ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship ceremony duration

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

adatitan
Newly Registered
Iran

Citizenship ceremony duration

Post by adatitan » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:41 pm

Hi all,
I have booked my ceremony in 2 weeks at Hertfordshire council at 3.30pm and I have an important work meeting at 4 pm, online.
I would like to know how long the duration of ceremony is? I check on internet and it said 30-45 minutes but I believe due to covid-19 situation it must be quicker.
I am reluctant to reschedule it after long waits for several months!
I appreciate any experiences from you who recently have done ceremonies specially at Hertfordshire council.
Regards

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Citizenship ceremony duration

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:42 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

secret.simon

Re: Citizenship ceremony duration

Post by secret.simon » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:31 pm

Is it a private ceremony or a group ceremony? An in-person ceremony or a virtual ceremony?

My group citizenship ceremony a few years ago had taken about an hour and a half to two hours.

If it is a group ceremony, there will likely be a few talks by the mayor and/or other civic dignitaries about the meaning and significance of citizenship, the oath taking, the anthem and then some pleasantries after that. It won't be quick.

You may want to defer the work meeting or request permission to be late on the safe side.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.