ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

faridds
Newly Registered
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by faridds » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:44 am

I also hope to hear on my application dated 30th Oct and biometric done on 9th Nov. My friend submitted his biometric on day before me and application same day as me has also received decision on his application yesterday.
🤞

fabsco
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by fabsco » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:15 am

pblankso wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:16 pm
bext wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:32 pm
azLondon2020 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:21 pm
gag285 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:16 am

I think they did bring in the provision of making documentation available to caseworkers when biometric centers were closed during the first lockdown to expedite decisions once biometrics were in. This seems to have stopped. I think the pace of your application is dependent on the speed of the caseworker, their workload and above all complexity. To me I have a straight forward case (one employer , no adverse history, own property)but I have ended up on the other end of October applicants. The only thing that adds up IMHO is that I have added my spouse on the application so it would take longer than a single applicant or my case worker is slow/swamped.
Thanks all for your input on this topic. I see people that are getting decisions quicker than when I submitted and it is a bit disheartening as my solicitor said my application is pretty straightforward with no dependants, but it seems like it is a black hole and no one knows when the countdown actually starts...
With Standard Service, I believe it only starts when you submitted your Biometrics. The rest depends on when CW starts looking at your case from their queue and it's complexity. If there is an outstanding question, case might be put in a different queue.
Personally, I don't believe in the "SERVICE STANDARD and APPLICATION DEALT IN DATE" talk from the home office. If so, I suppose the delay in having few Aug SET M and Zero SEP SET M approvals will be judged as due to complex case. I strongly disagree, checks for SET M is as straight forward as it can be, and even the most complex should have a turn around of 3months max. I have lost 2 job offers and a hell of other opportunities due to this and yet we see SET O applicant with MAX turn around of 3.4months approval, and I don't care about being UK Ancestry, PBS dependants, Tier 1 Migrants or Tier 2 Migrants. The least home office can do is to respect and treat all applicant same irrespective of the SET. I have compiled my own data with stat from all immigration forums and will be taking the home office on this. I think SET M applicants deserve fair treatment. I have seen SET O application approved in just 2weeks, so cant a SET M be approved in 2weeks.
I am also trying to get my head around Aug and Sept SET (M) approvals when there are so many June and July applicants still waiting. From what people have shared in this forum and on Facebook, they seem to be straightforward cases with no gaps in visas or lack of documents, etc. Before lockdown 2.0, there were many decisions posted for June applicants, which seems to me that they are working around the six month deadline. I'm a July applicant and honestly don't expect to hear before January, unfortunately.

harryisababy
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by harryisababy » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:24 am

fabsco wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:15 am
pblankso wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:16 pm
bext wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:32 pm
azLondon2020 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:21 pm

Thanks all for your input on this topic. I see people that are getting decisions quicker than when I submitted and it is a bit disheartening as my solicitor said my application is pretty straightforward with no dependants, but it seems like it is a black hole and no one knows when the countdown actually starts...
With Standard Service, I believe it only starts when you submitted your Biometrics. The rest depends on when CW starts looking at your case from their queue and it's complexity. If there is an outstanding question, case might be put in a different queue.
Personally, I don't believe in the "SERVICE STANDARD and APPLICATION DEALT IN DATE" talk from the home office. If so, I suppose the delay in having few Aug SET M and Zero SEP SET M approvals will be judged as due to complex case. I strongly disagree, checks for SET M is as straight forward as it can be, and even the most complex should have a turn around of 3months max. I have lost 2 job offers and a hell of other opportunities due to this and yet we see SET O applicant with MAX turn around of 3.4months approval, and I don't care about being UK Ancestry, PBS dependants, Tier 1 Migrants or Tier 2 Migrants. The least home office can do is to respect and treat all applicant same irrespective of the SET. I have compiled my own data with stat from all immigration forums and will be taking the home office on this. I think SET M applicants deserve fair treatment. I have seen SET O application approved in just 2weeks, so cant a SET M be approved in 2weeks.
I am also trying to get my head around Aug and Sept SET (M) approvals when there are so many June and July applicants still waiting. From what people have shared in this forum and on Facebook, they seem to be straightforward cases with no gaps in visas or lack of documents, etc. Before lockdown 2.0, there were many decisions posted for June applicants, which seems to me that they are working around the six month deadline. I'm a July applicant and honestly don't expect to hear before January, unfortunately.

Some say SET M applicants don't need to wait one year to apply for BC hence the lower priority than SET O.
But it's not correct to assume SET M applicants all want BC immediately. It's not like it's free either.

Ameline

Post by Ameline » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:20 pm

@fabsco and @pblankso I can't agree more. It is just unfair and ridiculous. I think for some reason set(m) was just marginalised. The applications should be straightforward for all categories that were eligible for super priority service (as they were able to do the checks in few hours). I feel your pain seeing other categories doing biometrics in November and getting approvals. I am an early Sep applicant myself and not expecting approval before February. Unfortunately, we have nothing to do although I am trying to put an official complaint about this which will take time and might benefit people applying later than us.

@harryisababy nothing to do with BC as they are completely separate processes and departments.

omerlevinz
Newly Registered
Lithuania

Post by omerlevinz » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:20 pm

Ameline wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:20 pm
@fabsco and @pblankso I can't agree more. It is just unfair and ridiculous. I think for some reason set(m) was just marginalised. The applications should be straightforward for all categories that were eligible for super priority service (as they were able to do the checks in few hours). I feel your pain seeing other categories doing biometrics in November and getting approvals. I am an early Sep applicant myself and not expecting approval before February. Unfortunately, we have nothing to do although I am trying to put an official complaint about this which will take time and might benefit people applying later than us.

@harryisababy nothing to do with BC as they are completely separate processes and departments.
I agree. I Think that xxxxxxx may make a complaint about it. I recently visited her website and after reading info about the spouse visa in the UK I talked with the firm and look like they may help.

Weblink removed by moderator!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:32 pm

omerlevinz wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:20 pm
I agree. I Think that xxxxxxx may make a complaint about it. I recently visited her website and after reading info about the spouse visa in the UK I talked with the firm and look like they may help.

Weblink removed by moderator!!
You are NOT permitted to post the names, details or weblinks of immigration advisors/solicitors on the forum!!

I strongly suggest you read the forum rules, all of them, as you were required to do when joining as a member.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by mesn » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:41 pm

octave009 wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:42 pm
Hi all

Just received my Ilr decision
SET O + 3 dependents
Application Date - 13 Oct
Biometric - 10 Nov
Decision email - 28 Nov 10:30pm

I know there are many other members with the similar timelines
@navkant @gag -- decision is imminent
Congrats. This means they are going by application date. Hope the end is near.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

azLondon2020
United States of America

Post by azLondon2020 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:48 pm

faridds wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:44 am
I also hope to hear on my application dated 30th Oct and biometric done on 9th Nov. My friend submitted his biometric on day before me and application same day as me has also received decision on his application yesterday.
🤞
I have all my fingers crossed for you! I hope you get an answer soon which will give us all home that the home office might be working quickly again.

It seems like there were quite a few approvals in the timeline from Thursday - Sat. Really hoping everyone in the same timeline is getting good news and the home office presses on with more applications!

Lasp2010
Newly Registered
India

Post by Lasp2010 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:51 pm

bex654 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:57 pm
azLondon2020 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:10 pm
bex654 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:30 am
Someone mentioned that they checked right to work page to see if there was an update. How did you do this?
Will your old BRP show cancelled/expired right after ILR is approved?
This is the website to check your eligibility to work: https://right-to-work.service.gov.uk/prove/id-question

When does this website change to ILR? Before or after you receive your decision email?
I keep checking this website multiple times a day, just wondering if it will change before I receive my approval email.
I dont know. I have not used this website before, so I am not sure how it works.
Just received ILR Approval email, oct 29 biometric set o

Checked RTW few hors ago was not changed but after email it has changed.

So weekend approval email still happening

Lasp2010
Newly Registered
India

Post by Lasp2010 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:52 pm

A query does TNT need someone at home to deliver or they deliver through letter box too

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by mesn » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:58 pm

gag285 wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:29 pm
navkant wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:46 pm
Looks like malikf got a Set O approval with Nov 12th bio. Mysteries of HO continues 😡
I saw another user on FB with 1st Oct application and 21st Oct biometrics received approval on 27th Nov for Set O with three dependents. Some hope for next week!
Really hope it's pre Christmas. Best of luck to all of us 😄
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:21 pm

navkant wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:58 pm

Really hope it's pre Christmas. Best of luck to all of us 😄
I really hope it is. I am not overly hopeful because of the delay email. It seems mine might not be this side of Christmas. Good luck with yours though!

raghuy
Newly Registered
India

Post by raghuy » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:21 am

Hi All,

Finally, I got my ILR approval yesterday :D . Timelines below.

Applied for ILR Route: Set (O) Five Year Tier 2 General + 1 Dependent
Date application sent: 01 Oct 2020
Payment Made: 01 Oct 2020
Type of application: Standard application
Documents uploaded: 01 Oct 2020
Biometrics Enrolled in person: 27 Oct 2020
Decision Email Received : 29 Nov 2020(Successful)
BRP Card Received: Waiting

Thank you all.

minho87
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by minho87 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:48 am

Hi All,

Just joined the group and have been a silent reader here.

I applied on 24th June'20 as spouse visa extension.
Submitted biometrics via IDV app on 10th September.

Decision still pending.

Anyone else there from June? And what is the best email contact to chase up?

ss0809
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ss0809 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:06 am

Hi

When I check the right to work website using my BRP and DoB, it says my record doesn't exist. I checked months ago and this was fine - has anyone experienced this before/know if you need to do something? My ILR application is in progress but i have not heard any updates - wondering if this means something has gone wrong

DimaG
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by DimaG » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:11 am

Posting my ILR case data just for stats here:

Submitted application online - Aug 7th
Submitted docs through IDV app - Sep 4th (was waiting for app introduction)
Booked additional in-person appointment on Oct 15th for Nov 7th, but it was spotted by UKVCAS and cancelled
Received decision email - Nov 18th
BRP card arrived - Nov 25th

aclondon2
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by aclondon2 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:12 am

raghuy wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:21 am
Hi All,

Finally, I got my ILR approval yesterday :D . Timelines below.

Applied for ILR Route: Set (O) Five Year Tier 2 General + 1 Dependent
Date application sent: 01 Oct 2020
Payment Made: 01 Oct 2020
Type of application: Standard application
Documents uploaded: 01 Oct 2020
Biometrics Enrolled in person: 27 Oct 2020
Decision Email Received : 29 Nov 2020(Successful)
BRP Card Received: Waiting

Thank you all.
Congrats @raghuy!

@gag285: hope it's your turn soon!

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:20 am

Thanks but my interpretation is that they want to do some enquiries on my case hence the delay email last week. I really hope these enquiries don’t get lost in the system. Good luck with yours!!

minho87
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by minho87 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:32 am

ss0809 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:06 am
Hi

When I check the right to work website using my BRP and DoB, it says my record doesn't exist. I checked months ago and this was fine - has anyone experienced this before/know if you need to do something? My ILR application is in progress but i have not heard any updates - wondering if this means something has gone wrong
Hi mate, what is the website link you are checking?

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:11 am

minho87 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:32 am
ss0809 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:06 am
Hi

- Just to add it did the same for me this morning( although my BRP expired end of Oct)but until yesterday it did state that. It happened once before and returned to expired BRP later. I guess it’s just a system issue. No point losing sleep over it.

Hi mate, what is the website link you are checking?

asmith

Post by asmith » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:19 am

Anyone from August 2020 still waiting for SET-LR application? I applied on 27 August.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:24 am

asmith wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:19 am
Anyone from August 2020 still waiting for SET-LR application? I applied on 27 August.
I am with you. Applied Aug 29th. I remember another 20th August applicant also waiting
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

ShoxBox
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by ShoxBox » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:39 am

Same - 24 Aug applicant still waiting.

A2A
Newly Registered
China

Post by A2A » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:46 am

asmith wrote:
I'm waiting...applied on 26 Aug.

ShoxBox
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by ShoxBox » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:50 am

A2A wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:46 am
asmith wrote:
I'm waiting...applied on 26 Aug.
I applied IDV only, 24 Aug. Did you guys do dual submissions?