ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre-settled status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jane55
Newly Registered
United States of America

Pre-settled status

Post by jane55 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:50 pm

Hello Everyone,

I applied for Pre-settled status outside the UK. I am an EU citizen. I would like to know what kind of proofs I must provide if I am going to travel to UK in the end of this year? Until when it's necessary to stay in the UK in order to get the Pre -settled status? I do not have any bills, bank accounts under my name in the UK.
I would appreciate all of your help.

Thank you in advance!

kamoe

Re: Pre-settled status

Post by kamoe » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:19 pm

jane55 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:50 pm
I applied for Pre-settled status outside the UK. I am an EU citizen. I would like to know what kind of proofs I must provide if I am going to travel to UK in the end of this year? Until when it's necessary to stay in the UK in order to get the Pre -settled status?
This has been the object of hot debate here before. For an enjoyable and not without controversy recent discussion of this topic, please read this post. (You will be even able to arrive to your own conclusions as to why this was so debated).

Short answer is, surprisingly, there is no established minimum residence period to qualify for Pre-Settled status.

Now... The Settlement Scheme is not a visa scheme to approve a future plan to reside in the UK. It is a way of validating a residence period that has already started. You cannot submit and complete your application outside of the UK if you have no prior UK residence history.
I do not have any bills, bank accounts under my name in the UK.
The above being said, as per the EU Settlement Scheme caseworker guidance (p. 128-129), it seems that once inside the UK, proof of your travel into the UK (copy of your used boarding pass; and/or an entry stamp on your passport on arrival), will be accepted as bare minimum of proof of one month's residence, which is enough to be granted Pre-Settled Status.

Again, you are supposed to come to the UK to start a period of genuine residency. The minimum proof above will only justify the first month of residence. If you want to apply to Settled Status further down the road in 5 years time, then the above will not be enough. You would then need to supply proof of your residence for continuous 5 years, with stronger proof of residence (National Insurance number, payslips, bank account, etc.) to justify your residence history from the second month on.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:48 am

Hi Jane,
My niece (a student) provided her passport and a boarding pass when applying to the settlement scheme. She got approved.

andes66
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by andes66 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:12 pm

@Natcam thanks for sharing your experience; could you please let me know the timelines associated with your niece's application and outcome?

smithman11
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by smithman11 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:23 pm

You niece is EU citizen or non EU citizen?
Was niece’s uk student visa a biometric or normal sticker visa?
How old is your niece?

I will appreciated your answers.
Thanks.