ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residence Card EU3FAM

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nojoyfrominis

Permanent Residence Card EU3FAM

Post by nojoyfrominis » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:14 pm

Do people on 10 year permanent residence EU3FAM still need to meet EUtR criteria ie Eu spouse in employment etc. Irp card says EUfam.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Permanent Residence Card EU3FAM

Post by littlerr » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:35 pm

No. Both the EU person and the non-EU spouse can get Permanent Residence after 5 years, and this right is without any condition such as having a job or having sufficient resources.

The only caveat is that you will lose your PR if you live outside the country for more than 2 consecutive years.

griffith
Mood:
Ireland

Post by griffith » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:08 pm

Hi.
My question is a bit off topic.
How long you had to wait to get a permanent card decision.
Can you please share timeline?
Acknowledgement date?
Temporary permission date?
Permanent card approval date?

Many thanks
Stay strong & never Give up!

nojoyfrominis

Post by nojoyfrominis » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:10 pm

littlerr wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:35 pm
No. Both the EU person and the non-EU spouse can get Permanent Residence after 5 years, and this right is without any condition such as having a job or having sufficient resources.

The only caveat is that you will lose your PR if you live outside the country for more than 2 consecutive years.
Thanks. The reason I asked is because the approval letter says to inform eutr of any change in circumstances

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:38 am

Yes you are required to inform them of any change of circumstances. They need to be always kept up-to-date. However, they cannot do anything to you if you lose your job, claim social benefit, or simply because you decide to quit your job and stay at home. They are no longer able to force you to be in good financial situation.

nojoyfrominis

Post by nojoyfrominis » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:53 am

Thanks littlerr for your help as always

Sunflower35
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Sunflower35 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:44 pm

Hi littler, just to clarify, I am an EU citizen and my wife got permanent residence card for 10 years , i am in full time employment and never been jobless/on benefits but suppose GOD forbid I lost my job and start getting benefits, will that effect my wife’s status ? Thanks in advance

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:50 pm

Sunflower35 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:44 pm
Hi littler, just to clarify, I am an EU citizen and my wife got permanent residence card for 10 years , i am in full time employment and never been jobless/on benefits but suppose GOD forbid I lost my job and start getting benefits, will that effect my wife’s status ? Thanks in advance
No. You will be entitled to social benefits and it will not affect her permanent residence card (hence it's called 'permanent'). Use of social benefits can only affect your eligibility to apply for citizenship (and not hers, if she is not using social benefits).

Sunflower35
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Sunflower35 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:22 pm

Thank you littlerr for your reply .