ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

asmith

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by asmith » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:14 pm

I applied for SET-LR on 27 August with IDV on 6 september. Did anybody else apply for SET-LR during the same week?

lukeh8793
United States of America

Post by lukeh8793 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:24 pm

navkant wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:30 am
octave009 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:22 am
If i remember correctly, IDV was applicable till Sep 3rd week applications only - please correct me.
In which case its a 2 weeks of backlog and after that we saw a number of quick decisions who applied in sep end/ oct start for SeT O
I am hoping they get over with the IDV backlog and move to physical bios in the next 2 weeks
Good point. Especially as Physical biometrics would be less than 10K submissions a day across all categories. I think IDV had higher than 10K submissions a day.
The most recent IDV only SET(O) approvals that I could gather on here, reddit, facebook, etc. had application dates on:
12 Aug
28 Aug
4 Sep
5 Aug
29 Jul
10 Jun
12 Sep
1 Aug
6 Aug
18 Aug
9 Aug
5 Aug
18 Sep

So you can see it’s still kind of random.

Somebody posted before on this forum that according to a FOIA request as of October the HO received more than 100,000 IDV apps in total (but that’s visa + settlement + citizenship combined).

84 days since my application and 64 days since I submitted IDV... and I am still waiting...

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:29 pm

lukeh8793 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:24 pm

+1. I have maintained that since half term in October it has gone completely random. (44 days since application)

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:46 pm

asmith wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:14 pm
I applied for SET-LR on 27 August with IDV on 6 september. Did anybody else apply for SET-LR during the same week?
Set LR 29th August applicant here. Ignored IDV and did in-person submission on 12th September.
Was expecting too hear back this month but my hopes have faded :|
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

asmith

Post by asmith » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:56 pm

Yeah hoping to hear back this week or last, things have slowed down since the lockdown. It is a shame you cannot track your application and have to rely on informal forum support.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:12 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ablon
Newly Registered
Kazakhstan

Post by ablon » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:29 pm

poper wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:46 pm
asmith wrote:
Set LR 29th August applicant here. Ignored IDV and did in-person submission on 12th September.
I just updated the ILR LR timeline with my approval details :D
21 August applicant, ignored IDV and did in-person biometric submission on 10 September. Got ILR approval this afternoon. You will hear good news soon. Keep your hopes up!

P.S. I am a silent reader and would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who contributed to this forum, really helpful source of information!

infinitesmile

Post by infinitesmile » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:31 pm

poper wrote:
asmith wrote:
Applied on 22nd August with IDV email on 6th Sept and dual submission on 16 sep, still waiting to hear. today there was an approval of other user who applied on 21 August.
So Hopefully I will get some good news this week or so.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:30 pm

ablon wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:29 pm
poper wrote:
asmith wrote:
21 August applicant, ignored IDV and did in-person biometric submission on 10 September. Got ILR approval this afternoon. You will hear good news soon. Keep your hopes up!

P.S. I am a silent reader and would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who contributed to this forum, really helpful source of information!
Congrats ablon. Thank you for your wishes.
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

cheeish
Newly Registered

Post by cheeish » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:08 am

Hello,

Has anyone seen or can able to see free appointment on any of the centre recently or They stop offering free appointment?

I am looking for one for London location

Many thanks

AlexAlexAlex

Post by AlexAlexAlex » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:26 am

cheeish wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:08 am
Hello,

Has anyone seen or can able to see free appointment on any of the centre recently or They stop offering free appointment?

Many thanks
I looked few days ago and there were no free ones available, I guess they get snapped as soon as become available

AlexAlexAlex

Post by AlexAlexAlex » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:27 am

cheeish wrote:
Hello,

Many thanks
I looked few days ago and there were no free ones available, I guess they get snapped as soon as become available

asmith

Post by asmith » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:26 am

ablon wrote:
poper wrote:
asmith wrote:

Congrats dude.Do you get an email or a letter confirming the update? Thanks

zamaha
Member of Standing

Post by zamaha » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:35 am

cheeish wrote:
Hello,

Many thanks
I have the same issue. The moderator told before that the new slot will be available at 12am every day. But I was checking exactly on 12am but no free appointments came up! I was thinking the same, if they are still offering free appointments?! The basic service appointments were £110 and £135!

A2A
Newly Registered
China

Post by A2A » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:48 am

infinitesmile wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:31 pm
poper wrote:
asmith wrote:
Applied on 22nd August with IDV email on 6th Sept and dual submission on 16 sep, still waiting to hear. today there was an approval of other user who applied on 21 August.
So Hopefully I will get some good news this week or so.
Applied on 26th Aug. Still waiting. Hope can hearback this month.

NNHidayah
Newly Registered

Post by NNHidayah » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:15 am

lukeh8793 wrote:
navkant wrote:
octave009 wrote:
If i remember correctly, IDV was applicable till Sep 3rd week applications only - please correct me.
In which case its a 2 weeks of backlog and after that we saw a number of quick decisions who applied in sep end/ oct start for SeT O
I am hoping they get over with the IDV backlog and move to physical bios in the next 2 weeks
Good point. Especially as Physical biometrics would be less than 10K submissions a day across all categories. I think IDV had higher than 10K submissions a day.
The most recent IDV only SET(O) approvals that I could gather on here, reddit, facebook, etc. had application dates on:
12 Aug
28 Aug
4 Sep
5 Aug
29 Jul
10 Jun
12 Sep
1 Aug
6 Aug
18 Aug
9 Aug
5 Aug
18 Sep

Somebody posted before on this forum that according to a FOIA request as of October the HO received more than 100,000 IDV apps in total (but that’s visa + settlement + citizenship combined).

84 days since my application and 64 days since I submitted IDV... and I am still waiting...
I and 5 dependants applied on 19 June 2020 under 5 years SET(O). We were classified into biometric reuse category. I did a mistake by opting in using IDV app. I should of choosing f2f appointment instead. I had to send emails in order to get access to use IDV app, with doctor's report and scan that shows I need urgent operation that I plan to do abroad as it is difficult to here due to covid. We got access to use IDV on 4 September, and heard nothing afterwards. I sent other emails but never get any replies.

We decided to do f2f appointment on 6 October 2020 with free appointments. As we heard nothing, I was advised to contact the local MP who has been very helpful. The MP contacted HO that triggers the escalation of our case. I received phone call from a caseworker requesting additional document few days after. We finally received a decision on 20 Nov. I also received an email with delivery track yesterday and information that BRP will arrive tomorrow.

If I may suggest, I would like to advise applicants to do f2f appointment if possible. Also contacting and seeking help from local MP is extremely useful in any cases like mine. I should of contact the MP way earlier.

zamaha
Member of Standing

Post by zamaha » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:53 am

cheeish wrote:
Hello,

Many thanks
I managed to book a free appointment now. There was plenty available for Manchester. I think they change the time they make slots available. Worth to check it now if you haven’t booked already!

fabsco
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by fabsco » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:30 am

NNHidayah wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:15 am
lukeh8793 wrote:
navkant wrote:
octave009 wrote:
12 Aug
28 Aug
4 Sep
5 Aug
29 Jul
10 Jun
12 Sep
1 Aug
6 Aug
18 Aug
9 Aug
5 Aug
18 Sep

I and 5 dependants applied on 19 June 2020 under 5 years SET(O). We were classified into biometric reuse category. I did a mistake by opting in using IDV app. I should of choosing f2f appointment instead. I had to send emails in order to get access to use IDV app, with doctor's report and scan that shows I need urgent operation that I plan to do abroad as it is difficult to here due to covid. We got access to use IDV on 4 September, and heard nothing afterwards. I sent other emails but never get any replies.

We decided to do f2f appointment on 6 October 2020 with free appointments. As we heard nothing, I was advised to contact the local MP who has been very helpful. The MP contacted HO that triggers the escalation of our case. I received phone call from a caseworker requesting additional document few days after. We finally received a decision on 20 Nov. I also received an email with delivery track yesterday and information that BRP will arrive tomorrow.

If I may suggest, I would like to advise applicants to do f2f appointment if possible. Also contacting and seeking help from local MP is extremely useful in any cases like mine. I should of contact the MP way earlier.
Unfortunately, UKCAS is cancelling appointments for applicants who have already submitted their documentation via the app, and advised that it might slow the processing of the application as there will be a double submission.
I submitted my application on 07th July and made the mistake of submitting documents via the app instead of opting out. I then booked an appointment for 28th Nov, which was cancelled as my application is in progress, according to the email that I received. I also contacted my MP who requested my UAN to enquire on the status of my application with HO, but I haven't heard from either or. I guess some people in this forum have been luckier in getting their MPs involved, but I don't think that will be my case.

azLondon2020
United States of America

Post by azLondon2020 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:59 am

asmith wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:56 pm
Yeah hoping to hear back this week or last, things have slowed down since the lockdown. It is a shame you cannot track your application and have to rely on informal forum support.
Completely agree, there have been so few updates on the ILR timeline thread for the second half of Nov. I wish there was some way to track the application. My solicitor told me today that they were seeing 3-4 week turnaround from biometric submissions in Oct, but now their applicants in Nov have not heard anything further.

I am also now considering contacting my MP as I have a job offer that will expire with ILR and as the home office is not providing any sort of update I am a bit stuck as I cannot start this new position without closing out my ILR application.

asmith

Post by asmith » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:56 pm

Tried ringing UKVI and their automated messaged simply stated if the application is with-in defined processing time (6 months) then they cannot provide any update.

After all that money UKVI makes they should invest into a application tracking system so we are not sitting like a lemon!

MonaB79
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by MonaB79 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:53 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:01 pm
MonaB79 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:58 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:50 pm
@MonaB79
Call the helpline and tell them you need an update on your case since it is over 6 months. They usually take down your details and pass on to the concerned team then. Their job is nothing more than that. They are a third party call centre only. Hope so it works for you.
Thank You, your advice is much appreciated.
Call them on Monday and also email them as per the above details. Wait 1 week then, otherwise contact your MP.
So my husband called the immigration helpline on Monday morning, he was told they have access to no information and to wait until lockdown ends, once lockdown ends if he still hasn't heard from HO he should call the centre again (probably to be told to wait another week). My husband also emailed the HO but has received no reply. We are feeling very dejected as it's been so long now since application submission and biometrics and we have no idea what is happening regarding my husbands application.

We do not have any emergency or a good enough reason to contact MP we feel so will continue to wait and hope for the best. :(

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:57 pm

@MonaB79
Contact the MP.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:26 pm

ablon
Newly Registered
Kazakhstan

Post by ablon » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:29 pm

asmith wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:26 am
ablon wrote:
poper wrote:
asmith wrote:

Congrats dude.Do you get an email or a letter confirming the update? Thanks
Thank you. I received email from home.office.atlas@notifications.service.gov.uk

ruzfactor
Bangladesh

Post by ruzfactor » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:12 am

Finally received my SET LR (applied on 22 August, IDV 6th Sept) decision through an email at 8:59am. Thank you everyone in this forum for the support. I wish all of those waiting would soon get their approval. :)