ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police registration after switching from T2 to GTV

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

i2siss
Algeria

Police registration after switching from T2 to GTV

Post by i2siss » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:38 pm

Dear all,

I have just switched from Tier 2 General Visa to Global Talent Visa.

In the email that I received from the Home Office saying that my application of the GTV was successful, I was asked to register in the Police again! I have registered in the police on the 6th of January 2020 (i.e., just after receiving my Tier 2 General visa).

Please guys, do you think that I need to same registration as the initial one and I need to pay again £34?

Regards
Smail

nikuss
Newly Registered

Re: Police registration after switching from T2 to GTV

Post by nikuss » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:18 am

Your registration certificate will have to be updated with the information about your new BRP. This is not a new registration and is free (unless you lost your original certificate).

i2siss
Algeria

Post by i2siss » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:14 am

nikuss wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:18 am
Your registration certificate will have to be updated with the information about your new BRP. This is not a new registration and is free (unless you lost your original certificate).
Hi nikuss,

Thanks for your reply.

Does it mean that I need to log in the same account through which I did the initial registration?

Regards
Smail

nikuss
Newly Registered

Post by nikuss » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:03 pm

Hi Smail! This varies -- contact your local police.

Asma1981
Newly Registered
Libya

Post by Asma1981 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:32 am

i2siss wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:38 pm
Dear all,

I have just switched from Tier 2 General Visa to Global Talent Visa.

In the email that I received from the Home Office saying that my application of the GTV was successful, I was asked to register in the Police again! I have registered in the police on the 6th of January 2020 (i.e., just after receiving my Tier 2 General visa).

Please, guys, do you think that I need to same registration as the initial one and I need to pay again £34?

Regards
Smail
Hello Sir, quick question about the switching from Tier2 to Global talent visa.
for how long was in tier2 and how many years was working in your job. because some people said it is not allowed to switch if you are working before 12/2020