ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Visitor Visa Documents?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Alibeatz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Marriage Visitor Visa Documents?

Post by Alibeatz » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:20 pm

Hello.

I am looking to bring my girlfriend to the UK to marry on a marriage visitor visa because i’m not in a job anymore due to covid and dont have £62,000 savings to meet the financial requirement and apply for spouse/fiance visa.
I am currently living with my family in a council given accommodation and jobless. I have a degree and will be in work soon but we want to marry in Uk soon as possible. I know the requirements to meet the marriage visitor visa but can someone tell me what actual documents i could provide in my situation? Can you also tell me how much money should be in my girlfriends account to meet the condition that she has enough money for her visit and to return? I would also appreciate a guidance on how i should go about getting marriage visitor visa in my jobless and council home conditions. I have £5,000 in my bank account and currently on universal credit. I take full responsibility to support her when shes in the uk.
Thanks

Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Marriage Visitor Visa Documents?

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:52 am

Alibeatz wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:20 pm
Hello.

I am looking to bring my girlfriend to the UK to marry on a marriage visitor visa because i’m not in a job anymore due to covid and dont have £62,000 savings to meet the financial requirement and apply for spouse/fiance visa.
I am currently living with my family in a council given accommodation and jobless. I have a degree and will be in work soon but we want to marry in Uk soon as possible. I know the requirements to meet the marriage visitor visa but can someone tell me what actual documents i could provide in my situation? Can you also tell me how much money should be in my girlfriends account to meet the condition that she has enough money for her visit and to return? I would also appreciate a guidance on how i should go about getting marriage visitor visa in my jobless and council home conditions. I have £5,000 in my bank account and currently on universal credit. I take full responsibility to support her when shes in the uk.
Thanks

Thanks.
https://www.gov.uk/marriage-visa/docume ... st-provide
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:23 pm

Ali,

I am sorry to say, but I do not think you will be granted one for you GF. I can say this from personal experience of how hard it was for me, and I was employed, earning good money, had met her loads, own home etc etc. The HO will almost certainly consider her a flight risk and deny your application IMHO.

Others may disagree.

Alibeatz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Alibeatz » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:54 pm

Can you elaborate on your reasons please?

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:47 am

The HO are concerned that your Fiancé will not return to her home country after 6 months. She must prove that she will return and you both must prove that the relationship is genuine. The HO decided that despite pictures of my fiancé and I all over the World, her impeccable travel history, her professional well paid job, signed and passported letters from people who attested to the fact that they have met her and know we are a couple, years of chat history and tons of other evidence, the HO decided that she was a flight risk because she was from Vietnam.

I had to fight and threaten legal action to get them to change their decision and it took months.

Having a large amount in her bank account makes no difference to whether she will return or not, since she can have it sent to the UK later on. The MVV could be seen as an easy and cheap way for her to come here, with no intention of returning, and that is what you need to do.

My lawyer told me that a surprisingly large number of people do that, and just reading this board, there are a large number of people who have done it. So this is why I think you will not be given your visa.

However, if you have all the documents and history I described, you might be lucky.

Maybe something more about your situation would help the board to advise.