ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Personal Statement/Recommendation Letter

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sonali_1_dash
India

GTV Key Criteria 2

Post by sonali_1_dash » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:53 pm

Hi,

Will the Technical whitepaper published in LinkedIn as Article be considered as an evidence for Key Criteria 2.

Thanks

DreamerBeliever
India

Re: GTV Key Criteria 2

Post by DreamerBeliever » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:24 pm

sonali_1_dash wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:53 pm
Hi,

Will the Technical whitepaper published in LinkedIn as Article be considered as an evidence for Key Criteria 2.

Thanks
Hi @sonali_1_dash

Tech Nation guidelines for Key Criteria 2 state "An op-ed or news article that exemplifies thought leadership". It doesn't specify where it is published.

So in my opinion ideally LinkedIn article should be considered, as long you can demonstrate that "you have gone beyond your day-to-day profession to engage in an activity that contributes to the advancement of the sector"

Best wishes
D

sonali_1_dash
India

Post by sonali_1_dash » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:47 pm

thanks for the reply D. Yes it is written not as part of the work but for the benefits of the people in Test Automation and DevOps

DreamerBeliever
India

Post by DreamerBeliever » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:01 pm

sonali_1_dash wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:47 pm
thanks for the reply D. Yes it is written not as part of the work but for the benefits of the people in Test Automation and DevOps
No worries, Sonali. I had chosen Key Criteria 2 as well. Wishing you the best.

sonali_1_dash
India

Post by sonali_1_dash » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:46 pm

Hi D,

Do you have any sample letter removing the confidential for QC1.

Also how many evidence have you shown for KC2

Thanks
Sonali

DreamerBeliever
India

Post by DreamerBeliever » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:50 pm

sonali_1_dash wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:46 pm
Hi D,

Do you have any sample letter removing the confidential for QC1.

Also how many evidence have you shown for KC2

Thanks
Sonali
Hi Sonali,
I showed 3 evidences for KC2. I don't think there are any sample letters. Just that for QC1, focus on the impact of all your contributions.

sonali_1_dash
India

Post by sonali_1_dash » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:25 pm

Thanks for the reponse. i have shown the saving its generated in the project /release after the implementation of the utility/innovative product. In one Innovation evidence though i am a Team manager but the innovative Excel based macro utility is completely coded and designed by me . is it necessary to be a lead not an individual contributor for an innovation.

2. For KC2 for Gitlab profile its just the screen shot or explain about the contributions representing the commits as its multi projects contributions for an organization outside my work. So the blue dots in different months would have different project contributions and its continuous since April.

3. For Youtube videos how many minium likes and views are considered as significant viewership

4. Can Linkedin whitepaper publication be considered for KC2 and its dated in 2015 and 2016.

DreamerBeliever
India

Post by DreamerBeliever » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:56 pm

sonali_1_dash wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:25 pm
Thanks for the reponse. i have shown the saving its generated in the project /release after the implementation of the utility/innovative product. In one Innovation evidence though i am a Team manager but the innovative Excel based macro utility is completely coded and designed by me . is it necessary to be a lead not an individual contributor for an innovation.

2. For KC2 for Gitlab profile its just the screen shot or explain about the contributions representing the commits as its multi projects contributions for an organization outside my work. So the blue dots in different months would have different project contributions and its continuous since April.

3. For Youtube videos how many minium likes and views are considered as significant viewership

4. Can Linkedin whitepaper publication be considered for KC2 and its dated in 2015 and 2016.
Hi Sonali,
For point 1, your individual contribution should work better. I would still suggest you focus on impact (which is what QC1 expects to showcase) and NOT innovation (which is supposed to be covered in KC1). The guidelines has a specific note on this.
For points 2 and 3, apologies, I would not be in the best position to suggest, since I did not use these types of evidences.
For point 4, my only suggestion is that apart from the LinkedIn white paper publication, please take a second opinion on whether the Gitlab profile and YouTube video added together would suffice to justify KC2? Worth checking.
Let me know if I can be of any more help
Good luck.
Deepak

sonali_1_dash
India

Post by sonali_1_dash » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:57 am

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for the response. Please elaborate the term impact in QC1. Do you mean that how much saving it generates with the implementation of the innovation or the impact of the digital product on which you worked as part of your work and imply your contribution towards the product development.

For KC2 i am also using Classroom mentorship in 6 months for multi times along with Youtube videos. Gitlab profile and Linkedin Article. So i had below question

DreamerBeliever
India

Post by DreamerBeliever » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:47 pm

sonali_1_dash wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:57 am
Hi Deepak,

Thanks for the response. Please elaborate the term impact in QC1. Do you mean that how much saving it generates with the implementation of the innovation or the impact of the digital product on which you worked as part of your work and imply your contribution towards the product development.

For KC2 i am also using Classroom mentorship in 6 months for multi times along with Youtube videos. Gitlab profile and Linkedin Article. So i had below question

Hi Sonali,

Impact for QC1 ideally should be both points you mentioned. Firstly, it should demonstrate your personal work, not that of the company or team of individuals. Secondly, if you are a business-applicant (not sure if you are), then you should show your significant contribution towards commercial success, which would include the metrics you mentioned, like savings it generates etc.

Like I said earlier, in my own case, I did not use evidences detailed in points 2 and 3 above. Still, 2 seems acceptable, because I know of other applicants who have used screenshots to demonstrate evidences. For 3, no idea. For 4, it seems workable, because 2015 and 2016 can be considered as recent.

Remind me, if you are applying for Exceptional Talent or promise?

Best
Deepak

sonali_1_dash
India

Personal Statement/Recommendation Letter

Post by sonali_1_dash » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:38 am

Hi ,

Please help me with example of how you are going to be beneficial for UK digital technology or what are your long terms plan for Tech Nation in Personal Statement or Recommendation Letter.

Thanks
SD

DreamerBeliever
India

Re: Personal Statement/Recommendation Letter

Post by DreamerBeliever » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:03 pm

sonali_1_dash wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:38 am
Hi ,

Please help me with example of how you are going to be beneficial for UK digital technology or what are your long terms plan for Tech Nation in Personal Statement or Recommendation Letter.

Thanks
SD
Hi Sonali,
I had approached it by clubbing two things.
- how your work till now (a snapshot of everything you are doing / have done)
- some forward looking statements - a natural extension of where your career is headed
combine to add to how you can contribute in the long term.
In your personal statement show that you are not someone who is just going to sit behind a desk. Bring the various threads/personas showcased in your application together.
Best
Deepak

bang3ra
Newly Registered
India

Post by bang3ra » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:59 pm

Hi,

I am also expectional talent aspirant , few suggestions

1. please avoid using evidence beyond 5 years
2. make sure all the evidences are backed by reference letters from your manager or someone senior to you
3. videos or materials which you are showcasing has substatial views or reviews.

sonali_1_dash
India

Post by sonali_1_dash » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:03 pm

Thanks, bang3ra for the guidance. I have already implemented it.