ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa category for wife - I am on ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cssprashant
India

Visa category for wife - I am on ILR

Post by cssprashant » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:53 pm

Hi All,

I am currently on Indefinite Leave to Remain and recently got married. I am looking to apply for a visa for my wife and was slightly confused about the correct category she should apply under. From what I understand she should apply for the Family visa => https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse.

The other alternative mentioned to me was Partner Dependant Visa - PBS which I believe is not the correct route since I don't have CoS as I am on ILR.

Please can you confirm the correct visa category?

Your help is much appreciated.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Visa category for wife - I am on ILR

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:04 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

cssprashant
India

Post by cssprashant » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:18 pm

Thanks for the confirmation Cullinan

cssprashant
India

Post by cssprashant » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:53 am

Also just to confirm while on the spouse visa my wife can work without any sponsorship from the employer.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:57 am

cssprashant wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:53 am
Also just to confirm while on the spouse visa my wife can work without any sponsorship from the employer.
Yes. She does not need any employer sponsor to work. You are sponsoring her. She can work on spouse visa.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

cssprashant
India

Post by cssprashant » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:06 am

Thanks a lot Cullinan for the quick reply.

cssprashant
India

Post by cssprashant » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:47 am

Apologies for the barrage of questions but just saw this => https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 0_v1.0.pdf

And as per point 16 on page5 => "If you are the dependant of a person (Main Applicant) who has indefinite leave to remain (ILR), orBritish citizenship, you should read this guidance as if they still hold their last grant of limited leave."

Also point 19 on the same page causes a bit of confusion about the visa category my wife should be applying for. For e.g. I got my ILR 1.5 year back and before that had Tier 2 General visa so am wondering if there is any implication of that or should I just apply for the Spouse visa mentioned in point 20 on the same page.

Thanks a lot.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:51 am

cssprashant wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:47 am
Apologies for the barrage of questions but just saw this => https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 0_v1.0.pdf

And as per point 16 on page5 => "If you are the dependant of a person (Main Applicant) who has indefinite leave to remain (ILR), orBritish citizenship, you should read this guidance as if they still hold their last grant of limited leave."

Also point 19 on the same page causes a bit of confusion about the visa category my wife should be applying for. For e.g. I got my ILR 1.5 year back and before that had Tier 2 General visa so am wondering if there is any implication of that or should I just apply for the Spouse visa mentioned in point 20 on the same page. Just apply for spouse visa for her, that is what is appropriate for the current leave you have.

Thanks a lot.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:49 am

cssprashant wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:47 am

Also point 19 on the same page causes a bit of confusion about the visa category my wife should be applying for. For e.g. I got my ILR 1.5 year back and before that had Tier 2 General visa so am wondering if there is any implication of that or should I just apply for the Spouse visa mentioned in point 20 on the same page.

Thanks a lot.
You are following an impertinent literature. Your related one are:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... d-evidence

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... a8VCfDfJBU
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

cssprashant
India

Post by cssprashant » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:12 am

Thanks a lot AmazonianX and seagul for the prompt guidance. Really appreciate it.

I had a couple more queries if you don't mind:-

1) I had was that the name of my partner misspelt in her graduate degree. The university won't change the name and instead have suggested us to secure a gazetted/notarized letter stating the deviation in the name. We will be submitting this both for the "UK NARIC Visas and Nationality Service" and the visa application itself. Please can you also let me know if this is fine?

2) Once the visa is stamped is there a specific timeframe within which my spouse will have to enter UK.

Thanks a lot.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:02 pm

cssprashant wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:12 am
Thanks a lot AmazonianX and seagul for the prompt guidance. Really appreciate it.

1) I had was that the name of my partner misspelt in her graduate degree. The university won't change the name and instead have suggested us to secure a gazetted/notarized letter stating the deviation in the name. We will be submitting this both for the "UK NARIC Visas and Nationality Service" and the visa application itself. Please can you also let me know if this is fine? I don't know response to this, leave it to mods, guru or persons who had similar situation to respond.

2) Once the visa is stamped is there a specific timeframe within which my spouse will have to enter UK. At the moment due to covid-19, the initial spouse vignette on passport is granted for 3months within which she must enter UK. It used to be for 1 month pre covid-19.

Thanks a lot.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:24 pm

cssprashant wrote:

1) I had was that the name of my partner misspelt in her graduate degree. The university won't change the name and instead have suggested us to secure a gazetted/notarized letter stating the deviation in the name. We will be submitting this both for the "UK NARIC Visas and Nationality Service" and the visa application itself. Please can you also let me know if this is fine?

I will simply sit for English test even of higher level to fend off every possibility of any delay/complications.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

cssprashant
India

Post by cssprashant » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:19 pm

Thanks AmazonianX please can you provide my the link where it is confirmed that the vignette validity has been extended to 90 days. I am requesting this as my spouse is likely to March/April next year so want to check if this vignette validity of 90 days is valid for 90 is true for 2021 as well. Thanks.
c wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:02 pm
cssprashant wrote:

1) I had was that the name of my partner misspelt in her graduate degree. The university won't change the name and instead have suggested us to secure a gazetted/notarized letter stating the deviation in the name. We will be submitting this both for the "UK NARIC Visas and Nationality Service" and the visa application itself. Please can you also let me know if this is fine? I don't know response to this, leave it to mods, guru or persons who had similar situation to respond.

2) Once the visa is stamped is there a specific timeframe within which my spouse will have to enter UK. At the moment due to covid-19, the initial spouse vignette on passport is granted for 3months within which she must enter UK. It used to be for 1 month pre covid-19.

Thanks a lot.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:16 pm

cssprashant wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:19 pm
Thanks AmazonianX please can you provide my the link where it is confirmed that the vignette validity has been extended to 90 days. I am requesting this as my spouse is likely to March/April next year so want to check if this vignette validity of 90 days is valid for 90 is true for 2021 as well. Thanks.
c wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:02 pm
cssprashant wrote:

Thanks a lot.
The forum is replete with feedbacks of applicants having 3 months vignette. There is no assurance of when it will stop, it came on the table due to transport/logistic nightmare caused by covid-19.

This is the closest I got to it. Read towards the end.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... ivate-life

cssprashant
India

Post by cssprashant » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:35 pm

Thanks a lot Amazonian X.

Also just to confirm to prove the English language requirement for CERF A1 level tests are sufficient as mentioned In this link https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/knowledge-of-english .

Would she be required to give a B1 test as and when she becomes eligible for ILR.

Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:32 pm

cssprashant wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:35 pm

Also just to confirm to prove the English language requirement for CERF A1 level tests are sufficient as mentioned In this link https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/knowledge-of-english .

Would she be required to give a B1 test as and when she becomes eligible for ILR.

Thanks.
A1 would be sufficient for now. A2 would be required during the next extension followed by B1 at ILR stage. However, if you choose to pass B1 now then hopefully it will work for all subsequent applications without redoing it.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:51 pm

cssprashant wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:35 pm

Your understanding is confirmed correct.

Would she be required to give a B1 test as and when she becomes eligible for ILR. Yes, however if she secures B1 now it will save you time and money on the extension and ILR stage so far the result is still in compliance with HO's guidance.

Thanks.

cssprashant
India

Post by cssprashant » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:04 pm

Thanks a lot everyone for your help so far but I have another question.

I am trying to pay the immigration health surcharge and in that application, and there are two mandatory fields for "About the person you are joining in the UK" and the two fields are "What is their visa route?" and "What is their visa type?". I am currently in Indefinite Leave to Remain and this option is not available in visa type no matter which visa route I select. Please advice.

Also in the application itself my wife has made a small mistake and now it is locked for editing pending IHS fees payment and it cannot be edited so is there any other option but to submit another application.

Adnan20161993

Post by Adnan20161993 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:54 pm

Hi I’m so sorry if I’m in the wrong post. I’ve read you are applying for ilr. I came to the U.K. in 2018, I have recently received my first visa extension, I will be applying for ilr hopefully in 2.5 years. When I applied for my first visa extension the health surcharge was £1000. Do you know what the health surcharge is when you apply for ilr? I can’t find anything on this

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:54 am

Adnan20161993 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:54 pm
Hi I’m so sorry if I’m in the wrong post. I’ve read you are applying for ilr. I came to the U.K. in 2018, I have recently received my first visa extension, I will be applying for ilr hopefully in 2.5 years. When I applied for my first visa extension the health surcharge was £1000. Do you know what the health surcharge is when you apply for ilr? I can’t find anything on this
1. Please do not tag your questions onto other members posts.

2. There is NO IHS payable for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cssprashant
India

Post by cssprashant » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:32 am

Dear all,

I have received a mail requesting the following documents from UK FCDO =>

The UK Decision Making Centre is currently assessing the application submitted by the above named. We are unable to conclude the application at this time as we require additional information. Please provide the following documents:

• Evidence of contact between you and your sponsor
• Evidence showing you and your sponsor have met in person

Please send this document as a scanned attachment within 10 working day

Please can you suggest what evidence can I provide for the same.

Thanking you in anticipation.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:03 pm

What evidence of subsisting relationship did you submit? Ukvi expect to see screenshots of WhatsApp chats, evidence of visiting etc.

Have you actually met your spouse in person??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:10 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:03 pm
Have you actually met your spouse in person??
At least at the marriage ceremony, unless there was a proxy marriage?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

cssprashant
India

Post by cssprashant » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:56 am

Dear All, Thanks a lot for the help and support, am happy to report that we finally got the visa.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:27 am

cssprashant wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:56 am
Dear All, Thanks a lot for the help and support, am happy to report that we finally got the visa.
Congratulations.