ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee for kids

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rashiadnan
Pakistan

Referee for kids

Post by Rashiadnan » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:13 pm

Hi,
I am applying for Naturalization for me along with my kids but I am stuck with referee for the kids. I have two friends who are referee for me ( one of them is an accountant). I can't find any for my kids. Can my friends be referee for the kids as well? I can't find a teacher or doctor who knows them for 3 years. We moved 2 and half years ago. Previous teachers have left the school .. previous GP practice was really big and none of the doctors knew us well. When we moved here to new address then my kids studied in new primary school for not more than 1 year and now in secondary schools. Even here no one obviously knows them for 3 years. I am really stuck here. What should I do?
regards,
Rashi

srsw

Re: Referee for kids

Post by srsw » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:01 pm

The three year rule applies to adult applicants I believe...

You must ensure that the following requirements are met:

The referee must:
• have known the (adult) applicant for at least 3 years
• a British passport holder and either a professional person or aged over 25 (at
least one referee must be a professional person)

For child applicants at least one of the referees must be a person who has dealt with the child in a professional role such as a teacher, doctor, health visitor or social worker. Where a child cannot provide a referee who has dealt with them in a professional capacity and has provided documents to show that they have attempted to do so, you can accept 2 referees who meet the criteria for referees on adult applications.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:07 am

As @srsw advised, see the official guidance as below.
Rashiadnan wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:13 pm
For child applicants at least one of the referees must be a person who has dealt with the child in a professional role such as a teacher, doctor, health visitor or social worker. Where a child cannot provide a referee who has dealt with them in a professional capacity and has provided documents to show that they have attempted to do so, you can accept 2 referees who meet the criteria for referees on adult applications
Page 9/10.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0EXT.pdf

Also see for referee requirements:
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

https://www.gov.im/media/624353/listofreferees.pdf
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Rashiadnan
Pakistan

Post by Rashiadnan » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:11 pm

Thank you for such prompt replies.

Regards,
Rashi