ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) from T2 PBS Dependant Application help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Geek987
Newly Registered
India

FLR(M) from T2 PBS Dependant Application help

Post by Geek987 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:42 pm

Hello Moderators, Gurus,
Apologies for the long post. I am on T2 ICT (before Apr 2011) and recently applied for ILR via Long Residence route. My wife is on 'PBS Dependant Leave to Remain' visa. I have started the FLR(M) application for my wife which I am planning to submit before my ILR decision. I understand that I can do so by attaching a cover letter for UKVI to process this pending my ILR decision. I have queries around some of the questions in the FLR(M) application as below. Please help.

1. What type of visa, leave to enter or remain or other permission do you have to be in the UK? - The options are: Visit, Work, Study, Family, EEA Residence, Settlement, Other. - Have selected 'Other' and mentioned the permission as 'PBS Dependant Leave To Remain'. Is this correct?

2. On what basis did you apply for your current visa, leave to enter or remain or other permission? - There are multiple options, the relevant being ‘As the partner of a British citizen, settled person or a person with refugee leave or humanitarian protection in the UK’ or ‘None of the above, or I'm not sure’. - Have chosen 'None of the above, or I'm not sure' and mentioned the permission as 'PBS Dependant Leave To Remain'. Is this correct?

3. Under Personal Information there is a question around time spent outside of UK, 'Have you been out of the UK since you started living here?' - We have lived in UK but gone out of UK for various holidays and family visits. Should the answer be 'Yes'?

4. What is your partner's basis for living in the UK? The relevant options are British Citizen, Settled in UK, Other. - I believe I cannot choose as ‘Settled’ as my ILR decision is still pending. So, should I answer this as 'Other' and provide the existing T2 ICT visa details mentioning that my ILR application is pending with HO?

5. Does your partner have any Home Office reference numbers? - Should I mention here my pending ILR UAN number or should I mention home office reference number for my previous visa application.

6. Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)? – Should I answer ‘Yes’ given the fact that my wife currently has 'PBS Dependant Leave to Remain'.

7. Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension, this includes if you are switching to a partner visa from another type. - Should I choose (1) First application as a partner from within the UK (for example, you are currently in the UK on another type of visa or permission to stay) or (2) ' You are applying for any other reason' and then mention that 'she is on PBS dependant and applying for Partner of a Settled Person (pending ILR decision)' - Please advise.

Many Thanks for your help.

Geek987
Newly Registered
India

Re: FLR(M) from T2 PBS Dependant Application help

Post by Geek987 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:23 pm

Hello Team,
Can you please help with the application specific queries as above. So, that I can submit the same.
Thanks a lot.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:57 pm

Given the purpose of FLRM form is to enable the partner of settled person to join his/her partner, and the reason you seems of being confused from the questions is that you haven't yet acquired the settlement. But still it is perfectly legal to apply along with the covering letter which are already doing. Therefore, just fill the form with the assumption as if you have actually obtained the settlement. Also, not forget one thing, that in case of your application gets refused then reciprocally it will refuse to the FLRM too.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Geek987
Newly Registered
India

Post by Geek987 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:53 pm

Thanks @seagul.
The only reason I am planning to apply now is that looking at the FLR(M) timelines, it is taking full 6 months. And there is no sight of priority services resuming even in the new year And if I had to apply via standard route after my ILR, it will be almost 9-12 months from now before our ILR/visas are sorted as I just applied for ILR this month only :(
I agree there is a risk of rejection but can't help getting stuck for such long and unable to travel.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:02 pm

Geek987 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:53 pm
Thanks @seagul.
The only reason I am planning to apply now is that looking at the FLR(M) timelines, it is taking full 6 months. And there is no sight of priority services resuming even in the new year And if I had to apply via standard route after my ILR, it will be almost 9-12 months from now before our ILR/visas are sorted as I just applied for ILR this month only :(
I agree there is a risk of rejection but can't help getting stuck for such long and unable to travel.
Your plan indeed is strategically very logically due to having done very good analysis of the ongoing trend. Just respond the questions by keeping in mind as if you are settled now and anywhere where you feel of not being able/pick the corresponding option accurately, then clarify it in same covering letter.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Geek987
Newly Registered
India

Post by Geek987 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:35 pm

Thanks @seagul for the guidance. I will keep that in mind while filling the application. And then keep my fingers crossed as it is just a waiting game afterwards.