ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Szrsrts
Mood:

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by Szrsrts » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:10 pm

Anyone received invitation letter or being contacted by council for ceremony? Thank you

nnn15

Post by nnn15 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:24 pm

HamiltonNZ wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:22 pm
Final and positive update from me on this thread, hoping to help fellow long haulers with another data point. I was approved in May and I lived in Westminster when I applied which is why I was chasing Westminster council in the absence of an invitation letter.

Due to the length of the delay I have now moved into the remit of Hammersmith and Fulham council. I changed my address with the HO using the usual tool (got confirmation), but this was for correspondence only (mail forwarding also in place) and I did not think that my responsible council would change from Westminster to H&F.

It did, however, and yesterday H&F called me out of the blue to confirm they received my certificate and I am now booked in for a private ceremony this afternoon. Still no letter, but they don't ask for it (sensibly). As others have mentioned, H&F is very on the ball and responsive.

Good luck to all.
Congratulations! Good to hear it's been finally sorted out for you!

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:28 pm

Delighted to see some good news coming in today.

Congratulations! :)

toombs
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by toombs » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:37 pm

Nope...still nothing
19th of August approval here...Still waiting for the invitation letter(it will be 3 months on 19th of November). Contacted Bristol council on Thursday, I was told that they waiting for big batch and I was asked to call them back next week... :|: cry its like never-ending story...

JTOM
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by JTOM » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:42 pm

Dorota01 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:42 am
At last, the good news.
I haven't received the invitation letter from the HO yet but Croydon Council got my certificate today 😊.
The lady on the phone was very polite and friendly and said I could attend the ceremony without the invitation letter as long as I bring my passport with me.
Croydon has resumed all ceremonies, including the group ceremonies. That may be something to do with the bankruptcy that hit the council.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... s-22994875
I have been booked for the group ceremony in two weeks. 😊
Thank you to everybody for the updates and all the help.
I was waiting for the ceremony from 31st July (approval date). I started to worry a bit but I also trusted Baybars1 model.
@Baybars1 – you are brilliant and your model very much accurate. Thanks for that!
Firstly congrats ! I bet it is such a relief to know the council has your certificate and they have booked you in for your ceremony. I am Croydon council also so have been watching Croydon posts with particular interest and I am happy to see a couple of approvals come through.

I was approved September 21st so going by @Baybars1 model (which is fantastic by the way and seems to be accurate judging by many of the responses) my invitation letter should be issued next week and I should receive it soon after - fingers crossed!!!

Seeing as HO and the councils seem to be picking up the pace I bit I thought I would call Croydon council today to try my luck. The lady I spoke to was lovely but said they don't seem to have received my certificate yet and advised I call back next week as they tend to upload the certs they receive on a Wednesday. All good, I will do that.

However! She said they are not booking any ceremonies until after lockdown... I did say I knew of someone who called and booked yesterday, she just repeated they weren't doing them.... Think it is luck of the draw who you speak to, as proven by the many mixed messages people have received on here from HO and councils! Ahh well I will try again next week in case they have my certificate then, though realistically if it follows the model it is more likely to be the week after they will have it. But I will call anyway just in case, even just knowing they have it and I can book in for December would be a relief!

Szrsrts
Mood:

Post by Szrsrts » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:47 pm

toombs wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:37 pm
Nope...still nothing
19th of August approval here...Still waiting for the invitation letter(it will be 3 months on 19th of November). Contacted Bristol council on Thursday, I was told that they waiting for big batch and I was asked to call them back next week... :|: cry its like never-ending story...
15 th August here.. Still waiting..

Tirinti
Mood:

Post by Tirinti » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:50 pm

Update from Croydon.
I called the Register. It took more than half an hour to wait for consultant to answer the phone. The group ceremonies has now been canceled. The private ceremonies are still available but you need to arrange them by email. I've already emailed them two days ago and still no reply. They advised me to call them in the last week of November as they are considering introduction of virtual ceremonies.

georgeecs2020
Newly Registered

Post by georgeecs2020 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:13 pm

13 august here, still nothing

Szrsrts
Mood:

Post by Szrsrts » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:23 pm

georgeecs2020 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:13 pm
What is your council?

coolrockspart2
India

Post by coolrockspart2 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:45 pm

Hi guys, I have received my naturalisation approval on 19th October(by email without pdf) and on 22nd October(with PDF). Applied on 18th June and did biometrics in person on 15th August.
Problem is my current passport is expired and I am looking for new job so I would need to have valid passport so that my employer can verify my identity and do background checks.

I am aware that in current situation Home office is having delays in sending naturalisation certificate to council but I am just thinking when can I expect to receive invitation letter (in case anyone would have any idea).

I have asked my council and they haven't received my certificate. Emailed home office few times but no replies yet.

Appreciate your help. Thanks

macemace
Newly Registered
Hungary

Post by macemace » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:01 pm

Hi, is there a way of forcing a council to let me attend a ceremony without an invitation letter? Cornwall Council has confirmed that they have my certification but are insisting on me bringing the invitation letter which still has not arrived. I emailed our local MP about this but besides that has anybody been in a similar situation, please?

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:16 pm

Obviously my letter was sent to me on 11th this week.
I’m wondering how long a second class letter can take?
If it arrives soon might be worth changing to a private ceremony which is a lot sooner.

lasolas
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by lasolas » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:47 pm

VulgarisMagistralis wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:38 am
I just received an email from Hammersmith and Fulham council. This is what it says (without names):
Dear [VulgarisMagistralis]

I would like to inform you we have now received your certificate. This means you can now be booked in for a ceremony, we are offering both group and private. If you could please provide us with your contact number and we will call you to discuss booking you in for a ceremony.

Kind regards,

[Bubbles]

Registration officer

Registrars

Hammersmith & Fulham Council

020 8753 2140

registeroffice@lbhf.gov.uk

www.lbhf.gov.uk/registrars
My approval letter was sent on the 13/08/2020 via email. I did not receive a ceremony letter yet. It took exactly 3 months.
Hi,

My borough is also F&H. Although my husband and I received our approval recently, 2nd Nov I am fully aware that we still have a long way to go given the current situation. Just curious - did they email you straightaway or did you have to contact/chase them prior to their email update on having your certificate?

toombs
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by toombs » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:38 pm

Frou01 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:16 pm
Obviously, my letter was sent to me on 11th this week.
If it arrives soon might be worth changing to a private ceremony which is a lot sooner.
I think it's up to 10 working days, which means You should get it by the 21st of November.

toombs
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by toombs » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:41 pm

toombs wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:38 pm
Frou01 wrote:
I think it's up to 10 working days, which means You should get it by the 21st of November.
Or 24th.Sorry, my bad :)

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:05 pm

toombs wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:41 pm
toombs wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:38 pm
Frou01 wrote:
Or 24th.Sorry, my bad :)
Yes and likely further delays due to lockdown too. Will see. :)

Yawboat
Newly Registered

Post by Yawboat » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:26 pm

Yawboat wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:41 pm
Hello everyone any of you here approved in September and with Hackney council?
Good news guys just got home and my invitation letter from the Home office has arrived.
Date applied :2nd July 2020
Date of biometrics : 22nd August 2020
Date of approval: 09 September 2020
Invitation letter dated : 28 October 2020
Invitation letter received : 13 November 2020
Citizenship ceremony : yet to be booked
Council : Hackney council

Will update you when I’m able to book the ceremony date. Good luck guys

georgeecs2020
Newly Registered

Post by georgeecs2020 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:27 pm

Szrsrts wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:23 pm
georgeecs2020 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:13 pm
What is your council?
Enfield

Ariana12
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by Ariana12 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:16 pm

Hi all, August 18th approval, received email invitation from Hackney council today for a group ceremony December 2nd. I registered on their wait-list several months ago. HO letter hopefully on the way, the invitation states I definitely need it. Thank you and good luck to all waiting...and @Baybars1 you are worth your weight in gold :)

TheTraveller
- thin ice -

Post by TheTraveller » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:36 am

Application submitted January 2020
Application approved July 2020
Invitation received November 2020
Ceremony completed today and finally I’m a British Citizen 😃 Happy and glorious 😇

Gonzo14
Newly Registered

Post by Gonzo14 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:48 am

Gonzo14 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:00 pm
Gonzo14 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:03 am
Hi all

For those awaiting citizenship ceremony from Barnsley council I spoke to them and they said that they are conducting ceremonies on an individual basis and allowed 1 guest . They have been receiving certificates regularly from the home office. I was approved on 24 July after making my application in September 2019. So hopefully I don’t have to wait long for the ceremony
Hi all

I contacted my local registrar and they informed me that they received my certificate and that they have booked me in for my ceremony on 1 December, they didn’t ask me to bring anything but am allowed to bring one guest. I haven’t received my invitation yet but I will keep the forum updated when I do. My approval was 24 July 2020, applied September 2019.
Just a quick update

I have finally received the brown envelope with my invitation letter from HO. Interestingly the letter was dated 19 October and delivered 2nd class so I don’t get how it could take nearly a month to deliver a letter to be honest. Nevertheless I had contacted my local council last week and they booked me for my ceremony without the invitation letter. It’s just frustrating that there are not early dates available but am just grateful that the journey is neatly over. In total from start this process ha taken me 15 months, I am just ready to be done with this journey

Below is my timeline

Application : September 2019
Approved : July 2020
Date on invitation : 19 October
Ceremony booked :- 1 December
Ceremony pending , i will update the forum once ceremony has been completed .

Don’t loose hope for people still waiting, have a blessed weekend.

westerner20
Newly Registered

Post by westerner20 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:21 am

Below is my timeline

Application : July 2019
Approved : July 2020
Date on invitation : 22 October
Ceremony done :- 10 November
Council: Somerset and Taunton Deane

en_ilegna
Newly Registered

Post by en_ilegna » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:27 am

Good to hear that some may/june approvals are starting to receive good news..looks like there is something happening with may/june approvals..as i have read in this thread, the HO is printing certificate according to approval dates but it seems some august and even september approvals have their certificate already..

@baybars1..any thought on this,.maybe you can shed some light..thanks..

Szrsrts
Mood:

Post by Szrsrts » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:49 am

en_ilegna wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:27 am
Good to hear that some may/june approvals are starting to receive good news..looks like there is something happening with may/june approvals..as i have read in this thread, the HO is printing certificate according to approval dates but it seems some august and even september approvals have their certificate already..

@baybars1..any thought on this,.maybe you can shed some light..thanks..
Hello morning what is your time line? Thank you

londuk1
Mood:
Greece

Post by londuk1 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:51 am

Frou01 wrote:
Obviously my letter was sent to me on 11th this week.
Hi I know we have similar approval dates (3/8 me)

How do you know it was sent on 11/11?