ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extra copies of Naturalisation Certificate

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ma_lik
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Extra copies of Naturalisation Certificate

Post by ma_lik » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:35 am

Hello guys,

Where and how i can order 2 extra original copies of my Irish Naturalisation Cert ( I need to send out for my 2 kids FBR Application)

Will Appreciate your help guys.

Regards

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Extra copies of Naturalisation Certificate

Post by littlerr » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:07 am

No there is no such thing. You only get 1 certificate. Even if you lose it, you won't get another certificate.

If you are sending 2 FBR applications together, you only need to include the original certificate and 2 copies.

saddleback
Israel

Post by saddleback » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:46 am

ma_lik wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:35 am
Hello guys,

Where and how i can order 2 extra original copies of my Irish Naturalisation Cert ( I need to send out for my 2 kids FBR Application)

Will Appreciate your help guys.

Regards
If it is lost (including by the likes of FBR section) you will only get a letter to confirm your naturalisation details. As stated, no extra copies are issued under any circumstances (which make me think retrospectively that having a notarised copy of the certificate would not be such a bad idea)

hdsgnr

Post by hdsgnr » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:35 pm

saddleback wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:46 am
no extra copies are issued under any circumstances
I wonder, how would that affect someone who lost the certificate. Is the "confirmation letter" sufficient in all possible situations instead of certificate?

Why one can order a birth certificate if it's lost, but naturalized citizen can't order a certificate?
Maybe there is a certain logic in it, could anyone with more insight explain it please?

hdsgnr

Post by hdsgnr » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:49 pm

I did a quick search and all of the few countries I checked (USA, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand) have a service for replacing the certificate of naturalization, which makes the fact that you can't do it here even more mysterious.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:41 pm

It’s not ‘mysterious’. It has always been the case and it’s in the legislation. If you lose your certificate, you would apply for an official letter confirming your Irish citizen status. That becomes your ‘replacement certificate’.

hdsgnr

Post by hdsgnr » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:16 pm

It's just weird that the legislation explicitly doesn't allow certificate replacement, but gives you a letter which de facto is a certificate replacement.

saddleback
Israel

Post by saddleback » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:36 pm

hdsgnr wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:16 pm
It's just weird that the legislation explicitly doesn't allow certificate replacement, but gives you a letter which de facto is a certificate replacement.
It takes getting used to. I am not even sure if FBR certificates are replaceable. I will make notarised copies of all documents once I get them back in my possession.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:03 pm

FBR certificates can be replaced. I've requested a duplicate of my husband's certificate for my naturalisation application. Cost me 20 euro.

Certificate of a naturalised citizen, however cannot be replaced under current rules. Get yourself a certified copy.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:27 pm

The naturalisation certificate is not a real 'certificate'. It is a legal instrument. It basically says a specific minister signs his/her name on this day to make you an Irish person.

Consider it as a house purchase contract. If you are selling your house to me, once you sign the contract, and hand the over to me, that is done. Even I lose the contract 2 days later, I can't ask you to sign another copy. I would simply go to the Property Register to request for a document certifying that I'm the owner of this house.

An FBR certificate is a real 'certificate'. The certificate itself does not grant you anything. You are made an Irish citizen because you have already been registered into the system even before the certificate is issued. If you lose your FBR certificate, you can simply ask them to print off another certificate.