ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

abc123456789
Newly Registered

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by abc123456789 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:34 pm

mahaveer wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:49 pm
abc123456789 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:59 pm
Has anyone remained on this forum July ILR Set(O) applicant and still not got a decision like me :(
4th June applicant, still no response. Did double submission of biometric but that did not speed up the process for me as well. Have noticed the delays are more for those who have applied with their dependents.
Congratulations! :D I have seen your post on the timeline thread.

My application was a Set(O) + 1 dependant and should be straightforward (I think). I submitted application mid-July and went for face-to-face biometric appointments mid-August but still haven't heard anything. Everyone else with the same timeline seems to be getting their decisions already so I'm feeling like I'm very unlucky :( I'm not sure if it has anything to do with having it done via the solicitor.

I tried to call up HO but it seems they won't bother if it hasn't reached 6 months so not sure what else we can do.

MonaB79
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by MonaB79 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:48 pm

Ameline wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:30 am
@MonaB79

It is over 6 months since your husband applied for FLR, you have the right to contact them and get updates on your application. You can even get your local MP involved.

You can call them on:

UK Visas and Immigration contact centre
Telephone: 0300 123 2241
Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4:45pm
Friday, 9am to 4:30pm

or email them, the only email address for FLR that I am aware of is FLRMDocuments@homeoffice.gov.uk

Good luck.
Thank You for your advice and help. My husband will call the Uk visas and immigration centre first thing Monday morning as it is now the weekend. Any ideas on what he should say? eg i've read the term escalation a lot on this forum, how exactly does this work?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:50 pm

@MonaB79
Call the helpline and tell them you need an update on your case since it is over 6 months. They usually take down your details and pass on to the concerned team then. Their job is nothing more than that. They are a third party call centre only. Hope so it works for you.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

MonaB79
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by MonaB79 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:56 pm

translationlibration wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:46 am
Ameline wrote:
@MonaB79

It is over 6 months since your husband applied for FLR, you have the right to contact them and get updates on your application. You can even get your local MP involved.

You can call them on:

or email them, the only email address for FLR that I am aware of is FLRMDocuments@homeoffice.gov.uk

Good luck.
I got a response on Monday 11 working days after escalating saying the escalation for my FLR(M) application had been passed onto the decision making team. I don't know if this is generic?

I had called about an hour earlier to and she told me 'the application is currently with a caseworker' - is this the case for all pending applications or does this indicate I may be receiving a decision soon?
hi, did you email them or call them first?

MonaB79
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by MonaB79 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:58 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:50 pm
@MonaB79
Call the helpline and tell them you need an update on your case since it is over 6 months. They usually take down your details and pass on to the concerned team then. Their job is nothing more than that. They are a third party call centre only. Hope so it works for you.
Thank You, your advice is much appreciated.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:01 pm

MonaB79 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:58 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:50 pm
@MonaB79
Thank You, your advice is much appreciated.
Call them on Monday and also email them as per the above details. Wait 1 week then, otherwise contact your MP.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Lasp2010
Newly Registered
India

Post by Lasp2010 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:41 am

poper wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:57 pm
Do you have a valid BRP? If yes, select 'I have a biometric residence card or permit' and proceed
Does checking with a Tier2 brp will show a changed status of right to work if approved even if you have not received a decision email?

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:48 am

Lasp2010 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:41 am
poper wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:57 pm
Do you have a valid BRP? If yes, select 'I have a biometric residence card or permit' and proceed
Does checking with a Tier2 brp will show a changed status of right to work if approved even if you have not received a decision email?
Yes, but not always as past applicants have pointed out
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

translationlibration
Newly Registered
China

Post by translationlibration » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:51 am

MonaB79 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:56 pm
translationlibration wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:46 am
Ameline wrote:
@MonaB79

You can call them on:

Good luck.
I got a response on Monday 11 working days after escalating saying the escalation for my FLR(M) application had been passed onto the decision making team. I don't know if this is generic?

I had called about an hour earlier to and she told me 'the application is currently with a caseworker' - is this the case for all pending applications or does this indicate I may be receiving a decision soon?
hi, did you email them or call them first?
call

schen
Panama

Post by schen » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:54 am

Hi @ajitu92

May I please ask how do the August number of approval and average processing days look like for LR as per your dataset? I still hope to get a result by Christmas as an early Sep applicant. Many thanks!

jamd12

Post by jamd12 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:59 am

ajitu92 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:02 pm
jamd12 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:15 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:46 pm
jamd12 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:33 pm

@ajitu92

I see, so a few left from this forum.
I was basically on Tier 4 Student Visas for 9 years, from boarding school, to universities, from 2010-2019
And now I am currently on an Tier 2 Employer Work Visa since 2019 !
hmmm interesting. Yes, a few but at the risk of making you feel worse (but in the interest of transparency) that is 5 out of 45 July Set LR applicants still outstanding. If 3 are genuinely complex cases (seems like it from their post history, but I'm not the Home Office or UKVI, so I can't be certain), it would mean that they wouldn't follow the normal trend anyway. So that only leaves 2, yourself and @Amy_R88. Quite bizarre given your past visas, but then again they do say 6 months SLA. Just hang in there, it will come through eventually. Good luck! 🤞🍀
Thank you @ajitu92! Yes my case is pretty straightforward. Don't know if it has anything to do with applying through a solicitor too. But even from the beginning I always felt I had a bit more of a delay than others, as it took me a while to secure an appointment (7th September). So hoping im just a week or so behind now..
I know they say 6months, but looking at others who applied before the pandemic, the latest was always 5 months.. so really hoping it comes before xmas. Thank you so much for the support
You're most welcome! Ah! Yes, there were some issues reported for people who applied through solicitors a few months back (during the lockdown). Are you in regular and constant contact with your solicitor?
Honestly im not in regular contact with him- im the one who keeps chasing all the time, from the start, which is quite annoying... So I will chase again this Monday!

jamd12

Post by jamd12 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:59 am

Amy_R88 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:52 pm
jamd12 wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
jamd12 wrote:

@ajitu92

I was basically on Tier 4 Student Visas for 9 years, from boarding school, to universities, from 2010-2019
hmmm interesting. Yes, a few but at the risk of making you feel worse (but in the interest of transparency) that is 5 out of 45 July Set LR applicants still outstanding. If 3 are genuinely complex cases (seems like it from their post history, but I'm not the Home Office or UKVI, so I can't be certain), it would mean that they wouldn't follow the normal trend anyway. So that only leaves 2, yourself and @Amy_R88. Quite bizarre given your past visas, but then again they do say 6 months SLA. Just hang in there, it will come through eventually. Good luck! 🤞🍀
Thank you @ajitu92! Yes my case is pretty straightforward. Don't know if it has anything to do with applying through a solicitor too. But even from the beginning I always felt I had a bit more of a delay than others, as it took me a while to secure an appointment (7th September). So hoping im just a week or so behind now..
I know they say 6months, but looking at others who applied before the pandemic, the latest was always 5 months.. so really hoping it comes before xmas. Thank you so much for the support
Hi @jamd12

I'm also waiting. 😒
Trying to stay hopeful 😊
HI @Amy_R88

I really hope we hear before December. So am I fingers crossed.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:15 pm

schen wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:54 am
Hi @ajitu92

May I please ask how do the August number of approval and average processing days look like for LR as per your dataset? I still hope to get a result by Christmas as an early Sep applicant. Many thanks!
Hi @schen...here are the current stats for August Set LR applications:

Number of applications: 61
Number approved: 46
Latest approval application date: 24/08/20
6 applications outstanding between 20/08/2020 and 24/08/2020.
2 applications outstanding pre 20/08/2020

I hope the same being an early Sept applicant as well. If Home Office keep up the pace, I think we will hear something between 1-15 December.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

schen
Panama

Post by schen » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:08 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:15 pm
schen wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:54 am
Hi @ajitu92

I hope the same being an early Sept applicant as well. If Home Office keep up the pace, I think we will hear something between 1-15 December.
Thanks so much! You're a star!! Fingers crossed. :)

azLondon2020
United States of America

Post by azLondon2020 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:41 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
jamd12 wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
jamd12 wrote:

@ajitu92

You're most welcome! Ah! Yes, there were some issues reported for people who applied through solicitors a few months back (during the lockdown). Are you in regular and constant contact with your solicitor?
Yes, I call or email my solicitor weekly. They said the other applicants that they had that were ILR Set (O) were seeing a 2-3 week turn around after submitting biometrics. I submitted biometrics a week ago and now waiting. I am hoping that the fast turnarounds in Oct will result in a fast turnaround in Nov, but I am also noticing that the timelines have slowed down due to lockdown 2.0

azLondon2020
United States of America

Post by azLondon2020 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:41 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
jamd12 wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
jamd12 wrote:

@ajitu92

Yes, I call or email my solicitor weekly. They said the other applicants that they had that were ILR Set (O) were seeing a 2-3 week turn around after submitting biometrics. I submitted biometrics a week ago and now waiting. I am hoping that the fast turnarounds in Oct will result in a fast turnaround in Nov, but I am also noticing that the timelines have slowed down due to lockdown 2.0

Ameline

Post by Ameline » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:46 pm

@ajitu92 the stats master 🥰 this is incredible info for SET (LR) 😊

azLondon2020
United States of America

Post by azLondon2020 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:03 pm

@ajitu92 where are you getting these stats from? such great data!

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:01 pm

@schen and everyone...forgot to say in my last post, average time to decision (date of application to date of decision) for August Set LR applicants is 87 days. I can post the graphs if anyone is interested.

@jamd12
Keep following up with your solicitors regularly. They can take some time to communicate approvals sometimes, unless you're on their case. Same for you as well, @azLondon2020.

@schen
You're most welcome! Fingers crossed indeed! 🤞

@Ameline
Thank you, too kind! Honestly, Set LR is the easiest one! You've got the harder task of Set M that seems ridiculously haphazard! :?

@azLondon2020
Thank you! I'm collating data (and analysing it) for all Set LR decisions reported on multiple public spaces such as this forum and various facebook groups!
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

user5
Pakistan

Post by user5 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:22 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:15 pm

Thanks once again for the stats Ajitu! I’m an early September applicant as well... hope we all get approvals before/by mid-December. Good luck to everyone!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:15 am

England Lockdown to end on 2nd Dec with tighter regional Tier approach. Announcement to be made on Monday.

DanaF

Post by DanaF » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:56 am

Morning all,

I know that biometric appointments are considered an essential service and that you are allowed to travel to attend one, but has anyone in Scotland made an appointment in England between now and the 11th December?

We have just submitted our application but the earliest appointment we can find is in Sunderland.

Thanks in advance

azLondon2020
United States of America

Post by azLondon2020 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:45 am

@ajitu92 would be great to have the stats in this thread or a separate thread dedicated to average wait times! Thank you for sharing the current average wait time is 87 days.

Utchmann
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Utchmann » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:11 am

@ajitu92, thanks for sharing Set LR stats for August. Please can you share for Set LR September stats if you have them . Thanks

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:23 am

All, I would like to be clear that all my stats are for Set LR only.

@Utchmann
September = 15 applicants. 0 approvals.

@azLondon2020
Can't do much about that personally. That's up to the moderators but the timeline threads serve the same purpose, I guess.