ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 online form, confusing question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aswa1111
Newly Registered
Hungary

MN1 online form, confusing question

Post by aswa1111 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:21 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm in the middle of the process to register my 4yrs old son and my 2yrs old daughter as british citizens. I'm using the online MN1 form but there's a question where I'm not sure what would be the correct answer in our situation. I've already done a lot of research, but I'm still confused about what answer would be right.

All four of us (me, my wife and the two children) hold an EU (Hungarian) citizenship, passport and settled status (IRL) under the eu settlement scheme. Both kids were born in the UK.

What is the right answer for the following question?

'Are you relying on your parent's permanent residence (either as an EEA National or the family member of an EEA National) as evidence of their settled status in the United Kingdom?' - Yes or No

If I understand right, they aren't relying on our permanent residence as evidence because they already hold settled status (IRL). So the answer is No. Am I right about that?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: MN1 online form, confusing question

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:34 pm

We have no sight of all the online options available but I would expect if you say "no" the next selection should be "ILR (including Settled Status)" and if so say yes here, but either way it shouldn't matter - a form of ILR held by parents is required (PR, UKSS or ILR). Others to confirm if necessary.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

aswa1111
Newly Registered
Hungary

Post by aswa1111 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:12 pm

Thank you alterhase58 for your response. I wanted to understand this question better, so I've tried all the options. I'm still not sure if this question is relevant for us, because we never applied for a permanent residence card, just only for the ILR (EU scheme). So I believe the right answer is still no.

Please see the flowchart below:

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:21 pm

I see your point - unless anyone else can shed more light on this go with "no" - I expect the document list will require some kind of proof of your ILR/settled status, must be the reference number.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:24 pm

Did you choose the right option at this question? It is the very start questions.

You should have chosen option 1 “one or both parents settled....”
Attachments
4B967228-32AA-4C2F-B5E5-D1D246A65D30.png
4B967228-32AA-4C2F-B5E5-D1D246A65D30.png (833.96 KiB) Viewed 1780 times
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

aswa1111
Newly Registered
Hungary

Post by aswa1111 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:56 pm

I just checked it, yes I chose the right one.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:25 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:34 pm
We have no sight of all the online options available but I would expect if you say "no" the next selection should be "ILR (including Settled Status)" and if so say yes here, but either way it shouldn't matter - a form of ILR held by parents is required (PR, UKSS or ILR). Others to confirm if necessary.
“No” seems the right answer as @alterhase58 advised. You have chosen the correct options as in the previous post.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

aswa1111
Newly Registered
Hungary

Post by aswa1111 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:00 am

Thanks alterhase58 and CULLINAN for the advise, I will go with that.