ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current Processing Times - Help us to help you

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

justice122

Post by justice122 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:52 pm

june20 wrote:Hi justice122,
I also managed to talk to HO today.I got the same reply what got in email.They are not even willing to tell me why my case is taking so long.They are not waiting for any documents from my side than why its taking this much time.
Excatly the same story mate
jai04 wrote:Hi Justice/Jun.. when did u guys apply and from where?.
I applied in 2nd week of june from UK and so did june 20 and so did grant1 and so did nam777 & many others here and on trackit.com .................. whts going on??

wht bout u jai04? when and where did u apply from?

God please please help us

jai04
Newly Registered

hi

Post by jai04 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:59 pm

Hi Justice...

I had applied on 16th july and got ack on 17th july..but nw really scared as u guys r waiting from june..
i dont knw whats goin on..

May God help us Alll....

Good Luck.

june20

Post by june20 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:54 pm

only reason that i can think of all this delay is that either cases have gone into somekind of verification or nobody has looked into the cases and they are lying somewhere in HO waiting fo someone to look into them.

ob40

Re: hi

Post by ob40 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:08 pm

jai04 wrote:Hi Justice...

I had applied on 16th july and got ack on 17th july..but nw really scared as u guys r waiting from june..
i dont knw whats goin on..

May God help us Alll....

Good Luck.
I called HO on Friday and they said that they have passed cases received upto 29 July to the case workers. It is possible that some of these cases are with case workers and are still not being worked on and it is also possible that if some efficient case worker finishes his/her cases they give them more cases.

It is very stressful indeed.

nnc02r
Newly Registered

Hang in there guys ...

Post by nnc02r » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:29 am

Just hang in there guys. I know its hard the waiting without any sort of idea whats happening. But thats the only way. Some are lucky to get their applications processed faster than others.

If you have a good reason fax and UTR, but give good evidence to substantiate your request. Otherwise it will get ignored.

The days to look forward to are Wed & Thur. Those are the days that usually ppl get their documents back.

NutanRaj

Re: Switching from WP to tier1(General)

Post by NutanRaj » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:16 am

NutanRaj wrote:
akash08 wrote:
test1234 wrote:Switching from WP to tier1(General)

Hi GodnLuck,

I was going through the forum, my case also looks same as of yours[GodnLuck]. Could you please spare a few moments to clear my doubts?

I am an employee of an Indian company. I am on deputation and working in UK on a work permit for more than a year or so. Every month, I get paid living expenses in UK and salary is paid in India in Indian currency.

1. Could you please let me know whether I can claim points for salary paid in India in Previous earnings category. You mentioned, you claimed points for both UK allowance and Indian salary. Did you use Band D upliftment ratio (5.3) for Indian salary conversion?

Can I show income from both the countries or just income from India?

2. Can I submit three months UK bank statement as a proof to support minimum maintenance funds (£800) in Maintenance category?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Hi,

Probably I belong to the same company as you. There is not many company with this structure anyway:) Anyway, no you can not use the 5.3 factor at all. The equation is simple: you can use 5.3 only when the earning is made in India, that means when the earning was made, you were physically present and working in India. There is no ambiguity about that. So, you can use 5.3 only for the period you were in India. Unless you have age with your side, you have waited too long. Best is to apply immediately when you come at onsite. then you can show offshore salary and multiply by 5.3.
Akash and Test 1234

I was in similar situation ...now got HMSP..but this is not the correct thread to discuss..please drop me a line to my email id: 'nutanraj@yahoo.com' or see my postings in other threads for this problem...

Regards
Raj
Akash and Test 1234

Sorry please send mai to raj.nutan@yahoo.com

Webcowgirl
Newly Registered

Asked about my status via email and got this reply today

Post by Webcowgirl » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:55 am

Good morning XXXXX,

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

We do not provide progress updates on Tier 1 applications.

We currently have no service standards for Tier 1 applications.

Caseworkers are currently working on applications which were received on the 1st September.

Kind regards.

YYYY ZZZZZ

So the good news is that they are WORKING on stuff received in September, which is a huge improvement in speed, but I have no idea why they are taking so much time to get through them! Mine went in the beginning of August and I really don't want to have to cancel my trip with my sister, who's flying out from America to travel with me ...

Customer Service Advisor

ob40

Re: Asked about my status via email and got this reply today

Post by ob40 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:21 pm

Webcowgirl wrote:Good morning XXXXX,

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

We do not provide progress updates on Tier 1 applications.

We currently have no service standards for Tier 1 applications.

Caseworkers are currently working on applications which were received on the 1st September.

Kind regards.

YYYY ZZZZZ

So the good news is that they are WORKING on stuff received in September, which is a huge improvement in speed, but I have no idea why they are taking so much time to get through them! Mine went in the beginning of August and I really don't want to have to cancel my trip with my sister, who's flying out from America to travel with me ...

Customer Service Advisor
Hi,

I saw on another forum that they were processing applications received on 21 August. I called and they confirmed that they were working on applications received on 21 August. You may be right that they have sped up a lot as till Friday they were on applications received on 29 July. I dont know how they managed to make such a leap, i.e., 4 weeks of applications in 2 working days. Also case working on an application does not necessarily mean that they are being actively worked on, they may only been assigned.

Rgds OB40

bbn1982
Newly Registered

got the passport stamped

Post by bbn1982 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:58 pm

Hi all

I received passports of myself and my wife after tier 1 stamping today. It took me by surprise because based on the posts in this thread I was expecting it to take at least 8 weeks but there seems to be some sudden speed up in application processing by uk bia. Here are details from me:

applied on: 22nd July from UK
category: wp -> tier 1 (with dependent)
passport stamped on: 5th sept
docs received on: 12th sept (I collected them from post office today 8)

I was a bit nervous about 2 things:
1) I had given a letter from my college (not univ) as a proof of english language.
2) had to give a temporary statement (along with 12 monthly statements) from HSBC as a proof of earnings to make sure that my latest statement was not older than 15 days.

But finally everything worked out well!!

I would like to thank everybody on this forum because this forum was my main source of information.

Thanks again

salim
Newly Registered

Post by salim » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:18 pm

hi .. I have applied to Tier 1 general on 22- july ..called the HO today and I was told that my application has been allocated to a case worker today.
Any idea how long will it usually take to get the decision ?

Satish_acc
Newly Registered

Post by Satish_acc » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:11 am

Hi Guys, I applied on Aug 26th but till today.. I didn't get any updates on my stamping........ Worried guys....... :(

bbn1982
Newly Registered

Post by bbn1982 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:49 am

salim wrote:hi .. I have applied to Tier 1 general on 22- july ..called the HO today and I was told that my application has been allocated to a case worker today.
Any idea how long will it usually take to get the decision ?
Hi Salim

From what I read in some other posts caseworkers usually arrive at a decision in a week or so in simple cases. Given that my visa was approved on 5th and I received docs on 12th, and if it takes a week in getting your application through after it was assigned to a caseworker you might have to wait for another couple of weeks before you get your docs back.....or may be even earlier than that because these ppl are acting swiftly of late.

Cheers!

senspreet
Newly Registered

Post by senspreet » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:19 am

Hi Friends,

WP -> Tier 1
I have applied on 17 Aug and got the confirmation letter for payment on 18 th aug...till now i didnt get any reply :(

did anyone applied during this period or before and got any updates..pl post your comments

darksun

Post by darksun » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:57 am

Don't panic guys.. It's been only 1 month, don't expect to hear anything solid before 6-7 weeks... I know it's a tough wait but don't worry :)

itguy_uk

Post by itguy_uk » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:57 am

senspreet wrote:Hi Friends,

WP -> Tier 1
I have applied on 17 Aug and got the confirmation letter for payment on 18 th aug...till now i didnt get any reply :(

did anyone applied during this period or before and got any updates..pl post your comments

WP to Tier-1 applied from UK without dependents

Applied on 21st Aug'08
Refernce Number Date : 26th Aug'08
Payment Detected : 27th Aug'08
Result : Awaiting

Called HO today. They are processing applications received till 21st Aug'08. It seems, suddenly HO is processing the Tier-1 applications very fast..Lets all hope for the good news in couple of weeks time..

wp2tier2008
Newly Registered

Post by wp2tier2008 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:59 pm

Hi Friends, finally its good news.

I have applied on 16th July and got the confirmation letter for payment on 17 th July. I recived passports including dependents along with all documents yestderday. Since I had HSMP approval letter which I recived from HO during Feb. I called HO during first week of sep and recived various answers from CWs, every time they gave different ans. But once I got the correct(100%) response, he told me exactly that my application is processed and waiting for managers approval and I should be receiving by start of this week. I recived all documents yestderday as he mentioned, so I belive if you can speak to best CW you will get correct response. I have discussed with atleast 8 CWs, no one was able to provide correct update.

All the best

jai04
Newly Registered

HSMP done.. dates below..!

Post by jai04 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:37 am

Hi All...

Finally happy news for me guys.. i hve got my ec done and received my passport with visa stamped on it.
Just fyi guys, plzz see the beloe dates(applied from uk):

Application for HSMP made- 29/02/2008
Received ack for the above- 01/03/2008
Received the HSMP approval letter- 10/06/2008.
Applied for EC - 16/07/2008
Received ack for the above-17/07/2008
Received all docs(passport with stamped visa)-17/09/2008
The decision was made on 09/09/2008.
The visa stamping date on my passport-09/09/2008 and is valid for 3yrs.
They had posted my docs on 16th Sep by royal mail and I received on 17th Sep'2008.
SO finally I am relieved guys... wish u all the very best..and Will pray to God that you all receive ur docs ASAP.

Good Luck
Jai.

tier1waiting
Newly Registered

hi

Post by tier1waiting » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:19 am

i called them today. seems like their service has improved a lot. even their tone dial options have changed, and you only have to wait for about 5 minutes of ringing before someone picks up the phone, compared to 30 minutes before and then someone hanging the phone up. lol

anyway, i called today after waiting for exactly 10 weeks as of today, and was told they sent my application result early today. so hopefully i will get them back tomorrow, fingers crossed.

details: tier 1 general application sent of july 10 to uk home office, payment acknowledgement received on july 11 (no UTR treatment requested)

tier1.applicant
Newly Registered

Post by tier1.applicant » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:27 am

All,

Checked today with HO and was told my documents were sent out yesterday. The dosucments were received at home this morning.

My timelines

1. Application date 21st July
2. Ack receipt date 23rd July

Regards

amargaddam
Newly Registered

Waiting for stamping...

Post by amargaddam » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:16 pm

Hi Guys,

Thx for very helpful information on this thread. Really appreciate your time and inputs.

I have got HSMP approval in March 08 and my approval letter was valid till 14 Sept 2008.

I have applied for Tier1 stamping on 6 Aug 08. I have not got my passports back yet and I do not think it has been assigned to any case worker yet.

Will case worked consider my case when they work on it as 14 Sep has passed?

Any advise/inputs appreciated.

Thx,
Amar

vijayvvd

stil under consideration visa getting expired

Post by vijayvvd » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:10 pm

Hi ,
I called CC .....same answer stil under consideration.
I have offer in hand , present WP -Visa getiing expired in another 10 days. If something happens in next week then only I have hope

trenmendous pressure now.

I saw some posts where people were able to speak to case worker.
I am calling CC every alternate day , but the guys at other end are looking at system and telling me the status.
No body is suggesting that he can put me to case worker.........Any pointers/help in this direction

Now my timelines are
Wp to Tier 1 ==appln within uk
Applied on 08/08/08
Payment deducted: 14/08/08
Reference Number received on :18/08/08
Urgent Treatment confirmed on 04/09/08
Case is with Case worker confirmed on 08/09/08

justice122

Post by justice122 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:56 pm

wht u guys are going on about?? people who applied in june and july are still waiting and u applied in AUG and already wants ur results back. hang in there mate. not everything in life is that easy. it is taking atleast 2 months by HO to get back to applicants from the time u have applied.

Hope this helps
itguy_uk wrote:

WP -> Tier 1

Applied on 21st Aug'08

Called HO today. They are processing applications received till 21st Aug'08. It seems, suddenly HO is processing the Tier-1 applications very fast..Lets all hope for the good news in couple of weeks time..

itguy_uk

Post by itguy_uk » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:26 am

justice122 wrote:wht u guys are going on about?? people who applied in june and july are still waiting and u applied in AUG and already wants ur results back. hang in there mate. not everything in life is that easy. it is taking atleast 2 months by HO to get back to applicants from the time u have applied.

Hope this helps
itguy_uk wrote:

WP -> Tier 1

Applied on 21st Aug'08

I agree. But there are applicants who has got approved and received their documents back within 5 weeks. We all pray for the people who applied in June / July and still waiting for the result. Mate, But it doesn't mean that we are taking things easy..

darksun

Re: stil under consideration visa getting expired

Post by darksun » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:32 am

You can't talk to your caseworker like that... Try to not to ask this on the phone. Caseworker will only contact you if they need an extra paper or something... People talked to their caseworker on this forum received an email or call from caseworker... All the best...
vijayvvd wrote:Hi ,
I called CC .....same answer stil under consideration.
I have offer in hand , present WP -Visa getiing expired in another 10 days. If something happens in next week then only I have hope

trenmendous pressure now.

I saw some posts where people were able to speak to case worker.
I am calling CC every alternate day , but the guys at other end are looking at system and telling me the status.
No body is suggesting that he can put me to case worker.........Any pointers/help in this direction

Now my timelines are
Wp to Tier 1 ==appln within uk
Applied on 08/08/08
Payment deducted: 14/08/08
Reference Number received on :18/08/08
Urgent Treatment confirmed on 04/09/08
Case is with Case worker confirmed on 08/09/08

justice122

Post by justice122 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:26 am

Any updates?? Anyone called HO today??