ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dreams101
Newly Registered

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by Dreams101 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:27 pm

minikube wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:18 pm
raij wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:25 pm
week 25 of waiting for ceremony invitation from Home Office
at this point my family is taking bets as to when my ceremony invite arrives :(
spoke to local registry office , nothing arrived for me at all
waiting on mp to get answers from home office as to how much longer i need to wiat
not sure what else to do
Same over here, 26 weeks for me since approval at end of May
raij and minikube, has any of you filed a complaint with the Home office?
I filed a complaint on 04.11.2020. I haven't received a reply yet, but they're still within the 20 working-day period.

minikube
Newly Registered

Post by minikube » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:30 pm

Made a complaint around the same date as yours, still in the timeframe as you’ve mentioned

qwisnia
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by qwisnia » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:31 pm

I was accepted on 10th of June, still nothing. Made an official complain on 9th November.

raij
Poland

Post by raij » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:32 pm

Dreams101 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:27 pm
minikube wrote:
raij wrote:
waiting on mp to get answers from home office as to how much longer i need to wiat
not sure what else to do
I filed a complaint on 04.11.2020. I haven't received a reply yet, but they're still within the 20 working-day period.

Not yet , as waiting on mp , if nothing shows up by friday i be filing one , quick question which reason for complaint did you select ? waiting on decision or documents , one? , i have website for comlaints open and waiting ;)

raij
Poland

Post by raij » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:33 pm

Dreams101 wrote:
minikube wrote:
raij wrote:
not sure what else to do
me again i menant these wto options of complaint?:
A decision on an application
The return of some documents

korben555
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by korben555 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:39 pm

To the lucky ones, who have received inv. letter !
Can you tell us- what kind of text is there ?
Of course, without private info.
Does it contain anything special, like last puzzle in this citizenship saga ?
Any PIN code for cit. ceremony- so pen pushers cannot provide that ritual without it ?
Honestly, I could live and work in UK ,even without being British citizen.
But I wanted it , because of most English virtue- common sense....
Well, seems to me it doesn't apply to everything...

Dreams101
Newly Registered

Post by Dreams101 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:49 pm

raij wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:32 pm
Dreams101 wrote:
minikube wrote:
raij wrote:
not sure what else to do

Not yet , as waiting on mp , if nothing shows up by friday i be filing one , quick question which reason for complaint did you select ? waiting on decision or documents , one? , i have website for comlaints open and waiting ;)
I didn't do it through the online form. I just sent an email to complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk
and received an automated acknowledgment email an hour after.

Dreams101
Newly Registered

Post by Dreams101 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:52 pm

qwisnia wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:31 pm
I was accepted on 10th of June, still nothing. Made an official complain on 9th November.
Please keep up updated if you hear anything back.
I will do the same.

macka284
Newly Registered

Post by macka284 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:03 pm

Hi all, I'm sure this has been asked but I can't seem to find the most recent confirmation: I understand that we now have up to 6 months from the invitation letter to attend the ceremony, but is it still required that we *book* the ceremony within 21 days of receiving the invitation letter? I just want to be sure I don't miss the window in case I'm gone over the holidays when the letter arrives. Many thanks for any clarification!

Parisiana

Post by Parisiana » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:07 pm

Date of application: 28 May 2020
Date Biometrics enrolled: 19 August 2020
Date of approval: 21 August 2020
Ceremony letter received: 23 November 2020
Letter dated: 14 November 2020
Ceremony: Cannot book it because the Westminster council website is not working and the registar says that there is no slot in December
Council: Westminster

Is anyone experiencing the same issue with Westminster council please? Did you manage to book a ceremony? Thank you

Parisiana

Post by Parisiana » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:07 pm

Ceremony: Cannot book it because the Westminster council website is not working and the registar says that there is no slot in December

Is anyone experiencing the same issue with Westminster council please? Did you manage to book a ceremony? Thank you

leo55
Mood:

Post by leo55 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:08 pm

GOOD NEWS

Finally, received invitation letter today from Home office. Thanks to Almighty GOD and everyone on this forum contributing.

Called council today and being told to email them the invitation letter and personal details, which I did already.

My timeline.

Applied: 14/08/2020
Approval date via email: 11/09/2020
HO Invitation letter dated: 04/11/2020
Invitation letter received: 23/11/2020

Hoping to receive reply from Council soon.

Good luck to everyone still awaiting.

nnn15

Post by nnn15 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:39 pm

Parisiana wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:07 pm

Congratulations on the progress on your application! How did you find out Westminster had your certificate, did they reach out to you?

No news for me at all, but the link https://registrars.westminster.gov.uk/A ... ignup.aspx seems to be working, is it the link you tried to use? It seems to work, although for me it says "records not found" which I guess means that the council doesn't have my certificate.

Parisiana

Post by Parisiana » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:45 pm

nnn15 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:39 pm
Parisiana wrote:

Congratulations on the progress on your application! How did you find out Westminster had your certificate, did they reach out to you?

No news for me at all, but the link https://registrars.westminster.gov.uk/A ... ignup.aspx seems to be working, is it the link you tried to use? It seems to work, although for me it says "records not found" which I guess means that the council doesn't have my certificate.
No they didn't, I emailed them and they confirmed receipt. Also when the link you sent lets you progress with your Home Office reference number, it means that they received your certificate. The problem now is that link does not have any slots available... :(

nnn15

Post by nnn15 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:47 pm

raij wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:20 pm
Dreams101 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:15 pm
raij wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:09 pm
Dreams101 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:04 pm

Same here.
Approved 18 May, still waiting too.
Sent several emails to several departments, never received a single reply.

its disheartening isnt it , my local register office told me last week that they dont get replies from home office neither .
So frustrating to be honest.

What about minikube and nnn15, both are May approvals as well I believe. Any news about your invitations?

Anyone else from May and still waiting?

it feels as if a batch from end of may / start of june just gone missing/ unprinted/ forgotten
Hi fellow stragglers, no news for me either. I'm waiting since April, submitted a first complaint in August, received a generic response in September that I should wait 8-12 weeks which expires this week. Will ask my MP if they got any response at all and maybe will submit a complaint on a complaint after (according to the HO website after 2 complaints one can complain to the ombudsman, really hope I won't have to do that)...

Another option I thought of - according to the Data Protection Act everyone can submit a request to the HO to get a copy of personal data they hold, including all the decision letters and caseworker notes. Here is a link - https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration. I was hoping to apply for this just to get a confirmation that my application hasn't been lost. And it turns out they can only provide basic records stored electronically, but can't provide full records because..there is a paper archive!

"We are not able to provide paper records due to coronavirus (COVID-19).

If you need to make a request for paper records you should continue to check this page for updates and make your application once we’re able to resume this service."

From this is obvious HO doesn't store everything electronically, so it might be the case that our paperwork is laying on some shelf in the HO and no one can confirm whether it's been dispatched or not. In that case we can only try to remind them about our applications and submit complaints :(

nnn15

Post by nnn15 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:52 pm

Parisiana wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:45 pm
nnn15 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:39 pm
Parisiana wrote:

No they didn't, I emailed them and they confirmed receipt. Also when the link you sent lets you progress with your Home Office reference number, it means that they received your certificate. The problem now is that link does not have any slots available... :(
But at least you don't have to deal with the HO at this stage, only with the council which hopefully is less of a pain. Also apparently the lockdown is doing to be lifted in December, so maybe they'll have more ceremonies.

The council stopped replying to me, but I just check the online form from time to time, no certificate though..

raij
Poland

Post by raij » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:53 pm

Just phoned Nationality enquirers , mentioned that email from august was not answered , and the other email too , the man on the other end of the phone , filled out a form for me (took all my info etc ) and told me that h.o. is bound to respond in 10 working days , lets see how this will go.
the number i phoned was 0300 123 2253

korben555
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by korben555 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:06 pm

Oh !
Hounslow council has updated its Citiz. Cerem. page today !
Pay attention- it's written that HO gonna contact you via email....
??

" Updated: Monday 23rd November 2020

Please be advised that we continue to book citizenship ceremonies for citizens who have had their certificates delivered to us from the Home Office.

If you have received a decision letter from the Home Office it asks you to wait for the invitation letter before you contact your local authority to arrange the ceremony. Your invitation letter will be emailed to you by the Home Office and requested to be presented at the time of your citizenship ceremony. "

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:09 pm

korben555 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:06 pm
Oh !
??

Please be advised that we continue to book citizenship ceremonies for citizens who have had their certificates delivered to us from the Home Office.

If you have received a decision letter from the Home Office it asks you to wait for the invitation letter before you contact your local authority to arrange the ceremony. Your invitation letter will be emailed to you by the Home Office and requested to be presented at the time of your citizenship ceremony. "
Thank you for the useful update as I fall under the same council. Seems like HO will email invitation letters now? Did any other council claim the same or anyone else received ceremony invitations via email??
May I know if you have attended yours please?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:14 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:09 pm
korben555 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:06 pm
Oh !
??

Thank you for the useful update as I fall under the same council. Seems like HO will email invitation letters now? Did any other council claim the same or anyone else received ceremony invitations via email??
May I know if you have attended yours please?
Well in that case I really hope HO will communicate that with all councils.
Because a friend applying through a solicitor and them receiving the original letter and a scan and copy wasn’t good enough for the council.
That council insisted on the original letter, no copies allowed.

mohammad12
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mohammad12 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:20 pm

Applied 09.04.2020
Biometric(idv app) 22.08.2020
approval email.14th september 2020
Invitation. 23.11.2020 (date on letter 16.11.2020)
council. Redbridge

just email to redbridge council to book ceremony.

leo55
Mood:

Post by leo55 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:33 pm

mohammad12 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:20 pm
Applied 09.04.2020
council. Redbridge

I emailed Redbridge council this afternoon too, and received auto reply from them that the next available dates for virtual and group ceremonies are from Dec 2020. Strange

I thought they can arrange Virtual ceremoney next day or at least in a week time.

Did you speak to anyone in the Council?

Keep posted please if you have any news from them. Thanks

mohammad12
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mohammad12 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:35 pm

leo55 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:33 pm
mohammad12 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:20 pm
Applied 09.04.2020
council. Redbridge

I emailed Redbridge council this afternoon too, and received auto reply from them that the next available dates for virtual and group ceremonies are from Dec 2020. Strange

I thought they can arrange Virtual ceremoney next day or at least in a week time.

Did you speak to anyone in the Council?

Keep posted please if you have any news from them. Thanks

will call them tomarow and update here.thanks

Euge
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Euge » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:42 pm

Hello everyone,
approved on 14/08/2020.
Letter received on 17/11/2020 date 7 November .
They booked my ceremony on Tower Hamlet , exactly when the lockdown end 2 December ,the problem is most definitely my council we’ll be on Tier 3 ! Soo I don’t know what is gonna happen, they said on Tier 3 you can’t do a weeding ,but the gym and hairdressers are allowed to work,I really don’t know what expect .Thursday they will announce which area are in England about the Tier

Cocobana

Post by Cocobana » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:55 pm

Attended my ceremony today @ Maidstone-KCC.) and got my certificate I can finally say this Journey has come to an end for me. Thank God!
I wish everyone much love and great success and hope you won’t have to wait much longer!

A big thanks to moderator and co. Special thanks to Baybars1

....... off to the passport section now 😩😥

Method of application: Online
Date of application: 08 July 2020
Payment method: Debit card
Date of debit fees: 08 July 2020
Date of acknowledgement: 08 July 2020
Date of Biometric reuse email: 06 August 2020
Opted out -07 August 2020
Date Biometrics enrolled: 20 August 2020
Date on Approval letter: 1 September 2020 email
Date of receipt of approval: Email