ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Statutory Declaration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zeus121
Ireland

Citizenship Statutory Declaration

Post by zeus121 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:15 am

I received a letter last week from citizenship department to send 2018 P60, employments details summary for 2019 and asked me to complete the attached statutory declaration, and have it witnessed and return to the office within 28 days but there was nothing attached. I have emailed them last week to let them know but haven't got any reply yet. Shall I just send the P60 and employments details summary and write a letter to them to let them know I never received any declaration form?

ssireland
India

Re: Citizenship Statutory Declaration

Post by ssireland » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:50 am

What's the content of statutory declaration

zeus121
Ireland

Post by zeus121 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:56 am

There was nothing attached so no idea.

maximus_
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by maximus_ » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:23 pm

What a circus...
Unbelievable we are dealing with a bunch of non-professionals.

kalyna
Ukraine

Post by kalyna » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:46 pm

They probably talking about statutory declaration attached to application form which you had to submit with your application and supporting documents.

Miranda0412
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Miranda0412 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:53 pm

If you go to page 32 of the application form there is a statutory declaration, you have to complete that in presence of the witness that can be a solicitor or a notary.

https://1p9fz05mazr28icdhq6jweym-wpengi ... m-CTZ3.pdf

zeus121
Ireland

Post by zeus121 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:08 pm

That statutory declaration was already signed and sent with the application back in 2018. The letter says to complete attached statutory declaration and have it witnessed but there was nothing attached in the letter so not sure what it is.

KinsaleMan
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by KinsaleMan » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:47 am

According to citizenship portal (https://www.irishimmigration.ie/citizen ... eremonies/) check Declaration of fidelity to the Irish nation and loyalty to the State header you have to declare fidelity to the Irish nation and loyalty to the State. So I presume it's not same thing you signed on application form.
The declaration states that you will respect the rights, freedoms and laws of Ireland. You will be given the words of the declaration on the day and you won’t have to memorise them.

You do not become an Irish citizen until you make your declaration.

Declaration of fidelity to the Irish nation and loyalty to the State

“I (name) having applied to the Minister for Justice and Equality for a certificate of naturalisation, hereby solemnly declare my fidelity to the Irish nation and my loyalty to the State.

I undertake to faithfully observe the laws of the State and to respect its democratic values.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:13 am

KinsaleMan wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:47 am
According to citizenship portal (https://www.irishimmigration.ie/citizen ... eremonies/) check Declaration of fidelity to the Irish nation and loyalty to the State header you have to declare fidelity to the Irish nation and loyalty to the State. So I presume it's not same thing you signed on application form.
No this is irrelevant to OP's question.

A few common reasons that a person is asked to complete the statutory declaration include:
- The signature in the application is too different from the signature provided in the passport;
- The form wasn't witnessed by the correct person (e.g. a lot of people incorrectly thought they could use Gardai as a witness);
- The witness has not provided sufficient information to establish that who he/she is;
- The witness isn't qualified to act as a witness;
- The witness's signature/stamp isn't clear.

alhakeem
Ireland

Post by alhakeem » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:00 am

I think they have one page to be witnessed infront of a witness e.g a solicitor..it may mean to them that is yourself who is sending the required documents..the good thing is that they are working on your file..why not you send dicuments with a letter as you mentioned and try calling them if you got a chance and email them as well.Make the address title interesting as they are dealing with thousands of emails.Ofcourse, they try to answer all emails but it might be quicker .