ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pakistani Birth Cert Verification

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Taki
Ireland

Re: Pakistani Birth Cert Verification

Post by Taki » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:36 pm

Any update? please share here regarding the topic

Taki
Ireland

Post by Taki » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:05 am

No update?

bluesky1
Ireland

Post by bluesky1 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:07 pm

Nothing yet. Will get update only when passport office will open after Dec 2.

Taki
Ireland

Post by Taki » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:44 pm

Any body have any idea will passport office start with full capacity as normal in level 3 restrictions or they work with limited capacity like work from home?

bluesky1
Ireland

Post by bluesky1 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:05 pm

No update on website yet. I dont think they can work from home. The real question is if they have done there verifications yet at this stage or is it still going to be same old answer? I cant understand how they can justify delaying an application for 9 month.

Blessings123
Pakistan

Post by Blessings123 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:50 am

No update.
No refund from the first application either. Did anyone else get refund ?
I am hopeless now so not even thinking. Will apply for stamp 6 so that atleast I may be able to travel on my current passport without any issues.

bluesky1
Ireland

Post by bluesky1 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:55 am

They seems to be operational again but than again our applications r probably burried 600 feet underground so yeah I agree no point hoping.
Also be aware u will need a reentery visa on ur passport as well after stamp 6 in order to be able to travel.

Taki
Ireland

Post by Taki » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:16 pm

Is on line tracking system working and showing status/progress. I reapplied during restriction level 5 and sent them the documents on the same day but my on line tracker does not show anything about my application except application receiving date.

bluesky1
Ireland

Post by bluesky1 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:23 pm

The tracker is working, they probably havnt looked at ur papers and updated the file yet. It will probably be updated in few days, dont worry our applications r not a priority for them as u would have imagined by now.
Also I contacted them regarding refund for previous application and she just said she will forward this to her supervisor. I must say my exprience with this department is worst ever in life.

Blessings123
Pakistan

Post by Blessings123 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:36 pm

Agree. Don’t know how they are running things. No clear answer from chat or phone helpline. Just wait wait and wait.
I have stopped expecting anything now. Will apply for stamp 6 and then reentry visa. I have no hopes from them. May be they wish to cancel our second application too after 6 months and ask to apply again.

bluesky1
Ireland

Post by bluesky1 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:10 pm

I think we all should email the Minister of Foreign Affairs regarding this issue. His email can be found on his website. I will send an email to raise this issue and if he gets enough emails he might look into this. Even in a pandemic this delay can not be justified and we need to raise our voice otherwise people would suffer in future too.

Taki
Ireland

Post by Taki » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:28 pm

In fact we don’t know the factual position because we just 3 people on this thread may be all other who were effected by this issue previously have already achieved their goal? I believe we can still move and can write anyone who have influence over them. But realistically we should give them little more time at least till Christmas because of level 5 lockdown which is just bit relaxed now and they resumed their duties very recently.

bluesky1
Ireland

Post by bluesky1 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:10 pm

I know of 2-3 more people atleast who r in same situation although I have a very limited friends circle. I know they were closed but the thing is according to them they have already requested verification from Pak authorities and waiting for there response so the process was still going on even though they were closed n either they r not chasing this or they r want to keep us in a loop to show to future applicants as well that anything can happen to them and its there wish to grant or not to grant the passport.

Blessings123
Pakistan

Post by Blessings123 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:13 am

I don’t think so there is anything we can do. I don’t even know what stage is our case now. No fee refunded from first application. Second application again waiting for verification. Can you deny us passport after we are a naturalised citizen?

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:51 am

Guys I am not in this situation myself but just came across this topic so thought I share my thought?
By any chance is most of these people effected my this birth certificate issue are the ones who's birth registration was late ?
For example born in 1980 but birth registration took place in 2001 ?

bluesky1
Ireland

Post by bluesky1 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:54 am

Well they can absolutely refuse to issue a passport for any reason and leave u to either give up or waste years n years running a case in court.
Regarding delay in birth registration I dont think it will have any effect as my registration was done within 3 weeks of birth. All in all it could be just a way of keeping people bitting there tongue when they apply for any document here so they keep in mind they have no rights only what the system deems fit to do.

Taki
Ireland

Post by Taki » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:23 pm

New on forum wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:51 am
Guys I am not in this situation myself but just came across this topic so thought I share my thought?
By any chance is most of these people effected my this birth certificate issue are the ones who's birth registration was late ?
For example born in 1980 but birth registration took place in 2001 ?
I think law can not rely on our thoughts, if you know someone who have such kind of experience then please share here. Otherwise we should pursue the matter on the basis of law/legality. Yes the passport authorities know very well courts proceedings take years to decide, so they are not much worry about court actions.

bluesky1
Ireland

Post by bluesky1 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:45 pm

The information is based on official website information.

Can my application be refused?
If the Passport Service is not satisfied that you have proved your identity or citizenship status, your application may be refused. However, the Passport Service will normally contact you to request further documentation or information before issuing a formal refusal.

Your passport application may be refused if:

Issuing you with a passport would pose a danger to national security, the security of another country, or might endanger public safety
You provide false or misleading information or documents
The courts have issued an order for the surrender of a child’s passport
You already have been granted an Irish passport, and you have not given a valid reason for applying for a new Irish passport
If your application for an Irish passport is refused, you have a right to appeal the decision – see ‘Passport appeals’ below.

Taki
Ireland

Post by Taki » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:47 pm

Of course they can refused your application based on misleading, fake documents etc but late entry does not means illegal, fake or misleading. There should be a valid reason because in Pakistan it was not mandatory to register birth immediately, people have this opportunity to register child’s birth after a while or when they need to. Usually people don’t care about this important document unless someone required from them. Anyways late entry is not a crime, illegal, misleading or fake documents it is just carelessness or some different system/procedure in Pakistan.

bluesky1
Ireland

Post by bluesky1 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:22 am

Looks like there has been a little work done regarding verification or atleast thats what the office is saying now so lets see. Anyone else got any update from them?

Taki
Ireland

Post by Taki » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:37 am

bluesky1 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:22 am
Looks like there has been a little work done regarding verification or atleast thats what the office is saying now so lets see. Anyone else got any update from them?
How you see there has been a little work done regarding verification?

bluesky1
Ireland

Post by bluesky1 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:55 pm

I contacted them n they said there is some progress to this issue but havnt give me a definite yes or no answer how long further so lets see. Probably we should check with ur local union council if they have got any request for verification?

Taki
Ireland

Post by Taki » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:18 pm

bluesky1 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:55 pm
I contacted them n they said there is some progress to this issue but havnt give me a definite yes or no answer how long further so lets see. Probably we should check with ur local union council if they have got any request for verification?
Do you know someone who got Irish Passport after reapplying? and who got refund from Passport Office for 1st application?

bluesky1
Ireland

Post by bluesky1 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:15 pm

Its just 3 of us here n 1-2 more that I know of, no one that I know of have got there passport so far after re-applying. No refund yet as well.

If someone else have any update please do share n update here once u get ur passport.

Taki
Ireland

Post by Taki » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:14 pm

bluesky1 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:15 pm
Its just 3 of us here n 1-2 more that I know of, no one that I know of have got there passport so far after re-applying. No refund yet as well.

If someone else have any update please do share n update here once u get ur passport.
Thanks for prompt reply, someone told me he got his book few days before after reapplying he avoid to give me full details date etc but he conformed he got his pass and haven't yet got refund of 1st application. Anyways don't worry, I will definitely share here when ever I will have any information. I am hopping we all will get good news before the end of 2020.