ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa refusal on the basis of heavy transaction

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kulsoom123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

is health coverage mandatory for visit visa

Post by kulsoom123 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:34 pm

do people applying these days are buying health coverage plus COVID coverage

kulsoom123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Visa refusal on the basis of heavy transaction

Post by kulsoom123 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:40 pm

I applied for 15 days family visit, had bio metric on 5th November, got this refusal on 19 November. please anyone can guide how i can tackle this refusal. I am working female and i applied along with my sister and i had to bear her all expenses. can i reapply immediately? should i apply alone this time?please guide
i am posting the major cause of my refusal.

"REASONS FOR REFUSAL NRA v 1.0
You have applied for a visa to visit the UK.
In deciding whether you meet the requirements of Appendix V: of the Immigration Rules for visitors (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... itor-rules), I have considered:
 your applicationyour immigration history
The decision
I note that your spouse has transferred PKR 638,000.00 (£3,048.12) into your account. This is more than 90% of his total yearly salary, leaving him little to live on for everyday monthly living expenses. As such, I am not satisfied that this is a realistic amount to transfer for this short holiday in the UK. This undermines the credibility of your application.
 Additionally you state in your application that you intend to spend £6,000.00 on your trip and I note this is more than the balance in your bank account, as shown above. I am not satisfied this is a credible amount to spend on such a short 15 day trip, or that your financial circumstances are as stated. This further undermines the credibility of your application.
I therefore refuse your application under paragraphs V 4.2 (a) (c) and (e) of the Immigration Rules.
Rate of exchange £1 = PKR 209.31 (reference www.oanda.com on today’s date)"

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Visa refusal on the basis of heavy transaction

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:30 pm

Hello

I have seen this a few times. The last time it happened to someone from my own family. I sent him everything but the day before the application, he decided to transfer a big chunk of loaned money to his account to "make it look good". He got the same refusal as the one you are quoting and never managed to get a visitor visa again.

Usually, you can apply again, even immediately if you wish to, but it's not recommended to do so until the circumstances have substantially changed. Otherwise, you will get the same refusal again. You don't want 2 refusals as this will make it harder, if not impossible, to get visitor visas in the future.

kulsoom123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kulsoom123 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:24 pm

thanks for valuable feedback. I did not show my scholarship and other details as i thought my salary is enough to support my case. is it fine that i apply with those details now

Adnan2020
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Adnan2020 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:55 pm

Hi kulsoom,

I have read ur post, u have made big mistake by putting big money at once in ur account. :(

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:39 pm

Please stick to posting in English only.

See Rule 9 of the Terms and Conditions of using these forums.

The non-English text in the previous post has been deleted.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

kulsoom123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kulsoom123 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:26 am

Adnan2020 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:55 pm
Hi kulsoom,

I have read ur post, u have made big mistake by putting big money at once in ur account. :(
@adnan yes i admit but i supportted it with affidavit. Now i have other supporting income documents to metion too which i didn't find necessary to put before. Because i thought my case is straightforward. Should i apply immediately or wait for few months.

Adnan2020
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Adnan2020 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:41 pm

kulsoom123 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:26 am
Adnan2020 wrote:
Hi kulsoom,

@adnan yes i admit but i supportted it with affidavit. Now i have other supporting income documents to metion too which i didn't find necessary to put before. Because i thought my case is straightforward. Should i apply immediately or wait for few months.
Can't say anything about it. U mentioned ur husband send u money from uk. If he's in uk why doesn't he apply for spouse visa?

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:04 pm

kulsoom123 wrote:
Adnan2020 wrote:
Hi kulsoom,

What's the purpose of your visit?
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

kulsoom123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kulsoom123 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:17 am

I wish to visit my sister and her kids

kulsoom123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kulsoom123 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:18 am

Adnan2020 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:41 pm
kulsoom123 wrote:
Adnan2020 wrote:
Hi kulsoom,

Can't say anything about it. U mentioned ur husband send u money from uk. If he's in uk why doesn't he apply for spouse visa?
No. My husband is in Pakistan. He transferred money into my Account and gave affidavit too.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:33 am

When they assess your application, Home Office case workers need to get a genuine idea about your financial situation. If you have a sponsor in the UK supporting all your travel expenses, you are not expected to show huge amount of money in your account.

The money in your account won't serve to establish if you can afford the trip or not, but to evaluate your economic situation in the country where you live. That's to say, they want to see if you have a salary, a pension, a real estate income... etc. But they are not going to compare that income to London revenue standards.

So, moving a large sum of money just before the application, is a bad idea. It will be seen as an attempt to artificially inflate your revenue. If it's normal for you to receive large sums of money and that shows in your current and past months statements, that's fine as long as this money origin is justified. But just out of the blue showing a large sum of money in the account, looks very bad in a visa application and can trigger a refusal.

kulsoom123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kulsoom123 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:56 am

Thanks for your valuable and detailed response. Please give some suggestions how i can tackle it now. How to support it in my new application.

kulsoom123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: is health coverage mandatory for visit visa

Post by kulsoom123 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:56 am

kulsoom123 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:34 pm
I need someone to help on this

BigMo

Re: is health coverage mandatory for visit visa

Post by BigMo » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:27 am

kulsoom123 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:56 am
kulsoom123 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:34 pm
I need someone to help on this
Hey, it is not a mandatory requirement as far as I am aware but may not be a bad idea given the current climate. Although I'd recommend checking with the insurance provider that Covid IS covered.

On some of the other points, I think most has been covered by others but to reassure you, it is not that uncommon to be refused for lack of clarity of financial circumstances. I'd suggest providing detailed analysis for the REASON for any financial transactions (if you have them) whenever you re-apply, including directly addressing the objections raised by the ECO.

kulsoom123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kulsoom123 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:38 pm

Yes i got this money for safe side and from my husband. I was sure that i am getting from my spouse so it would be acceptable. I will explain it to ECO next time. I think i should re apply. Any suggestions about this.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:31 pm

Insurance is not mandatory but it always looks good in a visa application. For my family, we always ensured there is a comprehensive insurance in the application. If Covid is covered, it's a bonus indeed.

As the for the money, the harm is done now. I don't know how you can take back what you have stated already. If you try to change your version, you will end up with another refusal. If you try to confirm your version without strong evidence, you will get a refusal again.

Now, it's not matter of you talking your way out of the situation by merely explaining. You need to demonstrate with documents whatever you say as to make it indisputable.

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:29 pm

kulsoom123 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:56 am
Thanks for your valuable and detailed response. Please give some suggestions how i can tackle it now. How to support it in my new application.
£6000 to spend in 15 days visit??? Who told u to put that amount? Your credibility is zero now.

Just take a deep breathe and move on. if u apply again u will get another refusal. Dont rush now, damage has been done.

kulsoom123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kulsoom123 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:32 pm

6000 GBP for 2 persons. Is it too much including ticket hotel etc?

kulsoom123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kulsoom123 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:36 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:31 pm
Insurance is not mandatory but it always looks good in a visa application. For my family, we always ensured there is a comprehensive insurance in the application. If Covid is covered, it's a bonus indeed.

As the for the money, the harm is done now. I don't know how you can take back what you have stated already. If you try to change your version, you will end up with another refusal. If you try to confirm your version without strong evidence, you will get a refusal again.

Now, it's not matter of you talking your way out of the situation by merely explaining. You need to demonstrate with documents whatever you say as to make it indisputable.

You are very right. I just took it light and followed the agent blindly.

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:59 pm

kulsoom123 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:32 pm
So u and your 2nd sister r going to visit i believe your 3rd sister and u were planning to stay in a hotel. Did u include any hotel booking and ticket prices to back your claim that u gonna spend that amount of money?

I believe both of u filled separate application forms. How come u mentioned 6000 for both of your visit in your own application form?

Very hard for most of us to believe what u saying about your accomadation arrangements and spending money.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:51 pm

The issue is not the £6000. Going to London, for 2 people, if you book £1000 flights x 2, then £300/night hotel, you don't even have enough money to eat out.

The other day I was in London for a work emergency, then I stayed too late and decided to spend the night in an average hotel paid by my employer. I remember paying around £200 for the night.

The problem is that £6000 is nearly your yearly salary. Who would spent 1 year salary in 15 days tourism trip in this day and age. Imagine a British earning £45'000 / year but happy to spend £40'000 on a trip for 2 weeks. When they look at it from this angle, they don't believe your intention is to visit the UK but possibly to stay forever. The credibility of your touristic project, is undermined by incredible numbers.

kulsoom123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kulsoom123 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:57 pm

Route to ILR wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:59 pm
kulsoom123 wrote:
So u and your 2nd sister r going to visit i believe your 3rd sister and u were planning to stay in a hotel. Did u include any hotel booking and ticket prices to back your claim that u gonna spend that amount of money?

I believe both of u filled separate application forms. How come u mentioned 6000 for both of your visit in your own application form?

Very hard for most of us to believe what u saying about your accomadation arrangements and spending money.
Yes i did same. I mentioned all 6k in my application and 3000 in her and explained in cover letter that it is 3 plus 3k.
I included hoyel booking and tickets but did not include their price.

kulsoom123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kulsoom123 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:03 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:51 pm
The issue is not the £6000. Going to London, for 2 people, if you book £1000 flights x 2, then £300/night hotel, you don't even have enough money to eat out.

The other day I was in London for a work emergency, then I stayed too late and decided to spend the night in an average hotel paid by my employer. I remember paying around £200 for the night.

The problem is that £6000 is nearly your yearly salary. Who would spent 1 year salary in 15 days tourism trip in this day and age. Imagine a British earning £45'000 / year but happy to spend £40'000 on a trip for 2 weeks. When they look at it from this angle, they don't believe your intention is to visit the UK but possibly to stay forever. The credibility of your touristic project, is undermined by incredible numbers.
U have analysed my case in the best way. It is it. I paid 1000 for hotel for 15 nights mentioned there. Ticket price i didn't mention. My mistake as i assumed it to be known.

My mistake is that i didn't mention my scholarship as earning as it is double amount than my salary and i earn handsome amount. They r right in their decision because i didn't presented my scenario well.
But i put letter from my university showing that i am studying in an asian country but didn't show that i am having scholarship in dollars that is double than my salary din addition to my salary.

kulsoom123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kulsoom123 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:12 pm

Route to ILR wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:59 pm
kulsoom123 wrote:

Yes this was my scenario, 2 visiting 3rd.with genuinely visit purpose. I already study abroad in an Asian country. But i applied haphazardly or my be could not get good advice