ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Main applicant ILR dependent status

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ajwamahdi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Main applicant ILR dependent status

Post by ajwamahdi » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:47 am

Hi, I am currently on Tier 2 general visa and would be eligible for 10 year ILR in January 2021. I wanted to ask If PBS immigrant gets 10 year ILR would his PBS dependant visa remains valid or does he/she needs to immediately change it to FLR(M). As my husbands PBS dependent visa is valid until Nov2021 so if I get ILR on 10 year does he needs to change visa to FLR(M) immediately or his previous visa would stay valid.
My second question is if his PBS dependant visa remains valid than what happens if after my ILR I leave my current job on which I got Tier 2 visa, would his visa still be valid? A lawyer told me that after my ILR on 10 year my husbands previous visa would remain valid until I continue working with my current employer, but if I leave this job then he needs to switch to FLR(M).
Please kindly reply.

vinny

Re: Main applicant ILR dependent status

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:40 am

See also Dependant of ILR (long residence) applicant on PBS leave.

I think his leave remains valid until expiry or curtailment or canceled at a port.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ajwamahdi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ajwamahdi » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:32 pm

even if I leave job with current sponsor?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:04 pm

They should inform him in writing of any changes to his leave. Yes, if he doesn’t qualify for ILR under Long residence, then he should switch to FLR(M) before his leave expires or before traveling or before leave is curtailed, preferably after you are granted ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:08 pm

ajwamahdi wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:32 pm
even if I leave job with current sponsor?
Your dependents are NOT dependent on your tier 2 sponsor. They are dependent on you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

htz
Newly Registered

Post by htz » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:54 am

Don't worry. his current visa will not be curtailed even if you change your job after getting ILR. However, if you change your job before ILR both your leaves will be curtailed.
Also, you don't need to worry about it right now. Any changes on his current leave will be sent to your address and you can make a decision when it happens. Just make sure you have the right registered address with UKVI.

ajwamahdi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ajwamahdi » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:51 am

Thanks for reply every one I really appreciate it. One more thing, I have been offered a very good job but issue is they are asking to join end of January 2021. I am eligible to apply for ILR from 20dec onwards, but Priority service is closed so I wont be able to get decision in 2 days and according to timeline on this forum standard applications are taking around 4 months. Any suggestions?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:01 pm

ajwamahdi wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:51 am
Thanks for reply every one I really appreciate it. One more thing, I have been offered a very good job but issue is they are asking to join end of January 2021. I am eligible to apply for ILR from 20dec onwards, but Priority service is closed so I wont be able to get decision in 2 days and according to timeline on this forum standard applications are taking around 4 months. Any suggestions?
Unfortunately, that would only be possible once you will obtain the positive outcome of your ILR because your same rights & obligations as were attached with teir 2 will be carried forward through the engagement of section 3C.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ajwamahdi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ajwamahdi » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:45 pm

thanks for the reply. Sorry to ask another questions, but I really want to apply for ILR via priority service. does anyone knows when did home office stop it and is there any chance for reopening?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:21 pm

ajwamahdi wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:45 pm
thanks for the reply. Sorry to ask another questions, but I really want to apply for ILR via priority service. does anyone knows when did home office stop it and is there any chance for reopening?
Priority service has been suspended for unforeseeable future.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.