ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:56 pm

kgnot wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:51 pm
So you say after I attend it is submitted 100 percent despite not having any proof of it and wait patiently? I have never seen anything like that but ok...
No proof is sent. But for your peace of mind, log in to UKVCAS, open each category where you uploaded documents, each file name will say “submitted.”
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Aragon1

Post by Aragon1 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:15 pm

Update!!!!

UKVCAS just cancelled my appointment (email quoted below). I'm relieved to have official confirmation that everything is okay with our IDV submission.

My background: Family application, submitted IDV, got an email for the child applicant to book in-person UKVCAS appointment, UKVCAS confirmed that no need of an appointment over the phone, still decided to book a free appointment in December and now it's cancelled.
Dear Lead Applicant,

If you have received this message on behalf of the lead applicant, please ensure they are informed immediately.

We are writing to let you know that UKVI have asked us to cancel your UKVCAS appointment.

This is because UKVI's records show that you have successfully submitted your application through the IDV app and that your application is in progress. As a result, you do not need to attend a UKVCAS appointment.

If you selected a chargeable appointment, the price of the appointment will be refunded to you.

What do I need to do next?

- You don't need to do anything. UKVCAS have cancelled your appointment and the price of the appointment will be refunded to you over the next 10 days.

- If you need an urgent decision on your visa due to compassionate or emergency reasons, please contact UKVI here.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:17 pm

Good you have written confirmation now. Solves the mystery also.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Zimbo2Brits
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Zimbo2Brits » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:21 pm

I was meant to have my biometrics appt on the 30/11 @ Chelmsford, and it’s now been cancelled. I submitted my application on the 28/08, in which most people have received a decision by now. I’m not sure what’s delaying my approval but Gods timing is best. Has anyone else received a cancellation email, and then received an approval few days later?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:26 pm

Zimbo2Brits wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:21 pm
I was meant to have my biometrics appt on the 30/11 @ Chelmsford, and it’s now been cancelled. I submitted my application on the 28/08, in which most people have received a decision by now. I’m not sure what’s delaying my approval but Gods timing is best. Has anyone else received a cancellation email, and then received an approval few days later?
Was it a dual submission? Have you already submitted your application via IDV app?

novalicary
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by novalicary » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:38 pm

Aragon1 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:15 pm
Update!!!!

UKVCAS just cancelled my appointment (email quoted below). I'm relieved to have official confirmation that everything is okay with our IDV submission.

My background: Family application, submitted IDV, got an email for the child applicant to book in-person UKVCAS appointment, UKVCAS confirmed that no need of an appointment over the phone, still decided to book a free appointment in December and now it's cancelled.
Dear Lead Applicant,

If you have received this message on behalf of the lead applicant, please ensure they are informed immediately.

We are writing to let you know that UKVI have asked us to cancel your UKVCAS appointment.

This is because UKVI's records show that you have successfully submitted your application through the IDV app and that your application is in progress. As a result, you do not need to attend a UKVCAS appointment.

If you selected a chargeable appointment, the price of the appointment will be refunded to you.

- You don't need to do anything. UKVCAS have cancelled your appointment and the price of the appointment will be refunded to you over the next 10 days.

- If you need an urgent decision on your visa due to compassionate or emergency reasons, please contact UKVI here.

Thanks so much for posting this! So helpful!

spacepup
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

Post by spacepup » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:23 pm

ukvisat2 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:22 pm
spacepup wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:04 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:49 pm
spacepup wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:40 pm
Sadly I cannot get an appointment near me. I need to attend a CORE UKVCAS branch and there are none for at least a month and I've been checking daily.

Does anyone know another way to contact UKVCAS other than their number of 0844 8920232 as it doesn't work and hasn't worked for about 5 days since I've needed to book a biometrics appointment.

I had to call the HO to make sure if I overstay because of this shortage of appointments that I will not be penalised. It's all really frustrating.
You should see different locations or paid appointments. You have a deadline mentioned on your UKVI account (2 months from date of application). You must submit your biometrics before that. Free appointments are taken quickly. You may have to pay and secure one.
Thankfully I got a free appointment. Very pleased.
When did you submit the application online? Also, when & where is your appointment?
I submitted it in October, I managed to get an appointment in Croydon this month. I had to wake up at 6am to ensure I got the slot, though.

Zimbo2Brits
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Zimbo2Brits » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:19 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:26 pm
Zimbo2Brits wrote:
Was it a dual submission? Have you already submitted your application via IDV app?
No it wasn’t, they said I wasn’t eligible, and I had 45 days to submit my biometrics at an actual centre which I did. Today they cancelled my apt :/

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:20 pm

Zimbo2Brits wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:19 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Zimbo2Brits wrote:
No it wasn’t, they said I wasn’t eligible, and I had 45 days to submit my biometrics at an actual centre which I did. Today they cancelled my apt :/
So why was it cancelled? Corona closures? What did the email say? Will it be rescheduled?

Zimbo2Brits
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Zimbo2Brits » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:59 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:20 pm
Zimbo2Brits wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:19 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Zimbo2Brits wrote:
So why was it cancelled? Corona closures? What did the email say? Will it be rescheduled?
Dear Lead Applicant,

Please note, your immigration status will not be affected while your application is being processed. If you do not have a passport or a travel document, please contact UKVI for further advice.

Kind regards

UKVCAS

Please note that we will never send an email to ask you to provide payment details.

This email address is not monitored. If your question is not answered above, please check our website.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:40 pm

Zimbo2Brits wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:59 pm
So you never submitted your application via IDV app? It is very strange why your appointment is cancelled then as how do they expect you to submit your biometrics then?
If you are not eligible for IDV app and did not submit your biometrics via IDV app, you need to contact UKVCAS on twitter.

Zimbo2Brits
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Zimbo2Brits » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:18 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:40 pm
Zimbo2Brits wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:59 pm
So you never submitted your application via IDV app? It is very strange why your appointment is cancelled then as how do they expect you to submit your biometrics then?
If you are not eligible for IDV app and did not submit your biometrics via IDV app, you need to contact UKVCAS on twitter.

No, I've submitted my application via the UKVCAS successfully but, they had asked me to submit physic biometrics on the 31/10/2020 and then I proceeded to book my appt which they've now cancelled.

MALCOM2

Post by MALCOM2 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:01 pm

I think the best is to ring them as soon as possible and explain it to them. It my be a mistake from them.

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:43 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:36 pm
soul_mickey wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:33 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:10 pm
@fivem
An enquiry can be made but most likely no response will be sent before 6 months are over so it is not recommended. I am at 4.5 months. I might send an enquiry by end of this week due to this survey email mystery though.
will be keeping a close eye on what you do and when you send the email - my timeline is almost exactly like yours - the delay to me seems very intentional but is causing a lot of anxiety for no reason
I have sent an email to enquire just now. Although I am at 4.5 months but I received a UKVI survey but no decision. I will update accordingly when I hear back. Not sure if there is any connection between early UKVI survey before a decision, but I wanted to double check. Maybe I will not even get a response but lets see.
I'm praying you will receive a good outcome. You approval letter is long overdue. Fingers crossed you receive it before end of the week or latest beginning of next week.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:14 am

Thank you @Richie12 😊

Aragon1

Post by Aragon1 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:36 pm

Good News everyone!!!!

We got the approval letter for all the applicants in the family application via email (date on letter 13/11/2020). Many thanks to the gurus for all the patience and assistance.

Now waiting game for the ceremony letter starts. :)
Aragon1 wrote:
Update!!!!

Dear Lead Applicant,

novalicary
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by novalicary » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:27 pm

Aragon1 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:36 pm
Good News everyone!!!!

We got the approval letter for all the applicants in the family application via email (date on letter 13/11/2020). Many thanks to the gurus for all the patience and assistance.

Now waiting game for the ceremony letter starts. :)
Aragon1 wrote:
Update!!!!

Dear Lead Applicant,

Congrats! Great news for you and your child!! Have appreciated your updates as I am in the same boat and hoping ours comes through soon as well. Glad to hear a group applicant with Sept IDV app approved.

MALCOM2

Post by MALCOM2 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:32 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:14 am
Thank you @Richie12 😊
Please is any chance to help me out with my query .please I have got my appointment on 20 of November. But I have or ready submitted my facial images via IDV APP. Do you think they will let me do physical appointment? Because I didn’t receive any cancellations yet .

Confidence
Newly Registered

Post by Confidence » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:57 pm

Hey guys

Still on the Matter since July approval with biometric reuse and No IDV app facial image before decision letter received. I have been waiting for my invitation letter over 14 weeks and Ukvcas has written my numerous email to download IDV app and scan my face....I always reply their email and state I already have a decision. 3 days ago I received an email from ukvcas stating I have 5 days to present my facial image or else my application will be cancelled by UKVI. I panicked and call Ukvi and the covid-19 department they both advised me to disregard Ukvcas and both also state all July invitation letter has been despatched....just that it takes time to reach due to less workers and 2nd class postage.

Just yesterday I received my invitation letter dated 16th of October. I emailed my council ....at the moment waiting for their reply.

I just hope this Ukvi and Ukvcas confusion will just allow the REFUND my £1324.20. I will gladly eat the money and pay back on instalments 😁😜😁.

Good luck to everyone waiting

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:51 am

Confidence wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:57 pm
Hey guys

Still on the Matter since July approval with biometric reuse and No IDV app facial image before decision letter received. I have been waiting for my invitation letter over 14 weeks and Ukvcas has written my numerous email to download IDV app and scan my face....I always reply their email and state I already have a decision. 3 days ago I received an email from ukvcas stating I have 5 days to present my facial image or else my application will be cancelled by UKVI. I panicked and call Ukvi and the covid-19 department they both advised me to disregard Ukvcas and both also state all July invitation letter has been despatched....just that it takes time to reach due to less workers and 2nd class postage.

Just yesterday I received my invitation letter dated 16th of October. I emailed my council ....at the moment waiting for their reply.

I just hope this Ukvi and Ukvcas confusion will just allow the REFUND my £1324.20. I will gladly eat the money and pay back on instalments 😁😜😁.

Good luck to everyone waiting
The refund is likely not going to happen 😀😀😀😅😅. Not now and never.

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:53 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:57 pm
Ritchie12 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:52 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:36 pm
Ritchie12 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:32 pm
I received it a month after my application but I ignored it.
What is the date on your approval letter? Before or after the date survey email was received? Thanks
Date on our approval letter was 12 Sept 2020. Survey was received 9th Oct 2020 but like I said ignored it.
Oh so after your approval was received. Your initial comment says after “application” so I though after you applied. Thanks for the clarification.
Oh yh. Sorry. I meant approval

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:04 am

Aragon1 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:36 pm
Good News everyone!!!!
Congrats Aragon1

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:13 pm

Update: Alhamdullilah I have received my approval today by POST.
Timeline:
british-citizenship/naturalisation-appl ... l#p1960574

Jeannot88

Post by Jeannot88 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:23 pm

Hi Cullinan - had a double take but this is amazing news, congrats and very happy for you! Happy weekend y’all

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:29 pm

Also this may help: I received a UKVI survey on 6th Nov but no decision email. I contacted HO on 10th Nov. I received my approval in POST on 14th Nov (dated 12th Nov). So if anyone of you receives a UKVI survey but no decision in email, best to contact HO. I am not sure if that triggered my approval sent via POST.