ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Cure123

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by Cure123 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:11 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:58 pm
Cure123 wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:52 pm
regularuser wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:51 am
regularuser wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:34 pm
Thanks Cullinan for your quick reply.

Let's wait and watch.

Sure I will update the forum but the strange thing when I came back from Home country Immigration officer didn't ask me a single question just stamp it and told me go for 14 day quarantine :shock:
Hi All

Today received an update from Nationality team that our application for British citizenship is approved and now wait for the ceremony letters from them.

Finally the wait is over.

Special Thanks to Cullinan for your input regarding survey email. :D
Congratulations, can you please let us know when did you apply and user which route?
Tier 1 entrepreneur, ILR if you simply search the users previous posts.
Thanks, but that's doesn't answer my questions about the date of the application.

regularuser
India

Post by regularuser » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:50 pm

Thanks Cure123

Applied in mid of March before lockdown, biometric given on first week of June, survey received in mid of June.
After hearing from Cullinan, I have send an email to HO and they replied on next day that you application was approved and now waiting for the invitation letter from HO.

Good Luck to everyone waiting for the outcome.

regularuser
India

Post by regularuser » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:55 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:21 pm
Congrats @regularuser!
Thanks Cullinan

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:24 pm

regularuser wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:55 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Congrats @regularuser!
Thanks Cullinan
Keep us updated when you receive a ceremony invitation. Seems like your application may have been approved way earlier than a decision was pushed. In this case, you probably would be receiving the ceremony invitation soon.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

romaho
Newly Registered

Post by romaho » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:45 pm

Hi all!

I have my UKVCAS appointment on Saturday and have uploaded all my supporting documents. I have stupidly only just noticed the instruction to bring all original supporting documents to the appointment. The issue is that I asked my referees just to send me a scanned version of the form over email as I knew I was uploading them to the site. The scans look clear and are the right file size etc.

Does anyone know how critical it is to have the original referee forms at the appointment? Are they checked or is it just as a back-up in case the scan isn't good enough quality? I have time to get them couriered to me if that's safest but thought I'd check in case it's not necessary.

Thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:22 am

romaho wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:45 pm
Hi all!

I have my UKVCAS appointment on Saturday and have uploaded all my supporting documents. I have stupidly only just noticed the instruction to bring all original supporting documents to the appointment. The issue is that I asked my referees just to send me a scanned version of the form over email as I knew I was uploading them to the site. The scans look clear and are the right file size etc.

Does anyone know how critical it is to have the original referee forms at the appointment? Are they checked or is it just as a back-up in case the scan isn't good enough quality? I have time to get them couriered to me if that's safest but thought I'd check in case it's not necessary.

Thanks!
Carrying originals is an advisory in case scans needs to be redone. Just self-submit your documents to UKVI before appointment. Carry passport, BRP and appointment confirmation. That should be enough. Nothing is checked except passport and appointment QR code.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

regularuser
India

Post by regularuser » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:08 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:24 pm
regularuser wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:55 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Congrats @regularuser!
Thanks Cullinan
Keep us updated when you receive a ceremony invitation. Seems like your application may have been approved way earlier than a decision was pushed. In this case, you probably would be receiving the ceremony invitation soon.
Hi Cullinan

Hope so, but so strange that they never bothered to email or even send letter to applicant to inform their decision.

I have also contacted local council and they said they did not receive our certificates.

Let see now how long it takes them send our invitation letter.

I will keep posted here :roll:

tkp
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by tkp » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:21 pm

Great news for me today. I applied on 23/08/2020 and got a decision on 19/11/2020.
My timeline is here: british-citizenship/naturalisation-appl ... l#p1962236

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:22 pm

tkp wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:21 pm
Great news for me today. I applied on 23/08/2020 and got a decision on 19/11/2020.
Congratulations, how did you get the decision (letter, email)? and did the approval letter/email mention 12 weeks till you get an invitation letter for your ceremony? What is the text of the approval/letter/email?

tkp
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by tkp » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:38 pm

tier21419 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:22 pm
tkp wrote:
Congratulations, how did you get the decision (letter, email)? and did the approval letter/email mention 12 weeks till you get an invitation letter for your ceremony? What is the text of the approval/letter/email?
I got the letter by email. There is no mention about 12 weeks. This is how the letter said:
"Whilst we will continue to work closely with our local authorities to expand the provision of citizenship ceremonies, including the expansion of availability of virtual ceremonies, due to the changing restrictions and guidance relating to COVID-19, it is not possible at this time to advise when your certificate will be despatched. We will update or website with any new information, in particular in relation to the time it might take to despatch certificates. Please be assured that once you receive your Citizenship Ceremony Invitation Letter you will still have up to six months within which to complete your ceremony."

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:51 pm

tkp wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:38 pm
tier21419 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:22 pm
tkp wrote:
I got the letter by email. There is no mention about 12 weeks. This is how the letter said:
"Whilst we will continue to work closely with our local authorities to expand the provision of citizenship ceremonies, including the expansion of availability of virtual ceremonies, due to the changing restrictions and guidance relating to COVID-19, it is not possible at this time to advise when your certificate will be despatched. We will update or website with any new information, in particular in relation to the time it might take to despatch certificates. Please be assured that once you receive your Citizenship Ceremony Invitation Letter you will still have up to six months within which to complete your ceremony."
Thanks!

surabhi

Post by surabhi » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:54 pm

Hi,
Can anyone advice the email id for UKVI?

thankyou

Nature11
Mood:

Post by Nature11 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:41 pm

Hello friends,

I have received my naturalisation approval letter today by post after a long wait.
Applied in June 2020 ,survey email received on 6 November and than I did send email to Furthernationalaity about the update. Very happy today :D and I hope I will get my ceremony invitation soon... for more info please check my timeline in timeline thread.

Thank you :D

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:10 am

Nature11 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:41 pm
Hello friends,

I have received my naturalisation approval letter today by post after a long wait.
Applied in June 2020 ,survey email received on 6 November and than I did send email to Furthernationalaity about the update. Very happy today :D and I hope I will get my ceremony invitation soon... for more info please check my timeline in timeline thread.

Congrats! Did you send the enquiry on 16th November? I am assuming you would have sent on 15th or 16th and same day your approval was printed. That confirms again the decision was made earlier but just not pushed earlier like myself. You have almost identical timeline like myself.
Last edited by CULLINAN on Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nature11
Mood:

Post by Nature11 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:11 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:10 am
Nature11 wrote:
Hello friends,

Congrats! Did you send the enquiry on 16th November?
Thank you , I did send email on 10 November

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:14 am

Nature11 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:11 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:10 am
Nature11 wrote:
Hello friends,

Congrats! Did you send the enquiry on 16th November?
Thank you , I did send email on 10 November
Ah okay. But you are the third one who has had a successful decision pushed after survey email enquiry. That shows a pattern at least and HO’s incompetency.

novalicary
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by novalicary » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:35 am

Exciting news!

Both my child and I were approved today after having submitted IDV app (group applicants) on Sept 5. Original application For both submitted July 12.

Will post on timeline now.

Thank you all for your help.

novalicary
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by novalicary » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:51 am

novalicary wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:35 am
Exciting news!

Both my child and I were approved today after having submitted IDV app (group applicants) on Sept 5. Original application For both submitted July 12.

Will post on timeline now.

Thank you all for your help.

Should also say we had received a 45 day email to enroll in person biometrics for child. When contacted HO they said to ignore.

surabhi

Post by surabhi » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:19 am

congrats!!
So did you receive 2 letters in email or 1 letter?

novalicary
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by novalicary » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:34 am

One letter relating to me and in the body of the email introducing the attachment relating to me, this:

Your child’s application has also been decided. Their application has been successful but as there is no requirement for them to attend a ceremony details about their certificate will follow separately within the next twelve weeks.

surabhi

Post by surabhi » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:00 am

Ohh..I should really bang my heads now.:-)
After seeing your messgae, I just double checked my letter(email attachment).The last line in the letter is saying
'your children's application also has been approved'

this is the only line they mentioned about childrens application.

This is just mentioned as the last line very close to normal bla blas (data protection act etc).This is why I haven't noticed.

I think people are thinking(at least I was), individual applicantions will get their own letter(may be send to lead applicant's email address).This is what they did during ILR time.

Thank you very much for clarification and leding me in right direction.

novalicary
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by novalicary » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:10 am

Great news for you!! I can imagine your relief!!

This is such a great forum. Every step of the way it has served to reassured and clarified. Happy to have been of help myself for once!

Can you post when you get your letter and anything relating to your child?

I think we are similar situations. I will do same.

surabhi

Post by surabhi » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:11 am

Sure I will update the forum.

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:14 am

****** Manchester Fountain Street UKVCAS parking ******

We have an appointment on Monday at Manchester Fountain Street center. Any recommendations on Parking (both free and paid)?
thanks.

Zimbo2Brits
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Zimbo2Brits » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:51 am

So what survey email should I send? I believe my application has been approved already.