ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right to work check changes from ILR to expired or lost/stolen BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aclondon2
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Right to work check changes from ILR to expired or lost/stolen BRP

Post by aclondon2 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:30 am

Hi all,

I applied for ILR Set O, and on Monday the right to work check shows that "there is no limit on how long you can stay in the UK", which I take as the ILR application having been approved. My solicitor received some blank email from Home Office (only with an attachment with my name and says "recovered", which they guessed to be a system error). I've been hoping this means my ILR has been approved but there was some error in sending out the approval email. We still haven't got the confirmation from HO yet that this was an approval.

Meanwhile, as of this morning, the right to work check page now doesn't work for me, and it says the BRP has either expired or been reported lost/stolen.

My question is: if HO has made a new BRP card to send out to me, would they mark the current BRP as expired and hence I cannot check right to work anymore? Is this how it has been for those who have had their applications approved?

I'm really hoping it was not a system error and my ILR has actually not been been approved!

Thank you!

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Re: Right to work check changes from ILR to expired or lost/stolen BRP

Post by gag285 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:53 am

When does your current BRP expire? It may be that the identifying BRP which is your current one i.e. the one you are using to check your status has expired. Hope you get your ILR approved BRP soon.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:00 am

As long your BRP is still valid, you should be able to check. However, the RTW website has glitches so it can not be relied upon as it does not work accurately always. If your application is approved, you should get a BRP delivered within few days. You can call the courier and check if they have received any BRP for you in the coming days just to double check your doubt.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

aclondon2
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by aclondon2 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:06 am

gag285 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:53 am
When does your current BRP expire? It may be that the identifying BRP which is your current one i.e. the one you are using to check your status has expired. Hope you get your ILR approved BRP soon.
My current BRP doesn't expire until Sep next year.

aclondon2
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by aclondon2 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:07 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:00 am
As long your BRP is still valid, you should be able to check. However, the RTW website has glitches so it can not be relied upon as it does not work accurately always. If your application is approved, you should get a BRP delivered within few days. You can call the courier and check if they have received any BRP for you in the coming days just to double check your doubt.
Which courier could I call @Cullinan? I just need to give them my name and address to ask?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:08 am

aclondon2 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:07 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Which courier could I call @Cullinan? I just need to give them my name and address to ask?
I think BRP’s are delivered by TNT. Yes name and address.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

aclondon2
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by aclondon2 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:45 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:08 am
aclondon2 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:07 am
CULLINAN wrote:
I think BRP’s are delivered by TNT. Yes name and address.
Thanks @Cullinan!

Does anyone else have a similar experience?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:28 am

As repeated many times on the forum, you MUST wait to hear back officially from the UKVI. Using online systems such as 'right to works check' is NOT accurate. :!: :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

aclondon2
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by aclondon2 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:10 pm

Just an update: I finally received the official approval email, dated from Monday, and a new BRP is on the way. So it was correct that the right to work check was updated to reflect that the current BRP is deemed expired.

Thanks everyone!