:15 pm

Szrsrts wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:55 pm
en_ilegna wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:41 pm
nnn15 wrote:
Dreams101 wrote:

Hi I was approved in August still waiting it has been more 12 weeks now. I am thinking to write to home office in writing rather than emails. What do you think? Thank you
[/quote]

No updates at all.
I realised I had a direct email from my case worker dated June, she said I would get the paperwork once citizenship ceremonies resume. As I still haven't got anything and the council doesn't have my certificate and I'm getting desperate, I emailed the case worker in hope they need to trigger something to put the application in the queue for printing. I haven't got any response.
Although my wait has been more than twice longer than 12 weeks stated by the HO, I haven't found a way to get any case-specific information from them.

Gintas16
Newly Registered

Post by Gintas16 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:20 pm

Hi all
Does child will need invitation letter to get neutralisation certificate?
They don't have to attend ceremony.
Can someone please share they experience?
Thank you

HamiltonNZ
Newly Registered

Post by HamiltonNZ » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:38 pm

nnn15 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:15 pm

No updates at all.
I realised I had a direct email from my case worker dated June, she said I would get the paperwork once citizenship ceremonies resume. As I still haven't got anything and the council doesn't have my certificate and I'm getting desperate, I emailed the case worker in hope they need to trigger something to put the application in the queue for printing. I haven't got any response.
Although my wait has been more than twice longer than 12 weeks stated by the HO, I haven't found a way to get any case-specific information from them.
Ditto, same here. I am also employing similar tactics. The two minimal updates I have are the following. One, I also emailed by case worker in desperation. They reacted quickly but not very helpfully saying that my application was with the Ceremony Team and that I would get an invitation in "a few weeks". Two, Westminster called me this morning in response to multiple emails I sent and told me I would get the letter when they get my certificate, so no reason to harass them. My objection that I was approved in May and they are now doing ceremonies with September approvals caused the phone equivalent of a shrug.

I was really hoping to get over the line before Brexit - very annoying. A couple of Home Office emails still outstanding, but very limited hope on those.

Reminder: May approval, Westminster Council, zero info.

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:44 pm

OMG!

Birmingham has sent me an invitation for a ceremony!

Date of Approval 10 August.

No HO letter yet.

Happy days!! So happy.

baybars1

Post by baybars1 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:52 pm

Frou01 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:44 pm
OMG!

Birmingham has sent me an invitation for a ceremony!

Date of Approval 10 August.

No HO letter yet.

Happy days!! So happy.
Congratulations! All the best.