ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SEPTEMBER-08 TIER-1 APPLICANTS

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:32 am

You should sum up your Gross pay, not Net pay.

Bank statements will reflect Net Pay after deductions.. Your Payslips should have both Gross and Net Pay.

For each month's Gross pay you accounted for earnings, its Net Pay should match the Net pay in your bank statement. I hope this clarifies.
Best regards,
Mani

Shubhi

Post by Shubhi » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:50 am

Thanks Mani :)

I have contacted VFS UK regarding the same query. Please check their reply:

Accommodation proof is not necessary in case of Tier 1 general.

Yes, it is necessary to include Integra form.

The discretion lies with you to include the highest degree certificate mentioned or all certificates from 10th onwards.

It is advisable to include the Tax documents.

Can somebody tell me where can I find the Integra form?

regpass2k
Newly Registered

Applied on 10-SEP-2008

Post by regpass2k » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:24 pm

Hi All,

I have applied for the Tier 1. It seems so easy to apply and in the VFS, the guys are so good...

Please ensure that u take a Xerox copy of all the documents. Also, go and get the Integra form from the VFS one day before filing...

So you dont have to waste time over there and also no tensions at the last minute

Ensure you have Bank's contact name, No.... (U cannot find out at the last min)

Xpecting a positive result from the home office

Regards,

regpass2k

Shubhi

Re: Applied on 10-SEP-2008

Post by Shubhi » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:56 pm

Hi

Could you please share the list of documents you submitted?

Thanks
regpass2k wrote:Hi All,

I have applied for the Tier 1. It seems so easy to apply and in the VFS, the guys are so good...

Please ensure that u take a Xerox copy of all the documents. Also, go and get the Integra form from the VFS one day before filing...

So you dont have to waste time over there and also no tensions at the last minute

Regards,

regpass2k

Sep08T1Applicant
Mood:

Tier 1 General UK application

Post by Sep08T1Applicant » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:14 am

Hi all

Applied for Tier 1 from within UK on 06 September 2008.

Claimed 100 points for earning + age + degree + UK experience

Satisfied english language requirement automatically as I had passed from University of Westminster.

Maintenance fund requirement satisfied as well.

Application submitted: 06/09/2008

Payment deducted from credit card on 09/09/2008.
Acknowledgment recieved on 10/09/2008

Finger crossed waiting for decision..!!
AZ

regpass2k
Newly Registered

Re: Applied on 10-SEP-2008

Post by regpass2k » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:13 pm

Hi,

List of documents submitted

Application fees
2 Photographs
VAF 9 Application Form
APPENDIX 1: Tier 1 (GENERAL)
Self Assessment Calculator print out

Education
Degree Certificate
Marks sheets

Previous earnings
Salary Slips - XX-XXX-XXXX to XX-XXX-XXXX – Past 12 months
Bank Statements - XX-XXX-XXXX to XX-XXX-XXXX - Past 15 months
IT Returns July 2008
Latest IT statement from the employer
Oanda Conversion Page - on XX-XXX-XXXX
Current company Offer Letter + appraisal letter + contact details

English language
Copy of the Degree Certificate
Copy of the mark sheets

Maintenanece (Funds)
Bank Statements - XX-XXX-XXXX to XX-XXX-XXXX – Past 3 months
Banker's Certificate + Bank contact details
Oanda Conversion Page - on XX-XXX-XXXX

Accmodation Proof
Hotel booking confirmation

Previous work experience
appointment letter of the previous company
Relieving Letter of the previous company

Education certificates from 10th std

36 pages passport copy

Integra screen application form
Shubhi wrote:Hi

Could you please share the list of documents you submitted?

Thanks
regpass2k wrote:Hi All,

Regards,

regpass2k

tassim
Newly Registered

Re: Applying next week but a problem

Post by tassim » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:27 pm

if ur applying outside uk, under new tier1-general new application ;proof of accomodation/hotel booking not reqd,this is not mentioned in any instructions.
morgoth wrote:I have received an invitation letter for accomodation from my friend, however his tenancy agreement is in his and his partner's name.

Will this be a problem ....or will i also need a letter from his partner

shiva_jaime
Newly Registered

Re: SEPTEMBER-08 TIER-1 APPLICANTS

Post by shiva_jaime » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:24 am

Dear Applicants,
I am planning to apply for Tire-1 visa this month. Regarding the evidence for previous earnings, my employer is not ready to give attestation in my payslips which my payslips are printed on a plain paper and printed that "signature is not required since its computer generated document". So HR said they dont provide their attestation which they suspect employee may use this for Tier-1 and no co-operation from HR.
1. Is it highly required that it needs to be signed and stamped?
2. Is it any chance that we shall get BHC confirmation on submitting non-attested payslip submission?
3. Somebody got stamped for Tier-1 without attestation on Payslips?
4. If somebody knows that vfs mail ID, please let me to get clarification on this to BHC chennai region?

Thanks,
Siva

[quote="deepinder7090"]Dear Applicants,
This is the thread only for the people who are going to apply in the month of Sep 08.
I will be applying in the 2nd week of this month.

I welcome to all the applicants who are going to apply in the month of Sep 08 to post their queries related to Tier-1 visa .

We should also discuss about the timelines of the applicants who will be applying in this month.

regards,
Deepinder[/quote]

deepinder7090

Post by deepinder7090 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:42 am

Dear Shiva,
it is highly advised that the salary slip should be signed and stamped by your company authority.

kindly do not submitt it without signing and stamp

regards,
deepinder

deepinder7090

Post by deepinder7090 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:44 am

Dear All sep applicants,

I had finally applied on sep 12

applied from chandigarh

regards,
deepinder

shiva_jaime
Newly Registered

Post by shiva_jaime » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:05 am

Thanks Deepindar,

FYI., As you said I suppose to submit the payslip with stamped and signed by the Employer. While trying to get it, my HR said, he will not attest the Payslip and company policy is "he or she should resign and relieve, then they should apply for Tier-1".
If they come to know if he/she apply for Tier-1 while in current job, he/she will be terminated from the company. And they said they will not give attestation till I relieve. I have rest of the documents ready with me except the attested payslips.
Could you suggest me on what to do further? Is it any way to get BHC approval for this?
Do you know the BHC chennai region email ID?
Also would like to know if I will not in job during Tier-1 process like Integra verification, will it be any problem in progressing my Tier-1?

Thanks,
Shiva

shobana
Newly Registered

Query on Stay evidence

Post by shobana » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:17 am

HI All,

I had applied today for Tier 1. Could you please tell me if it is mandatory to show STAY EVIDENCE as part of the application process. Since the application form or guidence sheet never mentioned anythg about the stay I had not even thought this detail would be required.

Please help me with these questions.
1. Currently I have not submitted any STAY proof for the same. Will my Visa be rejected for the same.
2. If rejected will my Passport be stamped with rejection seal.
3. Is there a way to send additional information after applying. For example can I send the Hotel Online Booking confirmation to any email id which they can consider or CAN we meet VFS center again and provide these documents to them.

HELP greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Shobz

sandeep.momula
Newly Registered

current employer appointment letter lost.

Post by sandeep.momula » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:26 am

Hi guys,

I lost my appointment letter from my current employer. However i've a duplicate. will it work? Please suggest.

deepinder7090

Post by deepinder7090 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:49 am

Shiva,
kindly call me on 9878828009

SHOBANA,

you do not have to show any accomodation proof . It will not effect your application .
2) There is no rejection seal it will be only a entry which shows a date of arrivalof your passport at embassy.
3) There is no way that you can submitt extra docs you can just write to high commission and explain the case and attatch the print out of the booking with the cover letter. Do mention your App.Ref. No at the front of the courrier.
I do not gaurantee you that they will except the docs but you never know as you do not have any option left with you .
You can go to the VFS and submitted the same if the the agree to except the same .

SANDEEP,

definately sir it will work, they just need to verify that are you working with the same organization and recieving the salary as mentioned.
desigination ,date of joining ,location are the other info which they required as per the integra verification goes on.

regards,
deepinder

newbie01
Newly Registered

Switching from WP holder to Tier1 dependent whilst in UK

Post by newbie01 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:00 pm

I am a WP holder in UK , my wife is also a work permit holder here, can she apply as a dependent on me in the same application when
I applying for Tier1?

However the homeoffice site states:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... dantroute/

This page explains the circumstances in which you can apply for
permission to stay here as the dependant of someone who is already
here in the highly skilled worker category (Tier 1 General) without
having to leave the United Kingdom and apply for entry clearance
(permission to come to the United Kingdom).

How you can switch in to the dependant route
You can apply for permission to stay here as the dependant of a highly
skilled worker without having to leave the United Kingdom and apply
for entry clearance if your last grant of entry clearance or
permission to stay here was as the partner or child of:

an innovator;
a participant in the Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland Scheme;
a participant in the International Graduates Scheme (or the previous
Science and Engineering Graduates Scheme);
a postgraduate doctor or dentist,
a student;
a student nurse;
a student re-sitting an examination;
a student writing up a thesis; or
a work permit holder.

shiva_jaime
Newly Registered

Post by shiva_jaime » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:17 pm

Deepinder,
Thanks for ur contact no#.
I tried reaching u just now.
Please let me know ur availability. My contact mail is: "shiva_jaime@gmail.com"

Thanks,
Shiva

[quote="deepinder7090"]Shiva,
kindly call me on 9878828009

SHOBANA,

you do not have to show any accomodation proof . It will not effect your application .
2) There is no rejection seal it will be only a entry which shows a date of arrivalof your passport at embassy.
3) There is no way that you can submitt extra docs you can just write to high commission and explain the case and attatch the print out of the booking with the cover letter. Do mention your App.Ref. No at the front of the courrier.
I do not gaurantee you that they will except the docs but you never know as you do not have any option left with you .
You can go to the VFS and submitted the same if the the agree to except the same .

SANDEEP,

definately sir it will work, they just need to verify that are you working with the same organization and recieving the salary as mentioned.
desigination ,date of joining ,location are the other info which they required as per the integra verification goes on.

regards,
deepinder[/quote]

Sep08T1Applicant
Mood:

Re: Switching from WP holder to Tier1 dependent whilst in UK

Post by Sep08T1Applicant » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:54 pm

Hi NewBie,

Homeoffice replied me with "Simple NO" as my wife is not my dependant.

If your wife is your's dependant then she is eligible to apply with you otherwise she has to go back and seek EC.
newbie01 wrote:I am a WP holder in UK , my wife is also a work permit holder here, can she apply as a dependent on me in the same application when
I applying for Tier1?

However the homeoffice site states:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... dantroute/

This page explains the circumstances in which you can apply for
permission to stay here as the dependant of someone who is already
here in the highly skilled worker category (Tier 1 General) without
having to leave the United Kingdom and apply for entry clearance
(permission to come to the United Kingdom).

How you can switch in to the dependant route
You can apply for permission to stay here as the dependant of a highly
skilled worker without having to leave the United Kingdom and apply
for entry clearance if your last grant of entry clearance or
permission to stay here was as the partner or child of:

an innovator;
a participant in the Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland Scheme;
a participant in the International Graduates Scheme (or the previous
Science and Engineering Graduates Scheme);
a postgraduate doctor or dentist,
a student;
a student nurse;
a student re-sitting an examination;
a student writing up a thesis; or
a work permit holder.
AZ

mjmani

you can try to get Earnings Statement say for Home Loan App

Post by mjmani » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:56 pm

Shiva_jaime,
Can you try to get Earnings_Statement on company stationery for the required period? You need not go to HR for this, Finance team should be able to give you this and they are authorized to sign, seal as well. You can mention that you need this to apply for Housing Loan or you can say that you are co-signing your father's loan.
Best of luck! Normally a company policy CAN NOT have this kind of clause. It is illegal. If you want to fight it out, you can legally, but the whole purpose here is not that, it is about you getting Tier 1 approved. Sorry friend, I can only suggest you talk to your HR in a friendly manner that you are not trying to leave the company now, but may be later next year.
Best regards,
Mani

shiva_jaime
Newly Registered

Re: you can try to get Earnings Statement say for Home Loan

Post by shiva_jaime » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:35 pm

Dear Mani,
Thanks for ur advice.
Initially I was stated to HR that I am trying to get the attestation to apply home loan. But he said that people using this attestation for HSMP and no bank was asking for attested payslips. He might be fooling me that its HR policy of the company that people shouldnt apply for job while he is employed with this current company and applying HSMP is equivalent to this. Knowing if he/she apply for HSMP before relieve from company (3months notice period), HR would initiate disciplinary action and terminate from job. So I was scared and resigned the job to count my relieving dates in a friendly manner.
I am totally confused what to do further. At this time, I have to speak to higher management on this to get this done and sure that they also the deny this. Waiting for my good luck.
Could you suggest me something on this.
Thanks,
Shiva

[quote="mjmani"]Shiva_jaime,
Can you try to get Earnings_Statement on company stationery for the required period? You need not go to HR for this, Finance team should be able to give you this and they are authorized to sign, seal as well. You can mention that you need this to apply for Housing Loan or you can say that you are co-signing your father's loan.
Best of luck! Normally a company policy CAN NOT have this kind of clause. It is illegal. If you want to fight it out, you can legally, but the whole purpose here is not that, it is about you getting Tier 1 approved. Sorry friend, I can only suggest you talk to your HR in a friendly manner that you are not trying to leave the company now, but may be later next year.[/quote]

mjmani

Need expert advice for Shiva's case

Post by mjmani » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:02 pm

Payslips and Bank Statements are two different sources of evidences. If payslips can not be attained, can Shiva do the following?
1) Get Bank Statements
2) Get a statement from Chartered Account that so and so is his earning for the given period
3) Also provide Payslips without company seal & sign. Explain clearly in Section 7 of VAF9 form AND in your Covering letter) the exact true reason for not being able to provide signed sealed payslips

I am confident you will get thru this hurdle.

Gurus, help please...
Best regards,
Mani

shiva_jaime
Newly Registered

Re: Need expert advice for Shiva's case

Post by shiva_jaime » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:40 am

Dear Mani,
Thanks for your suggestion and help, and it surprises me of another way to apply.
For your information, yesterday I spoke to VFS customer service about this. They clearly stated that payslips with attestation is the one of the main evidence for the previous earning and if not meeting this, BHC might reject the application.
Also I spoke to deepinder (subscriber of this forum) on this. He also clearly stated that application would be rejected.
Let us see what can do further. And again I am planning to negotiate to my management. Lets see how it works...

Others,
Please share your thoughts also...

Thanks,
Siva

[quote="mjmani"]Payslips and Bank Statements are two different sources of evidences. If payslips can not be attained, can Shiva do the following?
1) Get Bank Statements
2) Get a statement from Chartered Account that so and so is his earning for the given period
3) Also provide Payslips without company seal & sign. Explain clearly in Section 7 of VAF9 form AND in your Covering letter) the exact true reason for not being able to provide signed sealed payslips

I am confident you will get thru this hurdle.

Gurus, help please...[/quote]

kanwar25

Post by kanwar25 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:47 am

shiva
i understand your concern but we don't make our own policies and guidliens. It as per the BHC guidlines which we have to adhere and if not then we have to face the concequences .

ECO are very strict about the guidlines and moreover if you search the form people applications has been rejected on the basis that they have not provided the exact wordings which is required in the maintanence fund letter.

My suggestion would be if you can provide IT RETURNS which should also correlate with your earnings you recieved

My suggestion are on the basis of my experience ie from the last 1 year i am searching this forms on the differents forms of rejections and approvals

regards,

ramgsk

Applied Tier1 (General) on September 15 yesterday

Post by ramgsk » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:41 am

Let's see how does it go
Applied Tier1 from Hyderabad office yesterday September 15

Timelines
--------------------
Application Date : 15-Sep-08

Will keep you posted on the timelines and the documents submitted

Some observations for going to VFS center
--------------------------------------------------
• Get Demand Draft, if you come with cash then it is another queue inside for paying the cash, and then you would be given token for application submission, paying the cash at the counter in this busy season (Student season for September intake), took me 2 hours after I have entered inside, instead if we have DD the time we enter in we will be given a token number for submission, that way we can save a lot of time. This token number is a sequence number, if you delay for cash you will get a bigger number and you might have to wait until your turn for submission, I think I lost around 3 hours in that by paying in cash and have got a bigger token number
• Get an appointment booked, otherwise you have to spend a lot of time in the queue outside (again in this busy September intake season for students, you might end up standing in queue for more than an hour outside the center)
• Get Xerox of every copy of document you are submitting, filled in application form, even pay slips and bank statements
• Get Photo exactly as in the site http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/images/photo.jpg , showing whole of your face, should be OK if it shows neck, need not show shoulders[/img]
- Ramgsk

Shubhi

Post by Shubhi » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:27 am

Hi All

I am having a trouble getting statements from my bank as it will take atleast 7 working days to provide me with the same. Can I submit online statements?Do I need to get the statements stamped from the bank?

Do I need 3 seperate sets of statements? One of 12 months,another one of 3 months and one for Integra or only one 12 months statement will do?

Do I need to submit my original documents with Integra form or the photocopies will do?

Please suggest....

Thanks

Shubhi

Post by Shubhi » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:36 am

Can someone help me with the contents of 'Balance confirmation letter' from bank? what all information should be included in it?