ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

georgeecs2020
Newly Registered

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by georgeecs2020 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:17 pm

=UPDATE=

Hello All, just to let you know i just received the brown envelope this morning. Here's my timeline:
Applied biometrics: 10-08-2020
APPROVED: 13-08-2020
Invitation letter: 16-11-2020
Date on letter: 07-11-2020
Ceremony tomorrow 17-11-2020

But: my certificate is at my local register office, and not the one i have chosen on the application. Not a big deal but wonder if that was the reason of delay.

Good luck to all and special thanks to baybar for his accurate timeline.

Szrsrts
Mood:

Post by Szrsrts » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:33 pm

Hello people, just to let you know i just received the brown envelope this morning.
Here's my timeline:

Applied biometrics: 10-08-2020
APPROVED: 13-08-2020
Invitation letter received: 16-11-2020
Date on letter: 09-11-2020

KCC Council Maidstone

Good luck to all and special thanks to baybar for his accurate timeline.

Mo6193
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Mo6193 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:40 pm

Hi
I am seeking some advice regarding invitation letter. I was approved early Aug but still haven't received my invitation letter. Contacted ho but no response. My question is can I contact the caseworker regarding the delay in invitation letter?
Thanks

macemace
Newly Registered
Hungary

Post by macemace » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:52 pm

Finally, my brown letter has arrived exactly on the day 12 weeks after I was approved.

Cornwall council.

Application sent: 29-06-2020
Biometrics: 23-07-2020
APPROVED: 11-08-2020
Invitation letter: 16-11-2020
Date on letter: 05-11-2020
Ceremony tomorrow 17-11-2020

Aaaand here we go to the Royal Marines.

I know how much this waiting sucks, especially if it's work or VISA related so just hang in there, it will arrive!

hamzakhani
Newly Registered

Post by hamzakhani » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:14 pm

dragon098 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:33 pm
londuk1 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:04 pm

oh my god you are right.
I just searched on Wandsworth council online ceremony booking system with my approval letter reference number and they got my certificate. woohoo
So my invitation letter should be on the way to me this week.
Hi Londuk1, I am from Wandsworth council too, Could you please tell me when you go to Wandsworth council page "Please enter your home office reference" This is the reference number that is within our approval email isn't it. And please do update your status. Good Luck
Hi Londuk1
same case here im also from wandsworth council can u tell us the full procedure please

londuk1
Mood:
Greece

Post by londuk1 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:31 pm

hamzakhani wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:14 pm
dragon098 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:33 pm
londuk1 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:04 pm

oh my god you are right.
I just searched on Wandsworth council online ceremony booking system with my approval letter reference number and they got my certificate. woohoo
So my invitation letter should be on the way to me this week.
Hi Londuk1, I am from Wandsworth council too, Could you please tell me when you go to Wandsworth council page "Please enter your home office reference" This is the reference number that is within our approval email isn't it. And please do update your status. Good Luck
Hi Londuk1
same case here im also from wandsworth council can u tell us the full procedure please

Hi both,

Yes you can search for your certificate on Wandsworth Council website, just follow this path:
https://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/births-de ... -ceremony/

and click on "make a booking"

Then just use your Full name exactly as its on your application and your home office reference number that you can find on the approval letter. if it doesn't work try without the first 0.
if it proceeds to the next page then it means the council has your certificate.

However, I called the council again today to ask if I can book a private ceremony without the letter and the lady was very clear that I need to wait for the letter first.

On the website it says that group ceremonies have been postponed due to the lockdown restriction but you can pay £100 for a private one(virtual)

Hope. this helps

Jeannot88

Post by Jeannot88 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:47 pm

Good to see loads of mid-August approvals! Well underway I guess, but anybody got their invitation for approvals in late Sept? e.g. I was approved 23 Sept.
Thanks

tauqeer81
India

Post by tauqeer81 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:59 pm

Hello everyone,

Today I got an email from the Coventry City council that they have got my certificate -- This is great news.

Unfortunately, they can't book for the ceremony without the invitation letter. So now I am waiting for the invitation letter. Hopefully, I get it tomorrow. Coventry council members are very supportive and they reply immediately.

Applied - 21 May 202
Approved - 11 Sept 2020

TTKX
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by TTKX » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:03 pm

Hi everyone
Wondering if anyone from manchester got their invitation yet.
I was approved and got the letter by email on 21-09-2020.

Thanks

otuel
Poland

Post by otuel » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:49 pm

Frou01 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:12 pm
I’m so happy to say, my invitation letter has arrived now.

Dated 5th November.

I have been approved 10 August.

My certificate has arrived last week with my council and I have already booked a ceremony for beginning December.
However as my last piece of puzzle is now completed I can book a private ceremony and will make up my mind if I will book the sooner appointment offered by my Registry Office.

Dear everyone, thank you for all support and patience.

I will be around as I truly hope you all have your good news soon.

Bless x
Congratulations Frou01 :)

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:32 pm

otuel wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:49 pm
Frou01 wrote:

Dated 5th November.

My certificate has arrived last week with my council and I have already booked a ceremony for beginning December.
However as my last piece of puzzle is now completed I can book a private ceremony and will make up my mind if I will book the sooner appointment offered by my Registry Office.

Bless x
Thank you! :) Happy days!

JanisZiemelis
Newly Registered
Latvia

Post by JanisZiemelis » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:10 pm

Frou01 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:32 pm
otuel wrote:
Frou01 wrote:

Dated 5th November.

Bless x
Frou01,

Just a suggestion, get in touch with the B'ham Register Team (you should have their email, if you received the invitation from them) and ask them if there are any late cancellations. And if there are not, ask them to keep you up to date.

I say this, because, my ceremony was due to take place next week (24th) with the earliest private ceremony being available tomorrow (17th). However, instead of getting the private ceremony, I asked them if there were any cancellations and as luck would have it - someone cancelled their tomorrow's appointment. So I'm going to attend in their place instead - a week earlier and without having to get the private ceremony!

Just a thought :wink:

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:22 pm

JanisZiemelis wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:10 pm
Frou01 wrote:
otuel wrote:
Frou01 wrote:

Dated 5th November.

Bless x
Frou01,

Just a suggestion, get in touch with the B'ham Register Team (you should have their email, if you received the invitation from them) and ask them if there are any late cancellations. And if there are not, ask them to keep you up to date.

I say this, because, my ceremony was due to take place next week (24th) with the earliest private ceremony being available tomorrow (17th). However, instead of getting the private ceremony, I asked them if there were any cancellations and as luck would have it - someone cancelled their tomorrow's appointment. So I'm going to attend in their place instead - a week earlier and without having to get the private ceremony!

Wow! You’re a star! Thank you so much for that great suggestion. Bless. :)

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:33 pm

JanisZiemelis wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:10 pm
Frou01 wrote:
otuel wrote:
Frou01 wrote:

Dated 5th November.

Bless x
Frou01,

Enjoy your ceremony tomorrow. There’s another one from that group attending there tomorrow.

Please let me know how it was! :)

Sent already email now to them. Thanks again for your suggestion. Much appreciated!

Mo6193
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Mo6193 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:42 pm

Anyone still waiting for invitation letter late July/early Aug approvals.or I'm the only one on this forum?

minikube
Newly Registered

Post by minikube » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:06 pm

End of May approval, I am still waiting for the invite.

SwiftKey
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by SwiftKey » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:09 pm

approved September 9
invitation letter dated November 4
invitation letter received November 16

prior to receiving this letter today, i called up nottingham city registrar this morning, and they said they dont have my certificate. im hoping this is not true. i will call tomorrow to arrange ceremony.

SwiftKey
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by SwiftKey » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:11 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:21 am
SwiftKey wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:41 am
congratulations! when was your application been approved CULLINAN ?
Thank you. 14th Nov.

you have helped a lot to calm those who are really anxious in that ilr/citizenship application thread.

nnn15

Post by nnn15 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:25 pm

minikube wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:06 pm
But your certificate arrived at the council, right? Have you tried calling the HO and asking about the letter? Some other councils don't require a ceremony invitation letter, only the approval letter. If the council doesn't allow you to attend the ceremony without the ceremony invitation letter and the letter doesn't arrive in reasonable time, you could try asking your MP to convince the council to let you attend the ceremony, it might be faster than trying to deal with the HO.

I'm a spring approval, mine certificate hasn't arrived and neither did the letter, so I just have to wait and bother the HO from time to time to remind them about my application...

gk642
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gk642 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:57 pm

Hi,
Received my ceremony letter from the local council. They have sent me a Citizenship Ceremony Form to fill where I have to provide my address and other details.

I have moved house just after the decision was made and now have a new address different from my application. I have access to both the addresses but want to check if using new address is a hassle and something I should avoid. Any recommendations? Thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:02 pm

gk642 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:57 pm
Hi,
Received my ceremony letter from the local council. They have sent me a Citizenship Ceremony Form to fill where I have to provide my address and other details.

I have moved house just after the decision was made and now have a new address different from my application. I have access to both the addresses but want to check if using new address is a hassle and something I should avoid. Any recommendations? Thanks!
Which address did you receive the invitation letter from council?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

gk642
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gk642 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:21 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:02 pm
gk642 wrote:
Hi,

@CULLINAN, I received the letter on old address.
Also, my new address is still with in the same council. It's just that I have moved to a new address, I can take the opportunity to change it but not sure if there is any process involved like informing HO as well. If it is not mandatory to change at this stage then I will just stick with old address and avoid any further delay. Thanks!

minikube
Newly Registered

Post by minikube » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:41 pm

nnn15 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:25 pm
minikube wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:06 pm
But your certificate arrived at the council, right? Have you tried calling the HO and asking about the letter? Some other councils don't require a ceremony invitation letter, only the approval letter. If the council doesn't allow you to attend the ceremony without the ceremony invitation letter and the letter doesn't arrive in reasonable time, you could try asking your MP to convince the council to let you attend the ceremony, it might be faster than trying to deal with the HO.

I'm a spring approval, mine certificate hasn't arrived and neither did the letter, so I just have to wait and bother the HO from time to time to remind them about my application...
My particular council doesn't allow ceremony without Home Office invite.

I've tried calling, sending emails, complaint and now have sent them a written letter.

No response/engagement since May, unfortunately.

lmannova

Post by lmannova » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:52 pm

Mo6193 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:42 pm
Anyone still waiting for invitation letter late July/early Aug approvals.or I'm the only one on this forum?
Nooo, don't worry, you are not the only one. :D

I am still here...

Approved on 20th July and still waiting for an invitation. :[

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:57 pm

gk642 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:21 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:02 pm
gk642 wrote:
Hi,

@CULLINAN, I received the letter on old address.
Also, my new address is still with in the same council. It's just that I have moved to a new address, I can take the opportunity to change it but not sure if there is any process involved like informing HO as well. If it is not mandatory to change at this stage then I will just stick with old address and avoid any further delay. Thanks!
Have you received ceremony invitation from HO already? If not, I would advise you to keep the old address to avoid delays and complications.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.