ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Acknowledgement and passport return delays

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

carp64
Newly Registered
Ireland

Acknowledgement and passport return delays

Post by carp64 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:30 am

Hi,
Does anyone know what is the estimated delay for INIS to process and acknowledge an application? In my case, I have been waiting for passport return for 2 months and counting, I was hoping to visit my family abroad for Christmas, but I feel I will not have my passport back by then. There is no phone line available to call, and no estimated timeframe for this acknowledgement. Are they even processing applications during this second lockdown? It is not great to be kept in the dark with something this important

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: Acknowledgement and passport return delays

Post by Vorona » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:30 pm

Vale32 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:30 am
It is not great to be kept in the dark with something this important
Kept in the dark? What do you mean?
You were perfectly aware of the COVID-19 delays, but decided to send your application. It was clearly announced that delays are inevitable and prompt return of passports is not guaranteed.

You have been warned.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:39 pm

This notice has been on the Citizenship main page for almost 4-5 months now.
We strongly advise applicants not to submit applications during this period if they feel they may need their passport during the coming months as it is not possible to guarantee the return of original documents.
There's an at least 3-4 months delay to get back your passport. You can only request for emergency return of your passport if you have a genuine emergency. Medical certs will be required. Visiting family will not be a valid reason unfortunately.

Wilzer
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Wilzer » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:57 am

In fairness, I think the point of this board is to ask for people's experiences not be admonished by people who know how to cut and paste. He asked if people knew what the delay was, not if there was a delay.

The message says 'coming months'. Applying in August for potential Xmas travel was not unreasonable. It was perhaps unwise but there are many other factors you do not know about.

I'd be interested to know how long it has taken for people for people to get their passports back, or when you do get your passport back Vale32. Am in a similar situation.

Anhmai
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Anhmai » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:13 am

Hi,

When did you submit your application? I hope my experience would help.

First time renewal:
Applied 23 Aug
I waited about 7 weeks to get email informing that its done
then wait about 2 more weeks to get the passport and irp.

Second time renewal:
Applied 18 Oct
Received email informed it is done: 10 Nov
Got the passport:13 Nov
Waiting for IRP card