ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (LR) documents help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

esmur
Newly Registered
Bahrain

SET (LR) documents help

Post by esmur » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:17 pm

Hi,

I have a question regarding the evidence needed for the SET (LR). I just submitted my online application and on the Document Checklist they are asking for:
  • 1. Evidence you have to prove the relationship with xxx (for example marriage certificates),
    and correspondence addressed either to you jointly, or in both of your names, or addressed individually to you at the same address, to cover the last two years
There is no further information on this on the guidance notes - how many letters should I provide?
Do they need to be from 3 different sources and equally spaced (just like FLR(M) visa)?

• 2. Proof of Applicants' relationship status as the married or civil partner of xxx
(How is this different that the first one (i.e. marriage certificate)?
  • 3. Evidence you have to prove the relationship with your child / children (for example full birth certificates)
  • 4. Document(s) showing your child / children's immigration status such as passports, biometric residence
    cards, or vignettes
If providing passport, do I need to upload all pages?
  • 5. Document(s) showing Spouses' immigration status such as a passport, biometric residence
    card, or vignette
  • 6. The passport issued by xxx for Applicant
Makes perfect sense
  • 7. Current Biometric Residence Permit Applicant
Makes perfect sense
  • 8. All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or
    remain in the UK
Makes perfect sense

The last 3 documents were expected. But I am still not sure about the first 5 items (specially #1 as it is not mentioned in the guidance notes)

I read some contradicting advice about this on the forum - a post they said you should provide them and another one said you don't need them. What will happen if I don't provide sufficient evidence for item 1?

For those who submitted their SET(LR) applications, can you please advice?

Thanks,
E

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: SET (LR) documents help

Post by ajitu92 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:24 pm

esmur wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:17 pm
Hi,

I have a question regarding the evidence needed for the SET (LR). I just submitted my online application and on the Document Checklist they are asking for:
  • 1. Evidence you have to prove the relationship with xxx (for example marriage certificates),
    and correspondence addressed either to you jointly, or in both of your names, or addressed individually to you at the same address, to cover the last two years
There is no further information on this on the guidance notes - how many letters should I provide?
Do they need to be from 3 different sources and equally spaced (just like FLR(M) visa)?

• 2. Proof of Applicants' relationship status as the married or civil partner of xxx
(How is this different that the first one (i.e. marriage certificate)?
  • 3. Evidence you have to prove the relationship with your child / children (for example full birth certificates)
  • 4. Document(s) showing your child / children's immigration status such as passports, biometric residence
    cards, or vignettes
  • 5. Document(s) showing Spouses' immigration status such as a passport, biometric residence
    card, or vignette
  • 6. The passport issued by xxx for Applicant
Makes perfect sense
  • 7. Current Biometric Residence Permit Applicant
Makes perfect sense
  • 8. All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or
    remain in the UK
Makes perfect sense

The last 3 documents were expected. But I am still not sure about the first 5 items (specially #1 as it is not mentioned in the guidance notes)

I read some contradicting advice about this on the forum - a post they said you should provide them and another one said you don't need them. What will happen if I don't provide sufficient evidence for item 1?

For those who submitted their SET(LR) applications, can you please advice?

Thanks,
E
Set LR applications are individual ONLY and there is no concept of dependants for Set LR applications. The checklist that is generated is generic. The only documents you need to submit are: Passports covering last 10 years (including current), current BRP, evidence of meeting the English language requirement and Life in the UK test (pass) reference number. None of the other documents are required. Also, it is best practice to upload all pages of the passport(s), but as a minimum you have to upload the bio page(s) and any pages with immigration stamps.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

esmur
Newly Registered
Bahrain

Re: SET (LR) documents help

Post by esmur » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:44 pm

Thanks. That's really helpful