ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payslip query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Payslip query

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:54 pm

coolthomas wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:48 pm
seagul wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:25 am
coolthomas wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:52 pm
I intend to provide 6 months payslip,but I was wondering if there is going to be an issue as in the August payslip, they have included my gross amount for July and August and deducted the BACS payment they made to me in July along with the tax.
Gross in Aug + July ( 5500 ), deducted from this amount is what I should have been taxed in August and July along with the one off BACS payment they made in July.
I have a payslip in August, but all this deductions have been made from my gross pay, which is essentially what I should have earned as gross pay for month of July and August, if this makes sense.
That unusual aggrandizement over your wages will certainly be noted although will have no affect because it is bit customary for every business to make similar adjustments whenever mistakenly have under/over paid to their workers/contractors.

So submitting August payslip should be alright right? I don't really want to postpone applying for spousa visa any longer as already I had to postpone it by one month as they paid me a BACS payment in Juy.
I can ask my employer if they will provide me a letter explaining the same. Not sure if they will do so but definitely will be asking them for a letter.
No need to postpone your plan only because of this reason which is pretty normal. Your employer can even state about it in the same employer letter.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

medic123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by medic123 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:29 pm

Hi

I am applying for spouse visa using category A for financial requirements. I am paid weekly. My first payslip was generated on July 3rd. Therefore will i reach the 6 months when i receive the January 1st payslip? or will i need to include the following week's payslip too January 8th (as to cover the 2nd january to make it a full 6 months i.e July 3rd - January 2nd)? or is it 26 weeks of payslips which will be the 25th December?

It makes no difference to me as i would have earned over £9300 before the by the 25th december.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:34 pm

medic123 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:29 pm
Hi

I am applying for spouse visa using category A for financial requirements. I am paid weekly. My first payslip was generated on July 3rd. Therefore will i reach the 6 months when i receive the January 1st payslip? or will i need to include the following week's payslip too January 8th (as to cover the 2nd january to make it a full 6 months i.e July 3rd - January 2nd)? or is it 26 weeks of payslips which will be the 25th December?

It makes no difference to me as i would have earned over £9300 before the by the 25th december.
For weekly payment, you simply need payslips for 26Weeks.

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:48 pm

I'm working in the health sector and am a UK national. Do I meet the criteria for IHS refund on my spouse's visa application?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:17 pm

coolthomas wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:48 pm
I'm working in the health sector and am a UK national. Do I meet the criteria for IHS refund on my spouse's visa application?
Applying for your dependants
If you’re eligible, your dependants can also get a reimbursement.

Your dependants cannot apply for themselves - you must include them in your application.
https://www.gov.uk/apply-immigration-he ... rge-refund

Also see Annex A:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... 2020#annex
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:37 am

I had a few more queries:

1. I live in an apartment with my parents and the mortgage is under their name. What documents do I need to provide e.g.: No objection letter from my parents, Council tax bills, Mortgage statement under their name, anything else that will be required. Does the mortgage statement have to be within 28 days of the application?
2. How long does the TB certificate validity last for?
3. For the documents that need to be within 28 days of application, the 28 days is inclusive of the date of application right?
4. After we submit the online application, we submitting the supporting documents after that right, we don't need to submit the documents along with the application on the same day.

Many Thanks in advance.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:19 am

coolthomas wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:37 am
I had a few more queries:

1. I live in an apartment with my parents and the mortgage is under their name. What documents do I need to provide e.g.: No objection letter from my parents, Council tax bills, Mortgage statement under their name, anything else that will be required. Does the mortgage statement have to be within 28 days of the application?
2. How long does the TB certificate validity last for?
3. For the documents that need to be within 28 days of application, the 28 days is inclusive of the date of application right?
4. After we submit the online application, we submitting the supporting documents after that right, we don't need to submit the documents along with the application on the same day.

Many Thanks in advance.

1. Ideally keep the mortgage statement within 28 days. Also if possible then you can add title register which just cost £3.
https://www.gov.uk/get-information-abou ... e-register

2. 6 months.

3. Yes until (included) the date of application

4. You can continue to upload the documents until the date or few hours before of the appointment. Get that confirmed with the local vfs/ukvcas centre.

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:10 pm

This might seem like a silly question but just want to be sure.

Is it alright to upload pdf documents scanned via camscanner app.
Asking because the pdfs usually have a watermark on the document " scanned by Camscanner"

Thank you

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:43 am

coolthomas wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:10 pm
This might seem like a silly question but just want to be sure.

Is it alright to upload pdf documents scanned via camscanner app.
Asking because the pdfs usually have a watermark on the document " scanned by Camscanner"

Thank you
People have used same to get positive outcome. Important is for documentnto be legible and kept within acceptable file size.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:22 am

coolthomas wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:10 pm

Thank you
Don't use it because it might be perceived as redaction of a document making it invalid. There are plenty of free scanning software are available which doesn't leave any footprint. You can even simply use your phone camera without any software.

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:32 am

I'm contemplating between applying by myself or using an agent to apply.
Can anyone please guide me through the steps if applying by self-using govuk.

Also in relation to my previous question regarding payslip issue with my July's pay being a BACS payment and payroll calculating my pay for July and August in August pay ( as a retro). As previously mentioned I'm hoping to apply with August payslip. Would you advice to get my employer to clarify this payslip or just to submit my payslip without any clarification. As I don't want any issue and I'm worried if the employer states it in the letter, will this cause any issue with the visa and cause rejection. ( i might be overthinking things).

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:25 pm

coolthomas wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:32 am
I'm contemplating between applying by myself or using an agent to apply.
Can anyone please guide me through the steps if applying by self-using govuk.

Also in relation to my previous question regarding payslip issue with my July's pay being a BACS payment and payroll calculating my pay for July and August in August pay ( as a retro). As previously mentioned I'm hoping to apply with August payslip. Would you advice to get my employer to clarify this payslip or just to submit my payslip without any clarification. As I don't want any issue and I'm worried if the employer states it in the letter, will this cause any issue with the visa and cause rejection. ( i might be overthinking things).
You can get it mentioned in the employer letter and that alone wouldn't cause refusal.

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:07 pm

I'm contemplating between applying by myself or using an agent to apply for the spouse visa.

Can anyone please guide me through the steps if applying by self, using gov uk. Do we still need to send the documents to Sheffield?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:26 pm

coolthomas wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:07 pm
I'm contemplating between applying by myself or using an agent to apply for the spouse visa.

Can anyone please guide me through the steps if applying by self, using gov uk. Do we still need to send the documents to Sheffield?
Nothing is posted in original to anywhere rather everything is now despatched electronically.
That application is pretty straightforward if you can meet the requirement such as income, English, accomodation, relationship etc without actually needing anyone's assistance. Nobody can exactly pinpoint the steps in full symmetry because these may vary from one location to another. However, by using the following link you will be ushered to the relevant application form followed by would be given the instructions as what to do.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1595506133

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:45 pm

Does the spouse have to take copies of all the uploaded supporting documents for the biometric appointment or just their passport?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:56 pm

coolthomas wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:45 pm
Does the spouse have to take copies of all the uploaded supporting documents for the biometric appointment or just their passport?
Yes in theory but on most occasions these aren't are asked/seen other than simply seeing the passport to check the identity.

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:37 am

Me and my spouse were together for a year before we got married. we met online and then met in person 6 months after us first speaking, followed by our marriage 6 months later.
As proof of relationship Pre-marriage: I have tickets, chat and call logs only.
Is it advisable to put the first time we spoke as when the relationship began.
As the above mentioned is all the proof i have.

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:07 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:54 pm
coolthomas wrote:
seagul wrote:
coolthomas wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:52 pm
I intend to provide 6 months payslip,but I was wondering if there is going to be an issue as in the August payslip, they have included my gross amount for July and August and deducted the BACS payment they made to me in July along with the tax.
Gross in Aug + July ( 5500 ), deducted from this amount is what I should have been taxed in August and July along with the one off BACS payment they made in July.
I have a payslip in August, but all this deductions have been made from my gross pay, which is essentially what I should have earned as gross pay for month of July and August, if this makes sense.
That unusual aggrandizement over your wages will certainly be noted although will have no affect because it is bit customary for every business to make similar adjustments whenever mistakenly have under/over paid to their workers/contractors.

So submitting August payslip should be alright right? I don't really want to postpone applying for spousa visa any longer as already I had to postpone it by one month as they paid me a BACS payment in Juy.
I can ask my employer if they will provide me a letter explaining the same. Not sure if they will do so but definitely will be asking them for a letter.
No need to postpone your plan only because of this reason which is pretty normal. Your employer can even state about it in the same employer letter.

I'm just looking from some reassurance regarding the same, Just really worried about a refusal in regards to this. The gross payment calculation of two months in one month's payslip I know will get noticed, is it still advisable to apply with it? I meet the minimum financial requirements.
My employer will state it in the employer letter.
Sorry for the repetition, just getting worried when closer to the date of applying.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:21 pm

coolthomas wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:07 pm
seagul wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:54 pm
coolthomas wrote:
seagul wrote:

I'm just looking from some reassurance regarding the same, Just really worried about a refusal in regards to this. The gross payment calculation of two months in one month's payslip I know will get noticed, is it still advisable to apply with it? I meet the minimum financial requirements.
My employer will state it in the employer letter.
Sorry for the repetition, just getting worried when closer to the date of applying.
Reply still would be same

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:25 pm

1. Can I submit online bank statement. it is eve so slightly different from the paper statements which takes a good few days to arrive.

2. My utility bill is every quarterly, and the next one will be dated 2nd of December while I'm hoping to apply by Feb, will this be ok as they won't change the bill to monthly.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:29 pm

coolthomas wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:25 pm
1. Can I submit online bank statement. it is eve so slightly different from the paper statements which takes a good few days to arrive.

2. My utility bill is every quarterly, and the next one will be dated 2nd of December while I'm hoping to apply by Feb, will this be ok as they won't change the bill to monthly.
1. If the online bank statements aren't pacifically marked as "online" then yes you can use them even slightly different than the postal ones which is pretty customary.

2. Shouldn't be an issue because 3-4 months of gap is usually allowable between the evidences. However, if you have something else then may attach it instead.

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:45 am

is a Police Clearance Certificate needed, applying from India.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:17 am

coolthomas wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:45 am
PCC is not required.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:20 am

coolthomas wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:45 am
No but do check with your airport / local council whether do they require it before travelling.

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:58 pm

So essentially, when applying under Cat A, one can have different amounts paid each month, but it would be the lowest salary amount that they will take into consideration to see whether we meet the 18,600£ per-annum criteria.
I mean, it doesn't have to be fixed amount every month, as long as you are employed by the same employer and have monthly payslips?