ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:39 pm

Zimbo2Brits wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:51 am
So what survey email should I send? I believe my application has been approved already.
Have you received an email from UKVI surveys?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Zimbo2Brits
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Zimbo2Brits » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:05 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:39 pm
Zimbo2Brits wrote:
So what survey email should I send? I believe my application has been approved already.
No I haven’t.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:07 pm

Zimbo2Brits wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:05 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:39 pm
Zimbo2Brits wrote:
No I haven’t.
Then just wait.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

neuralcorrelate
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by neuralcorrelate » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:30 pm

I recently submitted an application citizenship, but no appointments are available when I go to the UKVCAS website. Do I need to wait for an email from UKVACS saying that I can make an appointment, or is it actually the case that all centres are booked out until mid-December?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:23 pm

neuralcorrelate wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:30 pm
I recently submitted an application citizenship, but no appointments are available when I go to the UKVCAS website. Do I need to wait for an email from UKVACS saying that I can make an appointment, or is it actually the case that all centres are booked out until mid-December?
Try 12:01AM GMT tonight. You will get one for 18th Dec. You do not need to wait for email. No email is sent. Just book.

Alisaa
Iran

Post by Alisaa » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:41 pm

@CULLINAN
Have you not hear anything back from HO ? I remember you had a plan to send an email to HO , asking for an update.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:42 pm

Alisaa wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:41 pm
@CULLINAN
Have you not hear anything back from HO ? I remember you had a plan to send an email to HO , asking for an update.
Page 103
british-citizenship/biometrics-appointm ... -2040.html

neuralcorrelate
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by neuralcorrelate » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:06 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:23 pm
neuralcorrelate wrote:
Try 12:01AM GMT tonight. You will get one for 18th Dec. You do not need to wait for email. No email is sent. Just book.
Cheers!

Alisaa
Iran

Post by Alisaa » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:04 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:42 pm
Alisaa wrote:
@CULLINAN
Page 103
Hi, Cullinan, congrats. I am so glad to hear that. I have not received anything yet :| :? Am I the only one left who applied in early June ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:43 am

Alisaa wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:04 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Alisaa wrote:
@CULLINAN
Page 103
Hi, Cullinan, congrats. I am so glad to hear that. I have not received anything yet :| :? Am I the only one left who applied in early June ?
Thank you. If I am correct, you said you received a UKVI survey email also? Did you try to enquire with HO?
Many others are still waiting, your not alone. You shall soon succeed. Dont worry.
3 members including myself who received UKVI survey but no decision via email, reported receiving the decision via post just after enquiring with HO on/after 10th Nov.

glosnat
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by glosnat » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:04 pm

neuralcorrelate wrote:
You can also call UKVCAS and ask for available appointments. But unlikely you find anything before the mid of December.
Call the Support Line on 0844 8920232

Goldfinger1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Goldfinger1 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:14 pm

Alisaa wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:04 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Alisaa wrote:
@CULLINAN
Page 103
I am also waiting since June, I am just going to wait for them to make a decision. I am tired of waiting

Alisaa
Iran

Post by Alisaa » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:45 am

Thank you. If I am correct, you said you received a UKVI survey email also? Did you try to enquire with HO?
Many others are still waiting, your not alone. You shall soon succeed. Dont worry.
3 members including myself who received UKVI survey but no decision via email, reported receiving the decision via post just after enquiring with HO on/after 10th Nov.
well No I have not , what I received was survey and feedback for using IDV app .
I think I need to wait until the end of 6 month of my submission date and then send an email .

Alisaa
Iran

Post by Alisaa » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:47 am

I am also waiting since June, I am just going to wait for them to make a decision. I am tired of waiting
May I know what date , and under what category did you apply for ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:01 am

Alisaa wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:45 am
well No I have not , what I received was survey and feedback for using IDV app .
I think I need to wait until the end of 6 month of my submission date and then send an email .
Good luck. Hope you and all others waiting succeed soon. InshaAllah.

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:30 am

regularuser wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:51 am
regularuser wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:34 pm
Thanks Cullinan for your quick reply.

Let's wait and watch.

Sure I will update the forum but the strange thing when I came back from Home country Immigration officer didn't ask me a single question just stamp it and told me go for 14 day quarantine :shock:
Hi All

Today received an update from Nationality team that our application for British citizenship is approved and now wait for the ceremony letters from them.

Finally the wait is over.

Special Thanks to Cullinan for your input regarding survey email. :D
Congrats regularuser. It always good to hear news of approval. It sends a good joy and a lot of positivity in this pandemic

Igy
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Igy » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:03 am

Hi Everyone,
naturalisation after settled status here.
I uploaded all my documents and I am waiting to have my appointment with UKVCAS in mid december.
Do I have to press submit before my appointment or should I submit them after the appointment?
I did not purchase scanning or checking services as I don't think I need them.
Also: does any other fellow european know which is a sufficient proof of comprehensive sickness insurance? I scanned my EHIC card and my card from my country but not sure if that's enough. We have free health care in Italy for everyone so I do not have any other proof except that national card, not sure if it works as policy.

Thanks for your help again!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:33 am

Igy wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:03 am
Hi Everyone,
I uploaded all my documents and I am waiting to have my appointment with UKVCAS in mid december.
Do I have to press submit before my appointment or should I submit them after the appointment?
Self-submission is recommended as your documents will be sent to UKVI even before biometrics and you may save some time but it is optional
Also: does any other fellow european know which is a sufficient proof of comprehensive sickness insurance? I scanned my EHIC card and my card from my country but not sure if that's enough. We have free health care in Italy for everyone so I do not have any other proof except that national card, not sure if it works as policy.
Better to seek help here
british-citizenship/csi-and-settle-stat ... 01196.html

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:59 am

novalicary wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:35 am
Exciting news!

Both my child and I were approved today after having submitted IDV app (group applicants) on Sept 5. Original application For both submitted July 12.

Will post on timeline now.

Thank you all for your help.
Awesome news. Congrats

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:01 pm

Hello all,
Just wondering, Is there a system to why some are receiving the 12 weeks confirmation email/letter and others are not?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:05 pm

Ritchie12 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:01 pm
Hello all,
Just wondering, Is there a system to why some are receiving the 12 weeks confirmation email/letter and others are not?
The backlog seems to have much subsided. Usually the new approvals from Nov do not have the “12 week” text. Also, follow the citizenship ceremony group for ceremony invitations.
british-citizenship/citizenship-ceremon ... 99323.html

Igy
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Igy » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:11 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:33 am
Igy wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:03 am
Hi Everyone,
Self-submission is recommended as your documents will be sent to UKVI even before biometrics and you may save some time but it is optional
Better to seek help here
british-citizenship/csi-and-settle-stat ... 01196.html

Cheers Cullinan. Much appreciated!

anan_88
Newly Registered

Post by anan_88 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:54 pm

Hi all,

Thanks for the useful discussion / info here.

I've tried following the discussion but couldn't find if this has been asked already. I submitted my application for Naturalisation on 24 Oct 2020 and received the confirmation (of receipt from UKVI) the same day. However, I have been unable to book a biometrics appointment (I do check very regularly a number of service locations). I've been told by a friend that they were able to book an appointment within 10 days of their application submission. Shall I keep searching and/or wait for IDV app invite? UKVCAS can't advise on when/if IDV invitation will be sent or not.

I also got a notification email from UKVI on 16 Nov 2020 advising me to get an appointment within 30 days or my application becomes invalid. I phoned the Home Office and they advised that the notification is auto-generated and I should disregard it. However, as it goes with such things it's not an easy feeling and I emailed nationalitybiometrics@homeoffice the same day of the notification, asking them about next steps if no appointments are available. Still awaiting their response.

Did anyone else get this notification? Secondly, is there anything else I could do other than keep checking the UKVCAS website for appointments while waiting for the IDV invitation?

Thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:10 pm

anan_88 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:54 pm
Hi all,

Thanks for the useful discussion / info here.

I've tried following the discussion but couldn't find if this has been asked already. I submitted my application for Naturalisation on 24 Oct 2020 and received the confirmation (of receipt from UKVI) the same day. However, I have been unable to book a biometrics appointment (I do check very regularly a number of service locations). I've been told by a friend that they were able to book an appointment within 10 days of their application submission. Shall I keep searching and/or wait for IDV app invite? UKVCAS can't advise on when/if IDV invitation will be sent or not.

I also got a notification email from UKVI on 16 Nov 2020 advising me to get an appointment within 30 days or my application becomes invalid. I phoned the Home Office and they advised that the notification is auto-generated and I should disregard it. However, as it goes with such things it's not an easy feeling and I emailed nationalitybiometrics@homeoffice the same day of the notification, asking them about next steps if no appointments are available. Still awaiting their response.

Did anyone else get this notification? Secondly, is there anything else I could do other than keep checking the UKVCAS website for appointments while waiting for the IDV invitation?

Thanks.
There is no IDV invitation anymore. It is the past. You must book an appointment.

You should log in the appointment booking system tonight 00:01 AM Tuesday (less than 3 hours from now). You will get an appointment for 21st Dec. You should have done this way earlier as its documented on this forum regularly.

anan_88
Newly Registered

Post by anan_88 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:28 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:10 pm

There is no IDV invitation anymore. It is the past. You must book an appointment.

You should log in the appointment booking system tonight 00:01 AM Tuesday (less than 3 hours from now). You will get an appointment for 21st Dec. You should have done this way earlier as its documented on this forum regularly.
Thanks for the response. I shall login after midnight and see if there are any appointments.

About the IDV app: UKVCAS has notified me that "You will only be able to use the IDV app when we invite you to do so by email." Also see https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

If the app has been discontinued then could you please share that message?