ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form 8 questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Miranda0412
Mood:
Ireland

Form 8 questions

Post by Miranda0412 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:34 pm

Hi everyone,
I am filling up the Form 8 application as non-EU and not marriage. I have a few questions hopefully somebody can help me to solve.
1. My birthplace is bigger the number of squares in the form, should I add a few more squares underneath or abbreviate it.
2. What is the "person Id" and where can I find that number? I found this on the internet:
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/id ... %20refugee)%20and%20other%20applications
but I don't see the number in the last letter that I got with my IRP card.
3. When I arrived in Ireland I stayed for a few weeks in a temp place but I can remember the address, should I just skip that one? it is before the 5 years that count for the residence.
4. I had a student visa from June 2014 to June 2015 but I got my work permit on January 2015 and start to work, wrongly I didn't update my visa to a stamp 1 as my student visa was still valid. Section 5.4 ask about the time when I was a student, should I put in the "date to" June 2015 or January 2015.

Thank you so much!

hdsgnr

Re: Form 8 questions

Post by hdsgnr » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:50 pm

Hey,

- There's no need to add squares, just write the name with block capitals.
- Person-id is given to you once you apply for citizenship. If you are applying for the first time you can skip that, or just write N/A in or near the field.
- Well if you can't remember the exact street number, you could just give them an approximate address at least.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with visas, since I'm from a EU country and I can't answer the last question.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:32 am

1. Just write down whatever is shown in your birth certificate. Do not abbreviate it, and there’s no need to draw some extra squares.

2. A typical ‘student - work permit - stamp 4’ person will not have a person ID. Just put N/A there.

3. You will need to provide all addresses for the last 8 years. It is a legal requirement. If you can’t remember the details, at least put in the street name/no - anything you can remember.

4. Whenever you have a Stamp 2/2A/1A/1G.

Miranda0412
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Miranda0412 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:31 pm

thanks so much hdsgnr and littlerr for taking the time to reply to my questions.

A final question, I want to add my rent agreement as a proof of residence, should I add copies or the original ones? I am not sure if I am going to get them back.

Thanks again!

hdsgnr

Post by hdsgnr » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:04 pm

You definitely are not going the get it back if it's a proof of residence. I think the only original document that they require is your passport. Even your birth certificate will also have to be sent as a copy, but certified as true to the original (and translated).

There is no requirement for the proof of residence to be the original, so you can send them copies (not certified). I even sent them only regular copies of my tax certificates and P60 (they didn't return anything other than my passport).

Miranda0412
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Miranda0412 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:32 pm

I really appreciate your help hdsgnr,
Excuse me that I said it was the last question but I have another. I have some money invested in etoro trading app, it is around 15K, do you know if I have to include any of proof of that as part of the application.
I see the following in the instructions "copies of bank statements for all your bank accounts for at least ..."

hdsgnr

Post by hdsgnr » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:26 pm

Miranda0412 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:32 pm
etoro trading app
I never dealt with such platforms and I can only speculate that maybe yes, if you can use it as a bank account. But don't call me on that.
Maybe someone else with more knowledge on the matter can enlighten us here.